Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Will real books ever be a part?  (Read 7278 times)

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will real books ever be a part?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:39 pm »

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Had to be done.  I'm not ashamed. :|

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 06:44:30 pm »

Spoiler: chapter 04 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chapter 05 (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 11:07:48 am »

In the middle of spring, on the 5th of Felsite on the year 516. The Age of Heroes.
Kogan was born of unknown parentage in the small town The Anvils of Calling.
In the year 533 Kogan became a metalsmith, making the artifact steel bolt velasiv.
Descending to the depths of the Earths Kogan tamed Giant Cave Spiders in the year 542.
In the Attack of Volcanoes, the Dwarves of the Steppes to Victory attacked the Goblins of the Jaws of Agony. The Dwarves were led by Kogan and were victorious, killing all of the enemies and removing all records of them from the annals of history.
The goblins were led by the Taupe Demon Usnusulspa.
On the sparse grasses of the fields of torment, Kogan fought the Taupe Demon Usnusulspa in the midst of battle.
Usnusulspa was shot and killed by Kogan, killed by the artifact steel bolt velasiv.
Though defeated, Usnusulspa mortally wounded Kogan, who died of his wounds in the year 588 in the fields of torment, during the Attack of Volcanoes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

...and removing all records of them from the annals of history.
:D

That's good writing Loud Whispers, and I hope that it is what legends mode books turn out to be.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 07:44:09 pm »

I am very impressed yet feel inadequate at the same time  :-[ .

since its staring me in the face I'm gonna ask.  If the records and names were struck how did the author write it? :P

Is legends a collection of history like. some anthropology where its the subject of study, or it told from the vantagepoint one god to another?  I see arguments for either in the game, what with hide history ands its textual effects.

Also, does this mean the story of Axelord is kaput :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 07:59:26 pm »

Since its staring me in the face I'm gonna ask.  If the records and names were struck how did the author write it? :P
Much like Herostratus, seeking to destroy names tends to incur the wrath of Streisand. Hey, at least the goblins are forgotten :P

...and removing all records of them from the annals of history.
:D
That's good writing Loud Whispers, and I hope that it is what legends mode books turn out to be.
Thanks, it's what I imagine a simple V1 version of legends mode -> RNG book could look like. I'm sure if this ever got implemented there'd be the possibility of modding - possibly even a planepacked of RNG books recording THE ENTIRE HISTORY of a world!

Also, does this mean the story of Axelord is kaput :(
This is DF. Most of our stories refuse to die - even in death. Don't ask me how that works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]