Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: X-Box 360 Must Have Games  (Read 3191 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Box 360 Must Have Games
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »

You can disable voice communications through the Xbox. The community isn't usually that bad. I think it's the worst in the Call of Duty games, which probably don't appeal to you much anyway.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »

I misunderstood the title. I thought it was supposed to be a sort of assumption: "X-Box 360 MUST have games!!"
And I immediately thought of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry. Had to insert my humorous remark. Carry on, old chaps.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »

I can't recommend Armored Core V; I've heard noone really plays it anymore.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »

If you're a fan of rougelikes, platformers, both, or neither; Spelunky is a must buy.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

Gonna second both Spelunky and Portal/Portal 2 (especially the second for the multiplayer).

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 02:50:50 am »

Tales of Vesperia is probably one of the best Tales games, and is a great JRPG.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 03:19:05 am »

Man, reading these suggestions... this does not sound like a list of "games for the youngins'" :P

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 11:02:35 am »

I misunderstood the title. I thought it was supposed to be a sort of assumption: "X-Box 360 MUST have games!!"
And I immediately thought of this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry. Had to insert my humorous remark. Carry on, old chaps.

I'll be the first to admit I'm an avid fan of the PS3 moreso than 360, but I got a good laugh out of that. Thank you muchly.

I've been playing Way of the Samurai 3 a lot lately, and it's pretty tame in the gore, language, and sexual senses. I'm pretty sure there's none of the third one, almost none of the second, and very little of the first. It's pretty fun, but when you die you restart the story with the character as he was when he died. There are also I think over a dozen different endings, so it's got that replayablity factor if you don't mind some repetition in the beginning.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

I recommend Batman: Arkham Asylum. Not a "kids game" at all, but c'mon, it's Batman!
Maybe the sequel as well, though the enemy chatter in that one is a bit more graphic.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

Man, reading these suggestions... this does not sound like a list of "games for the youngins'" :P
Depends on the kids, honestly. I spent my childhood as it should be: with Quake, GTA, Goldeneye, and AoE. And the occasional 24 hour Mario Party marathon with some buddies and lots of pizza.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 11:53:33 am »

Depends on the kids, honestly. I spent my childhood as it should be: with Quake, GTA, Goldeneye, and AoE. And the occasional 24 hour Mario Party marathon with some buddies and lots of pizza.  :P

Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evils 1-3, Silent Hill, Syphon Filter, and Rise of the Triad for me (RotT took up so many hours of my childhood). Fun story, my dad would get scared of stuff in Silent Hill and just pass me the controller.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »

I just added more to the list on the first page. Thanks for all of your recommendations. I am using this list to get the good games for the X-Box. And a lot of them are cheap. I am always open to more recommendations.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:43 am »

I recommend Project Sylpheed.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarGmjbGQKI

It's really old, for a 360 game, and wasn't especially popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found it for <$10.  There's a cutscene or two of some lady walking around 'just having got out of the shower' in a towel and stuff (it's kinda derpy), but it's otherwise totally about shooting tons of rockets and lasers at space planes.

There's a demo, too, so you can just download it to see if you like it!  Though, the one really awesome super-lock laser in that demo is reeeeally expensive.  I had to save up for pretty much an entire playthrough to buy it, though stuff you unlock carries through, so.

As for the XBax Marketplace, N+ is purportedly good, though I personally don't really like it.  Castle Crashers is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:35:30 am by Farce »
Pages: 1 2 [3]