Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]  (Read 39013 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [40.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 08:35:45 pm »

The title of this mod made me think of Lucatiel from Dark Souls II.

I wonder how hard it would be to make armor and weapon sets from Dark Souls...I know I would definitely download that mod.

I can't imagine it would be anything other than changing the names of pieces (ie. allone cuirass, archdrake robes, armor of aurous), since magical effects on armour can't be done at the moment (as far as I know).
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

panstach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 03:20:38 am »

Isn't there a dfhack script to give armor syndromes?

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 01:30:24 pm »

Haven't been on the forums much. Is that updated? Community Mods List doesn't have it on there yet.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 09:27:41 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is, and has been for atleast a few months. I believe the one I saw is outdated though.

I believe you should be able to do it with item-trigger and add-syndrome. Now, I'm just starting to learn how to use DFHack scripts, but I believe you'd pretty much use item-trigger to launch add-syndrome to add or remove syndromes when items of a specific material are equiped or unequiped. I also believe it should be possible to use them to trigger syndromes on attack targets.

I could actually go ahead and take a look at this as soon as I manage to get my DFHack spells to work. :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

sergeirox2121

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:34 am »

is it okay if I modify weapons in the mod. sorry if I'm necroing the thread

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 03:58:05 am »

is it okay if I modify weapons in the mod. sorry if I'm necroing the thread

My apologies for taking so long to reply, I've been away for quite some time. Of course you can, do with them as you wish as long as you credit my name as the original author.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 12:17:52 pm »

Am I understanding correctly that I need to copy all the tags in "Item Tags.txt" and paste them into the 5 major races in "raw/objects/entity_default.txt"?

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 03:29:10 pm »

Am I understanding correctly that I need to copy all the tags in "Item Tags.txt" and paste them into the 5 major races in "raw/objects/entity_default.txt"?

If I remember correctly (I haven't had time to really play in-depth in years), that is right. You can mix and match all you want, as well.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 12:02:28 pm »

If I remember correctly (I haven't had time to really play in-depth in years), that is right. You can mix and match all you want, as well.

I'm confused, do I need to stick them into section and make sure they're all lined up like the unmodded raws are? ore will they work just being copy-pasted?

Edit: Figured it out on my own. and in the interests of general improvement of this excellent mod I'd like to point out a few things
*Estocs don't have sharpened edges. They're highly specialized swords designed for penetrating armour. Essentially a giant spike in a handle.
*The firearms should have a melee skill defined instead of using the crossbow skill for melee. Makes no sense to become a legendary marksdwarf by bayoneting wolves. I recommend Musket=Spear Pistol=Mace Arquebus=Hammer
*Strongly curved swords are pretty rubbish at stabbing, some like the kilij have broad tips that make for poor penetration and the curvature makes for awkward attack angles when stabbing. Maybe bump the prep time up to 4 to reflect this.
*The back "spike" on a halberd is almost always a hook, perhaps it would be better to call it that than having "top spike" and "back spike" which can be confusing at a glance.
*Broad axes are tools used in making lumber and could perhaps be better put in a tool tag inside Item Tags.txt Unless your refering to the Dane Axe in which case it should be called a Dane Axe.
*Scythes are completely unusable in combat. I'm not going to go into why here because theres a lot to go over. I'm not going to reccomend you remove it because scythes are awesome. I'm just going to have to put some thought into how to make it more realistic. Reccomed you tool tag this one as well
*The blade shape of a sickle would render most of the actual edge area inaccessible in combat. Another Tool
*Swords with a forward curve like the yataghan have a shorter edge length then curved swords like the pulwar this could be implemented by lowering the edge value and raising the penetration value perhaps.
*There are waaay to many things using the pike skill. While I personally think that having seperate skills for pikes and spears was silly, putting stuff like the Bec de Corbin under PIKE is just silly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:33:07 pm by Arthropleura »
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 02:35:44 am »

I'm confused, do I need to stick them into section and make sure they're all lined up like the unmodded raws are? ore will they work just being copy-pasted?

Edit: Figured it out on my own. and in the interests of general improvement of this excellent mod I'd like to point out a few things
*Estocs don't have sharpened edges. They're highly specialized swords designed for penetrating armour. Essentially a giant spike in a handle.
*The firearms should have a melee skill defined instead of using the crossbow skill for melee. Makes no sense to become a legendary marksdwarf by bayoneting wolves. I recommend Musket=Spear Pistol=Mace Arquebus=Hammer
*Strongly curved swords are pretty rubbish at stabbing, some like the kilij have broad tips that make for poor penetration and the curvature makes for awkward attack angles when stabbing. Maybe bump the prep time up to 4 to reflect this.
*The back "spike" on a halberd is almost always a hook, perhaps it would be better to call it that than having "top spike" and "back spike" which can be confusing at a glance.
*Broad axes are tools used in making lumber and could perhaps be better put in a tool tag inside Item Tags.txt Unless your refering to the Dane Axe in which case it should be called a Dane Axe.
*Scythes are completely unusable in combat. I'm not going to go into why here because theres a lot to go over. I'm not going to reccomend you remove it because scythes are awesome. I'm just going to have to put some thought into how to make it more realistic. Reccomed you tool tag this one as well
*The blade shape of a sickle would render most of the actual edge area inaccessible in combat. Another Tool
*Swords with a forward curve like the yataghan have a shorter edge length then curved swords like the pulwar this could be implemented by lowering the edge value and raising the penetration value perhaps.
*There are waaay to many things using the pike skill. While I personally think that having seperate skills for pikes and spears was silly, putting stuff like the Bec de Corbin under PIKE is just silly.

I don't have time to play this game anymore but I'd be very appreciative if you made these edits and submitted them to me. I'd put them into the mod. I put the pike skill on a lot of polearms because it was the closest equivalent, and a bec de corbin is a bit more like a pike than it is like a spear. Its more an engine limitation and there needs to be far more categories for weapons than there are. I know scythes are a farming tool and were not normally used in combat, but I wanted to include it anyway since its a fantasy game and scythes are often used as weapons in fantasy settings. Same thing with the sickle and broad axe. Both tools not used for combat but still often used for fighting in fantasy settings. I wasn't even aware you could tag two different weapon skills on something to give muskets a separate melee skill. As for estocs, there are examples with sharpened edges. I like those most myself. Thank you for your feedback. If this were a year or two ago, I'd jump on updating the mod with your suggestions but I'm not in a good state anymore and I just don't have time to open things up. That and I haven't touched DF in almost two years now and I fear I'd fuck up things if I were to go on an editing spree now. Again, I like your feedback and would incorporate most of it into my mod if you made the edits. I check out this forum somewhat rarely but you can contact me at zerieseven@yahoo.com or most easily from my steam page (the little globe icon under my avatar will take you there. I'm much more friendly than I look).

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 02:38:22 am »

It's a shame the raws are still down, I ended up coding my own epee/rapier for a Kobold overhaul. Still interesting to see old projects though
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 03:32:03 am »

It's a shame the raws are still down, I ended up coding my own epee/rapier for a Kobold overhaul. Still interesting to see old projects though
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7097

Op needs updating to link to the new file server.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 12:01:07 pm »

Oh wow thanks :o
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2017, 07:07:35 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7097

Op needs updating to link to the new file server.

Oh sorry. I had not realized that the original file host had been changed. This has been corrected.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: [44.xx] Lucelle Weapons and Armour [1.6a]
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:21 am »

Hi! I just wanted to make it clear that this mod still works with the current version of Dwarf Fortress (also updated the post tag!) and will continue to do so until Toady changes the way the game reads weapon/armor entries (at which point I will work to update this to work with them).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4