Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 219449 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

These are scripts that most of which I got off RMRK, and others from Yanfly's website. Far better than anything the vanilla RPG Maker can do anyway. Contains a lot of bugfixes for the program and the games they make too.

I remember when I got a heavily modded version of RPGmaker that I didn't know was modded and I thought it was amazing. Then much further down the road I got 'The latest RPGmaker" and found out... it had none of those features I loved so much and was a large, a huge, step backwards.

I was like "What is this!?!"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »

An example of the way sprites can be used. Without the 8D script and accompanying extended sprites, they merely walk in place, have an icon representing their weapon animate in a slicing motion, and die by having their sprite rotated 90 degrees and face upwards. Ignore the icons in the ATB up the top, they're just leftovers from a previous game. Gonna have to edit it out. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:04 am »

I would love to do some of the attack animations for this game.

If there is one thing I can do, it is occasionally comming up with really awsome animations... So long as the sprites are there.

Errr wait... I'd have to own this game >_<... and I don't think I do own VX (I am not aware of what version I own)

Nor am I aware how to sent them... or organise sprites for animation... hmmm
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:46:38 am by Neonivek »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2012, 12:51:25 am »

You do not need to have VX. I can send you an animation sheet used for spells/attack animations that you can edit as you wish, and I can import it easily if you post it via imgur.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2012, 12:57:55 am »

You do not need to have VX. I can send you an animation sheet used for spells/attack animations that you can edit as you wish, and I can import it easily if you post it via imgur.

The animation sheet would be helpful.

By the by, can you make character sprites disapear when they use certain attacks?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2012, 01:25:25 am »

Fuzzy, it's in the spritesheet now! With those sprites using Yanfly I could make a basic enemy.
Do you want me to do the extended spritesheet as well? 'Cause I could do that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:27 am »

If you wish to be a PC or Major Enemy, then yes!

I have also decided I will list the scripts I am using in the Bay12 RPG. They'll be listed in the OP.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:49:54 am by Reudh »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2012, 02:07:42 am »

I claim PC if there are slots left :P

Someone sprite up EVANDER JUSTICE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That guy is the last person I expected to ever see again.
-snip-
TOTALLY IN CHARACTER!

E: How do I use YEM? I downloaded and extracted it, but it crashes the moment I run the .exe .
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:26:00 am by Darvi »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2012, 03:32:16 am »

You don't need to use YEM. I can do that legwork. The only help I need is sprites. :D

Out of curiosity, how does Yanfly work? Do you add characters through a separate editor? In code?

With a spritesheet, to enable that sprite for the extended animations, all one must do is add _8D to the filename. Yanfly scans it automatically and adds it in, so long as the filenames match. EG:

hero1.png
hero1_8D.png

Otherwise, all I have to do is import the sprites and Yanfly does all the work for me.

Will the Main Main Main character lean toward the Dark Side, willingly letting the Troll Faction flood the World Fortress with magma? Or will he/she take command of the Deep Dwarves, forming a Valiant Liberal Crime Squad to take down the Troll King once and for all? Now featuring: RELATIONSHIP VALUES! Choose to reject Descan's advances and chase the much more timid Kaijyuu!

I could do this all day.

I could probably implement a clumsy dating system. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:42 am »

You don't need to use YEM. I can do that legwork. The only help I need is sprites. :D
My curiosity demands it!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 03:38:01 am »

Well if all of that is in there, I'm kinda pissed off at how I cant seem to get the demo to work.

To get the trial version (demo), start up the program, click the lower right button and then it should be fairly obvious.
(See the two tiny circles? Click the one which says something about trial version. Then fill out all the empty fields with whatever information it requires. Then you are good to go!")

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 03:38:42 am »

Eh. The 1.1 demo from YanflyChannel? Works just fine for me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 03:49:14 am »

So the good news is, the top half of the 8D spritesheet repeats itself, so unless one wants to do something different, one can just copy the upper left quarter and paste it over the upper right.
And the lower right corner, which only contains shadows, obviously doesn't need editing.

So that leaves us with 5*12=60 individual sprites instead of the 12*8=96 that one would expect. Still a lot, but since 12 of them can be made by the char creator, that leaves us with only 48 manually made sprites. That's only half of the entire sheet!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2012, 03:55:52 am »

SPRITE'D! Now I just need a mugshot.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2012, 03:58:48 am »

Aiya, you make it sound like a huge chore. Well, perhaps I won't have 10 PCs, that may be ridiculous... Or maybe I won't bother with 8D. Of course it wouldn't look as good, but... oh...

@ExKirby! Done! Added!

So what do all you guys think? 8D = more sprites, but better viewing of what's going on in battle?
Non-8D = easy to do, just need a single sprite sheet just like what ExKirby posted above, but stilted animations that look repetitive.

It's you guys's's's's's's call.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111