Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Should I Get an Avatar?  (Read 4240 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Get an Avatar?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

Even me?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 05:04:41 pm »

that's why I'm hesitant to change avatars. people tend to forget you.
Well, I guess it's kinda similar, since it's a polar bear but... It's just not the same.

And most of my cards look the same anyways.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2012, 05:34:25 pm »

Even me?
Or me?
It's okay if they're similar, or there aren't too many, or there is some sort of theme. Like Loud Whispers being a variation on dwarves. I still often assign a random one of their avatars, so kaijuu will always be toph.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2012, 07:02:10 pm »

Even me?
Or me?
It's okay if they're similar, or there aren't too many, or there is some sort of theme. Like Loud Whispers being a variation on dwarves. I still often assign a random one of their avatars, so kaijuu will always be toph.
Now I sort of want someone to set one up wherein the images are all of different sizes and resolutions and completely unrelated to each other. There should be a minimum of 100 different images.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »

Even me?
Or me?
Now I sort of want someone to set one up wherein the images are all of different sizes and resolutions and completely unrelated to each other. There should be a minimum of 100 different images.
Pull the images from one of those advertising databases with tons of photos of random people. That would be simultaneously confusing and really creepy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

I found a pixel art version of Rider-Waite.  The bright colors might make it a bit more suitable than the original for an avatar.

Examples:

Side-by-side:

I think the ban is more about sexually provocative content than artistic nudity.  I remember a user having to change their bouncing anime tits avatar, but I don't think you'd have to change a picture of the statue of David or the Pioneer plaque.  Worst comes to worst, as Final Fantasy demonstrates it isn't hard to airbrush clothing onto pixel art.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

I found a pixel art version of Rider-Waite.  The bright colors might make it a bit more suitable than the original for an avatar.

Examples:

Side-by-side:

I think the ban is more about sexually provocative content than artistic nudity.  I remember a user having to change their bouncing anime tits avatar, but I don't think you'd have to change a picture of the statue of David or the Pioneer plaque.  Worst comes to worst, as Final Fantasy demonstrates it isn't hard to airbrush clothing onto pixel art.
These are pretty awesome.  I might switch to these!
And I think you're right.  I asked Toady, but he hasn't written back yet.

EDIT: Now he has, and he said it was alright to add the other cards if I wanted, because it's artistic, not nudity for sake of nudity.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:52:40 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]