Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]  (Read 39171 times)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.5]
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 11:23:17 am »

PTW. Very interested in the progress of this mod.

Will there eventually be races or something to make them stick to certain weapon types so you can have things like Elven samurai versus a bunch of Dwarvern musketeers?

You should be able to add whatever items you want as allowed equipment in entity_standard.txt (or wherever you defined any modded civilizations).

This mod looks pretty cool, and the extreme level of detail is always appreciated. I'll definitely add it in next time I gen a world.

Added in any pre-Classical armament? Ancient Egyptian swords were neat.

Oh, and congratulations...you may have surpassed Nethack for number of polearms modeled. That takes some doing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:25:57 am by escondida »

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

Speaking of which, can I ask you to add bel biv devoe glaives-guisarmes?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »

Having greaves and those greaves/poleyn other thing both in at the same time is very weird. Must say I do like the variation in helmets, though.

I took out the gunpowder weapons and apportioned out historical periods to different races. Goblins are roman/greek (I think that's what that is?) kobolds are indian, dwarves are european, and elves are japanese. Every time I embark I always have to google all the new shiny toys, but after that it's pretty okay.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »

Added in any pre-Classical armament? Ancient Egyptian swords were neat.

I like that idea. I'll probably get to work on more stuff pretty soon.

Speaking of which, can I ask you to add bel biv devoe glaives-guisarmes?

I'll throw one of these in just for you (in a separate section of course for purists)

PTW. Very interested in the progress of this mod.

Will there eventually be races or something to make them stick to certain weapon types so you can have things like Elven samurai versus a bunch of Dwarvern musketeers?

Its more to provider the users with a large variety of weapons they can mix and match with different entities on their own (and I have absolutely no experience making custom races :( )

I'd just like to say thanks for working on this.  I'm leaning more and more towards doing some modding myself, and I might use this.
Thank you very much! I'm just happy people use it.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6]
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 05:16:56 pm »

Patch 1.6
Added bill bec-de-bardiche glaive-guisarme under the new silly weapons category
Added khopesh, taiaha, pouwhenua, tewhatewha, quarterstaff, tao, patu, hoeroa, kotiate, maripi, mere, toki,

Wanted to include more ancient egyptian weapons, but could only find information on generic things like battle-axe, mace, spear, etc. which are already in. Lots of Mauri weapons this update, though.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »

Awesome update! I totally want to equip the guard with quarterstaves now.

Oooh, special request: guandao. I totally want to have my Champion wield the Green Dragon Crescent Blade!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:32 pm »

I really like this mod, as annoying as it is to have every immigrant hunter show up with muskets, not crossbows.

I think some of these weapons might be too heavy for dwarves (due to that heavy weapons bug.)
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 06:46:44 pm »

ptw

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 05:43:25 am »

You know, I was just wondering about combining BPFA with a historic armour mod...  :D

Anyway, you might want to check out the thread for that mod, as well as Joben's Broken Arrow, because a lot of !!SCIENCE!! has gone into ranged weapons now that 0.40 is out.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:41 am »

I really like this mod, as annoying as it is to have every immigrant hunter show up with muskets, not crossbows.

I think some of these weapons might be too heavy for dwarves (due to that heavy weapons bug.)

Did you just drop them into the raws and migrants are showing up with muskets? Does anyone know how muskets compare with crossbows power wise?

::)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

Does anyone know how muskets compare with crossbows power wise?

If Lucelle's using the raws from the last release of BPFA without any modifications, they might actually be considerably inferior. The update for 0.40 is still in testing and hasn't been uploaded to DFFD yet, but there's a link to a release candidate version at the end of the thread.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »

Did you just drop them into the raws and migrants are showing up with muskets? Does anyone know how muskets compare with crossbows power wise?

I just dropped them into my raws folder and added them to my dwarves' native weapon list. Nice to get free steel muskets, but also annoying.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2014, 03:35:27 am »

You know, I was just wondering about combining BPFA with a historic armour mod...  :D

Anyway, you might want to check out the thread for that mod, as well as Joben's Broken Arrow, because a lot of !!SCIENCE!! has gone into ranged weapons now that 0.40 is out.

Absolutely! Would be honored if you wished to use some of my armour in your own work.
Ah, thank you! I'll see what I can do about my muskets real quick, as well as add that Guandao that was requested earlier.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:37:19 am by Lucelle »

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2014, 03:51:43 am »

Here's just a small patch tidying up the firearms and adding in a requested weapon.

1.6a
Added Guandao
Altered musket, pistol and arquebus to be more consistent in their stats, and to be a little stronger

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

The title of this mod made me think of Lucatiel from Dark Souls II.

I wonder how hard it would be to make armor and weapon sets from Dark Souls...I know I would definitely download that mod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4