Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 223748 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1125 on: November 20, 2012, 10:36:04 pm »

I always assumed that this game will be somewhat of a meta comedy about the board and RPGs in general.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 20, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »

As a separate, tri-ninja'd idea...

Maybe the ghost of the warlord is a recurring mini-boss who also shows up in various sidequests instead of being the bonus boss, a d instead of the previously mentioned end...

Once Tim is defeated, the dwarves offer you entrance to the Upper Realms, where you attain fame through a series of related quests. The central settlement, a dwarven fortress combining the best and the maddest of the community, is a sort of a hub for this activity; every quest you finish ends with you bringing a trophy to the dwarven king. These trophies include magical items and an Adamantine Pick. The magical items let the dwarves explore deeper, safer.
If you need to collect trophies based off of Dwarf Fortress, they should be things like a certain number of elf ears, the bones of an air-drowned mermaid, the last tears of a dwarven child for battle through a life of cruelty, an artifact rope reed amulet encrusted with shells and covered in the blood of its creator, and something with a picture of a dwarf surrounded by cats and/or eating cheese.
Or Planepacked, or Ásax's spear.
There should be at least 15-20 "magical" items which advance the "expand underground" counter, and several others. In my opinion, of course.

Are we talking about Armok the god of blood, or Armok the forum member?
Maybe both, with the forum member being the decoy Armok.
If they are separate, then how would we differentiate them? Well... I guess godhood would be a good indicator. Maybe they're one and the same, but Armok has to ascend first or something?
Maybe Forum!Armok is a scary but easily-defeatable-by-the-time-you-reach-him NPC? Maybe Armok's Ale would be a sidequest...

I always assumed that this game will be somewhat of a meta comedy about the board and RPGs in general.
Why not? I was designing the plot with that in mind, but with enough room to make it more serious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 20, 2012, 10:40:56 pm »

We are still doing that friendship thing right?

'cause I had a thing planned for it (My side at least) that's probably kinda terrible.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 20, 2012, 10:44:41 pm »

We are still doing that friendship thing right?

'cause I had a thing planned for it (My side at least) that's probably kinda terrible.

I hope so. I had an idea based around finding and installing the mystical love program for whatever reason.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 20, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »

If they are separate, then how would we differentiate them? Well... I guess godhood would be a good indicator. Maybe they're one and the same, but Armok has to ascend first or something?
Maybe Forum!Armok is a scary but easily-defeatable-by-the-time-you-reach-him NPC? Maybe Armok's Ale would be a sidequest...
I was thinking that you could meet Forum!Armok, and due to the name, people would attribute all that they heard about BloodGod!Armok to him, making him seem too powerful to fight.  Then when you meet BloodGod!Armok, you find out the rumors were about BloodGod!Armok instead of Forum!Armok.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:34 pm »

(With the romance option at the end? YOu can only have one, however, and it effects the rest of the game in small to mediumish ways depending on who and if none at all.)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:23 pm »

(With the romance option at the end? YOu can only have one, however, and it effects the rest of the game in small to mediumish ways depending on who and if none at all.)

Is this directed towards me? It's a bit hard to tell by the context.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 20, 2012, 10:53:08 pm »

The ultimate store is for "Best friends only" :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:38 pm »

I was thinking that you could meet Forum!Armok, and due to the name, people would attribute all that they heard about BloodGod!Armok to him, making him seem too powerful to fight.  Then when you meet BloodGod!Armok, you find out the rumors were about BloodGod!Armok instead of Forum!Armok.
Yeah, this. The adjective I'd use to describe Forum!Armok is less scary and more weird in his own special Armok-y way. Anyway, if we do want to include him, I suggest we get his consent/input by PMing him and alerting him to this thread.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 20, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »

Is this directed towards me? It's a bit hard to tell by the context.

It's to the thread in general.

Upshot is I want there to be a long term plot relevant persona 4 style dating sim at some point with the option of 'none of the above'.

*beat*

Again, we should have a female protagonist only.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:57:01 pm by dermonster »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:23 pm »

Sure.

Can you attach skills to gear?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »

Sure.

Can you attach skills to gear?

It is tricky but yes.

The harder part is to attach losing a skill to gear.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 20, 2012, 11:08:42 pm »

What about changing classes with armor? I have an idea for a space-themed RPG where the "armors" are actually different classes of ships.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 20, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »

Space flea Armok it is!

I had an idea. How about, various travelling merchants you buy things off can be revealed at the end to be selling items to you to fund the Big Bad's war effort against you.

So effectively you fund your own demise. If you die that is.

(ninja x21)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:49 pm »

So people don't feel cheated Reudh how about after you buy all the war equipment beat the fake final boss and Space Flea Armok appears...

Everyone decides they don't need the war funds (since they just became useless) and sells them to give you a new item.

If you bought every war-item the reward is the Infinite+1 Armor.

Or it is ENTIRELY pointless to Parody another RPG...

You should be able to see those items and if you buy them all the attack base should just be rediculous.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 111