Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: ASCII vs. Tilesets: Battle of the Century  (Read 15919 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASCII vs. Tilesets: Battle of the Century
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2012, 06:54:31 am »

You could just cut the end off a monitor cable, and use those wires you know...  but I don't need to.  I have my imaginary dwarves do it.  They're all like "Urist McSolderer cancels solder: Magma is better"

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2012, 08:27:13 am »

Battle of the century? Why does every difference of opinion have to come to a fight. It's like everyone is conditioned to seek out conflict.  ::)

I'm mostly posting about how artful I find the derail though, good job guys!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2012, 09:42:59 am »

Why can't you make solder, anyway?! Dwarves need solder!
My wooden badge was delicious.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:26 am »

Battle of the century? Why does every difference of opinion have to come to a fight. It's like everyone is conditioned to seek out conflict.  ::)

I'm mostly posting about how artful I find the derail though, good job guys!

OF COURSE IT'S A CONFLICT

EVERYONE WILL ACCEPT TILESETS ONE DAY AND WE. WILL. RULE. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But, for you knowledge, this is how the name of this thread originated:

OP should change the title of this topic to "Battle of the Century: Tilesets VS ASCII" or something.

This thread carried on long enough. Why can't tileset users and ASCII users live in peace together?

And we decided to battle it out with a game of wits and sarcasm.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2012, 11:20:51 am »

Did you know you can detect all three major kinds of radiation with a PIN diode, one of those big transistors and some assorted bits to make an amplifier? It's true!

muzzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »

Only if you define "all three major kinds of radiation" as EM, EM and EM, you nincompoop!

(I actually have no idea if they can detect anything other than EM, but I found the lack of trolling disturbing...)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2012, 12:51:07 pm »

If you look up the definition of troll, you won't see Goombageek, cuz he's just too crafty of one.  This thread is designed to be needlessly inflamitory, for example. :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2012, 01:09:50 pm »

Alpha, beta and gamma. The PIN diode picks up beta and gamma whenever it hits the exposed surface, and the transistor picks up alpha if you've worked off the big metal cover around it, and even then you need to hold it like an inch from the source. Together you could make a radiation detector that makes a different noise for alpha particles, so if you moved it from my radium watch to my exposed smoke detector source you could hear it go "clickclickclick click  click  bloop click bloop  bloop bloop bloopbloopbloopbloop". Isn't that cool?

muzzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:00 pm »

If you look up the definition of troll, you won't see Goombageek, cuz he's just too crafty of one.  This thread is designed to be needlessly inflamitory, for example. :P

Yeah, I got that once I got to 'battle' :P

Alpha, beta and gamma. The PIN diode picks up beta and gamma whenever it hits the exposed surface, and the transistor picks up alpha if you've worked off the big metal cover around it, and even then you need to hold it like an inch from the source. Together you could make a radiation detector that makes a different noise for alpha particles, so if you moved it from my radium watch to my exposed smoke detector source you could hear it go "clickclickclick click  click  bloop click bloop  bloop bloop bloopbloopbloopbloop". Isn't that cool?

In the transistor's defense, any alpha detector needs to be held like an inch from the source, because (IIRC) that's about as far as alpha particles can travel through air.

And I suppose I don't have to tell you this, but just to be sure: be very, very careful not to scratch your smoke detector source when exposing it.

---

Great, now I've made a sensible comment when I was supposed to be trolling. gg GG   :-\

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2012, 04:02:27 pm »

My mom also has a sample set with a lump of pitchblende in it, back when sample sets were awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]