Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Implementing Elvenleather  (Read 1247 times)

Oroberus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Implementing Elvenleather
« on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »

Wusa,

after playing around and having lots of fun during the last 2 weeks, it came to my mind that it would be pretty dwarfy to be able to skin dead elves.

Right now those hippies come around every year to harrass whomever is available and as I like to use them for a bit of combat practice for my militia, I got a bunch of elvencorpses. The bones can be used for bolts or crafts but what about their hides?

Is it even possible to get this done or would the work needed be too much just for that little anti-elven-extra?

Wusa, Oro

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Implementing Elvenleather
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 01:28:03 pm »

To do this you need to change the dwarven ethic for [EAT_SAPIENT_KILL] and [EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER] to ACCEPTABLE rather than UNTHINKABLE. I'm not sure if it needs to be both, and you could test it if you want. This will also require a new world generation as any mods to the entity file will, and will allow you to butcher goblins, humans, and kobolds as well, but not dwarves because iduno.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Oroberus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 04:31:06 pm »

Wusa,

that's what I already thought, it would be hilarious to have a marksdwarfsquad totally equipped with elven leather and without a doubt the elves deserve it to not being seen as sapient being but I don't think that I'm ok with messing up the whole ethics of my innocent little mountaindwellers.

But thanks for the answer anyway :)

Wusa, Oro

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »

I'm unsure how to do this, but it might be possible through interactions.
I doubt it would work, though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »

If you are really bent on making them butcherable without altering ethics, then remove their [INTELLIGENT] tag.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 07:31:49 am »

If you are really bent on making them butcherable without altering ethics, then remove their [INTELLIGENT] tag.

I wonder how this will make them interact with dwarves in fort mode though ?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »

I wonder how this will make them interact with dwarves in fort mode though ?

Since they can't speak, they would probably be at odds with all other entities.