Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]  (Read 39012 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
[44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« on: November 03, 2012, 11:44:14 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7097

Currently patch 1.6a

Adds 173 new weapons, armour, boots, helms, and shields.

Hello. Ever wanted to put your adventurer in accurate fullplate armour consisting of a variety of different knight helms, cuirass, upper and lower cannons, pauldrons, cuisse, poleyn and greaves, tassets and fauld? How about a samurai with mempo, kabuto, sode, kusazuri, o-yoroi, yari, sandals, and kote?
How about using a zweihander, kilij, panabas, flintlock musket, flamberge, serrated longsword, xiphos, pugio, epee, corseque or nagamaki to slay your foes?
Then, please enjoy my mod. I've made tons of my own accurate (hopefully) weapons and armour (mostly weapons) and would like to share them with you. I've even thrown in a file with weapons and armour tags so you can quickly add them to your entities (ex. [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_GUISARME])

If you notice anything wrong, or serious balance issues, please tell me.

The musket, arquebus and flintlock pistol are modified versions of the ones found in the Black Powder Firearms mod.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:53:01 am by Lucelle »
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [multiple] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.0]
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »

Updated for 0.40
Added [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:] tags where necessary.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.2]
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »

Patch 1.2

[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:A:B] given variation so bigger, heavier weapons are a little more unweildy, and small light weapons such as pugio or tanto are quicker
Added chain coif, heater shield, kite shield, round shield, sari, cleaver, sickle, atgeir, xiphos, falchion, sabaton

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.2]
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 08:32:29 pm »

Patch 1.3

Added gjermundbu, khula khud, bazu, chichak, kimono, zirah baktar, zirah, zirah kula, dastana, shamshir, yatagan, pulwar, kilij

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.3]
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:57:20 pm »

I'm not sure how good mods like this don't get any feedback :| I'd have to say the samurai whose dreams you're helping to fulfill are the strong, silent type :>

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.3]
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »

Phwoar. I might have to use this when my current fortress ends and I can regenerate a world without bidding farewell to my fuzzy little psychos.

How does the black powder work under the hood? Tiny projectiles with absurd SHOOT_FORCE?

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.4]
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:09:04 pm »

Phwoar. I might have to use this when my current fortress ends and I can regenerate a world without bidding farewell to my fuzzy little psychos.

How does the black powder work under the hood? Tiny projectiles with absurd SHOOT_FORCE?
Basically like a crossbow with a lot longer reloading time but much better penetration.

I'm not sure how good mods like this don't get any feedback :| I'd have to say the samurai whose dreams you're helping to fulfill are the strong, silent type :>
Ah, thank you! I started this project up after noticing the very limited amount of weapons and armour in vanilla, despite the game having crazy detailed everything else.

---
patch 1.4
Rebalanced most of the weapons (some of these stats were a little ....inconsistent)
Added kris, barong, punal, kampilan, knobkerrie, kibaranyembe, sallet, kettle helm, macuahuitl, atlatl
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:12:47 pm by Lucelle »

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:27:30 pm »

Hmm. The item tags are neat, but they seem to be organized by nationality? Or time period? In recommended kits?

Should I drag and drop into dwarves/elves etc? Mix and Match? Sprinkle to taste? I'm going to have a bit of a screw around, but clearly you have an excellent and detailed grasp of historical weaponry.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:40 am »

Hmm. The item tags are neat, but they seem to be organized by nationality? Or time period? In recommended kits?

Should I drag and drop into dwarves/elves etc? Mix and Match? Sprinkle to taste? I'm going to have a bit of a screw around, but clearly you have an excellent and detailed grasp of historical weaponry.

Thank you, and yes they are loosely organized by 'theme'. I've got European arms and armour in one category, ancient Persian and Indian weaponry in another, Japanese in another, classical Greek and Roman in another, etc. The organization is intended to make it easier for certain races to adhere to specific cultures if you wish, but feel free to mix and match, use whatever you like and so on.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.5]
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:33:20 am »

patch 1.5
Added gong, qiang, jian, dun, yue, nu, dao, fu, ji, chui, changdao, dingjia, lamellar cuirass, hanfu, beizi, changsham, cheongsam, daopao, shenyi, ruqun, pien fu, tangzhuang, ming helmet, yuan helmet, qing helmet

(I didn't want to name the helms stuff like 'ming helmet', etc. but I absolutely could not find any other names for these things. So, if anyone happens across this and does know proper names for ancient chinese military helmets, I'd be in your debt.)

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 04:26:28 pm »

I've been following this for a few days, really impressive. I'm probably going to use it to add more diversity between the races.

I'm surprised this doesn't have too much attention, it deserves more I think.
Everything's in the news today

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 06:56:55 pm »

I am afraid of this mod :o ... 165 weapons makes me think of all those evil garden plants Toady added in, my mind kinda just melts when I look at really long lists of things :).

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 06:13:59 am »

PTW

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 03:22:55 am »

I'd just like to say thanks for working on this.  I'm leaning more and more towards doing some modding myself, and I might use this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AutoBahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 10:11:53 am »

PTW. Very interested in the progress of this mod.

Will there eventually be races or something to make them stick to certain weapon types so you can have things like Elven samurai versus a bunch of Dwarvern musketeers?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4