Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: More abominations, taking requests.  (Read 53128 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: More abominations, taking requests.
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2014, 05:47:15 pm »

Unfortunately, I believe that the specific food token only accepts plant or animal materials, and I'm not sure if I can get irgise to build underwater towers. Both creatures have keen senses of smell and vision, and the futank can retract into its shell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An attempt at the aboleth and skum. The interaction will have to go into an interaction file.

E: Bumped up aboleth size and stopped skum from dying of old age. Can't seem to find any instances of aboleths converting skum. Some skum are born into the world without aboleths, and they seem to function just fine, though their mortality rate is still a bit high for my liking.

E2: I am dumb. Aboleth attack wasn't working in the first place. Should be fixed now. It works in the arena, at least.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:16:02 pm by BlackFlyme »

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2014, 07:01:15 pm »

What about some metal creature with a liquid-like appearance which turns into metal objects?
Imagine you're fighting back some goblins when your sword suddenly melts ands starts strangling you
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »

What about some metal creature with a liquid-like appearance which turns into metal objects?
Imagine you're fighting back some goblins when your sword suddenly melts ands starts strangling you

A metal creature is possible, though I don't think liquid tissues hold up too well, unless that has been fixed.

But items cannot turn into creatures, and the only two ways I know of for a creature to turn into an item is by dying.

Though it is totally possible to make creatures that have the appearance of items, even though they wouldn't act like an item. There have been a few mods that utilized living suits of armour or animated weapons before.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:12 pm »

You can produce a creature from an item in a reaction, but this requires either DFHack or a horribly convoluted method involving at least two transformation syndromes.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2014, 09:00:26 am »

a human-sized creature capable of throwing any creature 10 tiles with enormous strength and the ability to sense creature through walls and is insanely fast and has one hand that is a blade and the other that is normal (blade hand should still be hand if possible(can throw, grab and hold things) but should deal edge damage instead of blunt). if this is not possible just make something with insane strength while still being human sized.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2014, 05:08:37 pm »

Unfortunately, I believe that the specific food token only accepts plant or animal materials, and I'm not sure if I can get irgise to build underwater towers. Both creatures have keen senses of smell and vision, and the futank can retract into its shell.

An attempt at the aboleth and skum. The interaction will have to go into an interaction file.

E: Bumped up aboleth size and stopped skum from dying of old age. Can't seem to find any instances of aboleths converting skum. Some skum are born into the world without aboleths, and they seem to function just fine, though their mortality rate is still a bit high for my liking.

E2: I am dumb. Aboleth attack wasn't working in the first place. Should be fixed now. It works in the arena, at least.

Awesome work, mate. I finally have aboleth that actually spawn.

I made a couple of tweaks (added skin color and main claw attacks to skum, gave aboleths [SEMIMEGA], [POWER] and [SPHERE] tags) and added an entity_skum entry. They now live in swamp caves and are naturally drawn to worshipping aboleths. Average world total is a solid 2000 or so on a medium world but that's better then the zero I was dealing with before.

entity_skum file

[/code]

Once again, thanks.

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2014, 08:06:13 pm »

a human-sized creature capable of throwing any creature 10 tiles with enormous strength and the ability to sense creature through walls and is insanely fast and has one hand that is a blade and the other that is normal (blade hand should still be hand if possible(can throw, grab and hold things) but should deal edge damage instead of blunt). if this is not possible just make something with insane strength while still being human sized.
Alright this should do it. Creature has a specifically marked 'blade hand' made out of steel.

first part should go in a separate body_raw .txt raw file. It just make sure there's no fingers on the blade hand.

second part should be part of a separate creature raw .txt file. It's a bit raw in terms of aesthetics but all the components do the right stuff. I had it karate chop chunks off a bronze colossus who then dented flattened its metal hand and then butchered the corpse to confirm presence of metal.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:09:21 pm by Nicolo »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2014, 05:24:10 am »

thx, it is pretty strong. can kill anything that is made of flesh. i made a creature of my own he is made of slade(near-indestructable) and can punch a colossus 10 tiles.

put this in a creture file

and this in an interaction file

credit to the makers of the interaction(find them on the spellbook post(modding section))

[edit] my creature seems to be unstable and buggy on my game. can somebody pls test it and check for any mistakes or bugs

i have not found a way to kill this besides another demigod or a death syndrome
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:35:36 am by Lightningy »
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2014, 04:05:01 pm »

am hope I don't work you to death. I still haven't figured out moding and my ideas are.....well epic and large. just have made an account so I can finally stop lurking

ahem.....

the blood kin
several types.
I want it there blood to have different effects for each individual like how dwarfs do for appearance if possible.

blood dragon-  :o
a dangerous draconic beast. on each side of its back are eight tentacles with witch it can lash you or wrap around you (thankfully not smart enough to pick up weapons this way but it can throw you)
how dangerous it is depends on the combination of effects it has.

it may have a wide verity of effects in its blood. such as-

boiling
normal
vaporous (if this can be done with blood)

it can have a verity of effects-

localized necrosis
full necrosis
nausea
paralysis
dizziness
confusion
dehydration(if possible)
hunger (if possible)
no effect (but I think boiling would still hurt in this case)

these can be any combination

it may have a breath attack depending on the individual
these are.
fire breath (not dragon fire just fire)
blood breath (what ever blood it has with its effects)
acid breath
no breath

can be tamed
can reproduce

if you think you can do this without to much work I will post the other types  (don't want to work you to death)
if any of these are impossible just let m know an I will adjust my idea
thanks in advanced

if you cant make it randomize like this then could you just make it as its own creature and the effect combinations are its caste? ???

-signed
a total modding noob.

ps. sounds fun right?.....right? ;)

pss. am I doing this right? first post here.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »

I attempted to hack this creature into working:

At first he was supposed to be a cave dragon-sized tortoise with a steel shell, but I'm utterly confused by the bodyplan.. In templates I found FLAME, so I tried to make his shell out of that, which worked to an extent.. Looks like, three or four turns after spawning, a unit or two of fat will melt off it and the shell pops off, which sometimes creates a cloud of "boiling flare tortoise n-a" :> I'm assuming it burns itself out, if the shell is made of just flame and no fuel..

I'd really like functioning version of the flame-shelled and steel-shelled both, but either would be fine!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

I attempted to hack this creature into working:

At first he was supposed to be a cave dragon-sized tortoise with a steel shell, but I'm utterly confused by the bodyplan.. In templates I found FLAME, so I tried to make his shell out of that, which worked to an extent.. Looks like, three or four turns after spawning, a unit or two of fat will melt off it and the shell pops off, which sometimes creates a cloud of "boiling flare tortoise n-a" :> I'm assuming it burns itself out, if the shell is made of just flame and no fuel..

I'd really like functioning version of the flame-shelled and steel-shelled both, but either would be fine!
Look at the end of the magma crab raws to see how to make the creature heatproof.  Then at least the shell won't fall off.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

AshenGrey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:30 am »

If you could help me by making this monster, that would be amazing. :3

Make it go berserk, and have chitin the strength of steel armor? :)

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:09 pm »

A clown. They're very physically weak and fragile, but their blood instantly turns whatever it touches into another clown. They also attack everything that isn't another clown.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 25, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »

Minor necro, but I had an idea and I thought you might be able to do something with it.
A tapejarid made of fire, with the ability to perform a kamikaze interaction, killing them after a short period of time. Before they die, though, they should gain the ability to fire ridiculous amounts of fireballs and fire jets.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Horny Furries

Basically animal people who steal woman like night trolls
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21