Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A couple of bugs  (Read 625 times)

bloodyfool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A couple of bugs
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »

I've found a bug where the ashery ignores a free lye barrel when trying to make potash but the darves have no trouble pouring lye into it. The barrel has been decorated so that might have something to do with it.

The other bug relates to some weird crash that happens whenever the game hits the 2nd day of late autumn in what I think is the second year with this fortress. No idea what causes it and it happens regularly no matter what I try to change. Backups of both instances are available if they're wanted.

Edit: I messed around with the save I have before the crash. Removed all of the designations I had placed and drafted all of the dwarves into the dwarven military except for the 3 nobles having a private party in the communal dining room and the nutcase metalsmith waiting for a delivery of skeletons and an obscure spool of thread. So while waiting for the second day of Timber to roll around three dwarves manage to find a quick death sparring. Finally the day arrives and I am greeted by the birth of a calf and the removal of the broker's mandate against the export of boots. Most notably the game doesn't crash. So I disband the drafted dwarves and they go about their civilian tasks. Seven days later the game crashes again.

[ August 18, 2006: Message edited by: bloodyfool ]