Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

A DS Diary-But what to play?

(1/3) > >>

ExKirby:
Fun fact: I'm a Nintendo gamer as well as a PC, and my DSi is probably the second best console I own. Recently, I've also become intrigued by game diaries of Skyrim and GalCiv, so I've decided to combine the two: diaries of DS games. However, to make this a bit more interesting, you guys will be choosing some of the details for me, including the game. Such as to make it easier, I've made a shortlist of games that I have at my disposal and am willing to play in diary format. Take your pick in the poll.

Advance Wars is the mother of all TBS games, in my opinion. For the unaware, you control an army, and have the simple goal of getting one of your men to do the antsy pants dance on your opponent's HQ for long enough to capture it. In my eyes, it's ridiculously deep for such simple mechanics, especially when you add fog of war, weather and those ridiculous CO powers. Needless to say, I really like this game. I could do the campaign which, for reasons I'm not too sure of myself, I have never gotten around to completing, or do a "Skirmish", which are probably more interesting because with four teams, you get four times the action.

Dokapon Journey can really only described as the illegitimate child of Dragon Quest and Monopoly. You are adventurers! The kingdom is being attacked by ((GENERIC NASTIES))! Save the world! Receive a princess! And make as much money as you can while you're at it. With ridiculous levels of getting screwed over by your opponents, some ridiculous plot lines and a large quantity of hatred towards the Counter option, this is basically comedy gold. If I get to do this, I'll go through the Story Mode, take over the kingdom of Dokapon and marry the princess. And optionally bankrupt all of the everyone.

Puzzle Quest 2 is basically Bejewelled's more intelligent older brother. You match gems to gain Mana, match skulls to damage your opponent and cast spells to BLOW UP THE EVERYTHING. Unless your opponent has a good Morale stat, in which case SPELL RESIST FOR EVERYBODY! There are quite a large number of ridiculous combos you can pull off with the right spells, which include the odd seven-in-a-row (which the game treats as a 5 in a row  :-\) and some very very very large numbers at times.

...Yeah. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'll look into them for a bit, consider doing them and maybe then proceed to do them. Either way, take your pick and I'll check to see what I'll be playing, and also break out Ye Olde Book of RPG-Relatedeth Puns.

Criptfeind:
Bankruptcy sounds fun.

Furtuka:
Hmmmmmmm, well I'll vote for advance wars since I'm not sure what your budget or anything is for suggestions

Blaze:
Dokapon Journey reminds me of all my Disgaea antics. Might be a bit too grindy though.

On the other hand, Puzzle Quest DS sounds deliciously rageworthy...

Neonivek:

--- Quote from: Blaze on November 03, 2012, 10:05:23 pm ---Dokapon Journey reminds me of all my Disgaea antics. Might be a bit too grindy though.

On the other hand, Puzzle Quest DS sounds deliciously rageworthy...

--- End quote ---

Well he could do what smart RPG players do and either SUPER FAST FORWARD through grinding or just skip grinding altogether.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version