Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 222884 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »

@Zanzetzuken
There are generic Dragon NPCs, and I know for a fact there's a script that lets one change shape (and  hence skillset) using MP. So that's doable.

Sweet.

Also:
*Rubs forehead*

Can I get the decency of a link?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:59:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »

Removed the remark.  But still, a link to the trial version?  Wait, first tell me the file size.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:03:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »

Huh. Must be the resolution then.

E: I linked to a sprite maker a couple posts earlier. It doesn't have all the parts from game maker, but makes up by having some new ones instead.

I'm fixing it up already, no need. It's just that that sprite maker makes spritesheets for one character, but VX needs a different size image with multiple sprites in it. I can just take the blank space from Ultimuh's sprite and put Darvi and Xeron and Derm in it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2012, 08:06:32 pm »

That sheet I made was a joke. Does it actually look like my avatar?

... Okay well maybe a little like pre-mutation, but... well... something something I lost what point I was trying to make.

E1: Is this downloader seriously on top of all the other windows at all times?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »

I wanna be a dead guy.
Also, this looks like it's going to be entertaining.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2012, 08:08:51 pm »

Could you dwarf me as an NPC mechanic that gets involved in a mechanical accident?

I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

Someone else will need to make the planeswalker sprite (see:My avatar w/ dragon skulls on shoulders and dull green breastplate[If possible]).  Curse you Dial-up!!!

On another note, you should make my NPC have low speed, in accordance with my internet connection speed.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2012, 08:12:30 pm »

Posting to watch this...experiment.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

Ayayayaya making the battle sprites is gonna be a chore...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 08:57:10 pm »

I think I did it wrong. I got two folders, used both setups, but I still need to buy it to do anything?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »

I don't mind being either a PC or an NPC.

If I'm an NPC, it would most likely be because of these reasons (see things I listed in here for reference), and there are some pretty damn good reasons why I shouldn't be part of a team EVER (I'm basically outlawed from being part of any adventure party), or why there's an absurd bounty on my head. I tend to piss off quite a few people rather easily because of my antics. My character will be referencing some of them, and their degrees of success here and there.

Also if I'm an NPC, then I can run an unofficial/unorthodox sundries shop with a modified teleporter, blinking wildly, on hand as a makeshift deli-slicer, that or some kind of black market, selling things from my offscreen solo-quests, obtained via some of those methods. My vehicle is also a tank with chainsaw treads. Apparently, in this game, my character did most-all the things I listed over the course of his adventuring career. Summary of most of them: "Worth it.". Always good for a quick laugh if you want to hear a blurb about how I pulled off one of the items in the list, and sometimes, the after-effects/consequences of doing them.

If I am a PC, then I can suggest all kinds of absurd random ideas (which by my standards, would work in a way; but shouldn't. Again, read the list, and my suggestions); however, there would be some force of reason, or voice of reason, suggesting we probably shouldn't. It's up to you if you want any of them to actually be a solution to a puzzle or something or to be done/involved at all. Nothing like clearing security out with a pinata full of claymore mines aka "Jawbreakers" (funny enough, filling them with actual jawbreaker candy was a cheaper option) during a security officer's birthday.

If that's a bit much, then considering things, I could always be the dude with the airship.

EDIT:
Another town that had all residents look the same is also the Mr. Saturn village and the Tenda village from Earthbound.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:24:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:46 pm »

Removed the remark.  But still, a link to the trial version?  Wait, first tell me the file size.

216MB. Probably a bit out of your current range, I'm afraid.

That sheet I made was a joke. Does it actually look like my avatar?

... Okay well maybe a little like pre-mutation, but... well... something something I lost what point I was trying to make.

E1: Is this downloader seriously on top of all the other windows at all times?

It does yeah, like you said pre-mutation. :D

Could you dwarf me as an NPC mechanic that gets involved in a mechanical accident?

I can do that!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »

....*reads topic*

YES! FUCK YES!
That said, a fully accurate representation of B12 would probably take about 100 hours to play, give or take :P
((It would also be AWESOME, but still.)

I'm lazy, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting either dorfed as an ineffectual geek of some description or as an eccentric but relatively harmless monster-thing. :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111