Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to contract vampirism.  (Read 1112 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to contract vampirism.
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »

Is merely cutting/hacking/beating a vampire to death and then drinking its blood spatters sufficient? Or am I doing it wrong...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How to contract vampirism.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »

Drinking the blood is all it's supposed to take, as far as I'm aware.  I think disease resistance plays into it as well, it may take several tries.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:57:17 pm »

Just kill a vampire in a bloody way, then drink up as much of their blood as is available. You know it worked if you get a Thirsty indicator after a few days. You also won't get drowsy or hungry after drinking their blood.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:53:41 am »

It won't directly tell you you're a vamp.
I know, I had the same problem,  :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 05:07:34 am »

Your speed adjusts when you become a vampire. It changes to some not-too-fast value, like ~1300 for humans. That's a bug I think. I've read somewhere that your attributes will become locked after you become a vampire, so drinking right of the box is not advised. My adventurers usually run around carrying a pouch with vampire blood as a potion of last resort.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »

From what I've read your speed should always go up when you become a vampire, since it increases your strength.  The old bug was that the game didn't recalculate your mass from having the extra muscle at first, so you'd see an enormous increase in speed that partially went away later when the game recalculated your mass.  That was fixed I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure about the attributes becoming fixed.  I think that may have been necromancers instead, but it may also apply to vampires.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:43:22 am »

From what I've read your speed should always go up when you become a vampire, since it increases your strength.  The old bug was that the game didn't recalculate your mass from having the extra muscle at first, so you'd see an enormous increase in speed that partially went away later when the game recalculated your mass.  That was fixed I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure about the attributes becoming fixed.  I think that may have been necromancers instead, but it may also apply to vampires.
Yeah it's that same bug with vampiric strength ebcumbering you with new muscles. I believe it is not fixed in released versions though, because undead bacon making seems to work too, and all undead are portrayed as being "muscular" iirc.

update: just checked with a demigod adventurer. His speed went from 1953 to 1290 after becoming a vampire. He had superior strength, agility and toughness.
However the source vampire is described as being "broad-bodied, tough weak and skinny", so i guess I was not right about all undead displayed as "muscular".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:55:15 am by nanomage »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »

well most vampires you find are old and you can see this from their gray hair.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes