Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Bay12 Lower Boards IRC, #bay12lb  (Read 20520 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Bay12 Lower Boards IRC, #bay12lb
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:58:05 pm »

*NOTE: If you're already a regular, not much will change for you. TL;DR at the bottom for you*

Okie dokie, new topic because the last one was cluttered. Some minor restructuring happened, and I'm going to clarify YON RULES a bit here.

RULE 1: Respect
- Don't be an asshole
- Don't be hypersensitive

Remember that others have nothing to prove to you before they deserve your respect. Self described assholes best steer clear of the channel.

RULE 2: No drama queens

If you've got an issue with someone, take it to a private channel. The other members of the channel DO NOT want to hear your little spats. They are not your audience, and the channel is not a stage for you to prance around on. Nor is anyone here your jury, with which you can appeal to to pass judgment on others.
Similarly, if you've got an issue with the moderation somehow, take it to private chats (with me or another OP). You're not presenting your case to anyone but us, so don't try it.
NOTE: These rules apply to this thread, too.
ALSO NOTE: You're welcome to discuss channel moderation/etc amongst yourselves, but I ask that you do it in this topic, AND that you don't name and shame anyone. If you've got an issue with an individual, again, take it up with them or talk to us privately.

RULE 3: I reserve the right to take action for any reason or no reason.

Standard EULA rhetoric here. Please don't rules lawyer. I'll talk to you but don't try to point out hypocrisy or anything like that as a defense.

RULE 4: Pretty much all the rules concerning behavior in the bay 12 forums is transferred over to this channel, save a few minor things (I don't care about ponies).

RULE 5: This IRC is for members of the lower board.

I don't want to turn this into a clique, but if I'm suspicious you're a ban dodger or something, I'll ask for your name on these forums. If I don't find it, instant kickban. If you're not a standard forumgoer... why are you in this channel? O.o
I don't expect this rule to be enforced much so don't worry about inviting friends or whatever.

GENERAL EXPECTED TONE AND TOPICS:

A smattering of everything you see in the general discussion boards. Pretty much everything from the emotion threads to the political threads (though if you bring up a political topic, I might ask you to move them to the forums, as it serves such debate much better AND doesn't clutter the channel with lengthy discussions).

CURRENT OPS:
Wrex and Skyrunner.

TL;DR:

I'm actually doing some moderation now. Not much, but hey. Don't be a dick and you'll be fine.

Server: irc.darkmyst.org
Channel: #bay12lb

irc://irc.darkmyst.org/bay12lb (for certain clients)

Quick mode:

http://darkmyst.org/?page=webchat

Type in a nickname
Change "#darkmyst" to "#bay12lb"
Click "login"

BAN LIST:

Dei (come back when you've solved enough of your issues to not lash out at people)
Dasleah (making light of mutilation to the victim's face)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:28:07 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Forums User Meat Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • meet whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lower Boards IRC, #bay12lb
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:41:46 am »

That's an awful lot of rules designed to keep Dasleah out.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:18 am »

He occasionally pops in and so far I've seen no reason to get rid of him.

I considered insta banning him since, ya know... he's been banned 7 times from the forums. But I'm naive like that.

* kaijyuu shrugs
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:55:03 am »

I don't believe in stigma, so I don't see that as a problem.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:07 am »

Wrex the woof as a chanop? I approve :3
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:33:52 am »

Weird, I'm getting this now in this thread:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
And it's not showing up in the topic list anymore. Weird.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:35 pm »

Does anyone have any recommendations concerning irc apps for Android?
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »

Does anyone have any recommendations concerning irc apps for Android?

I use Andchat, and it works well.

Only feature it's missing is channel notifications.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:03 am »

Added a banlist. This is not a wall of shame, but rather a wall of what-not-to-do. Please do not use it as ammunition to fire at people if you happen to meet them.

To Dasleah in particular, since I know you make wonderful use of your leisure time: I considered just giving you a warning, but it would be about as effective as a ban in actually doing something, so I realize this is entirely a symbolic gesture. Come back under a different username if you so wish, and pretend to be something other than a waste of bandwith, but I took a page from your book and realized that mocking a victim to their face is not the sort of culture I wish to foster, and decided to actually confront you on it. And if you think I'm only doing this because I happen to be that victim, realize I probably would've kickbanned you much faster were it anyone else.

Add this ban to your list of personal accomplishments. Maybe you can make it multiple, as futile ego stroking efforts seem to be what your type does.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 02:53:13 pm »

Guess I might as well make this known...

At the end of this month, I'm going to be stepping down from owning this channel. Life is getting in the way, and I don't want to deal with the stress of moderation, and the obligation to be online most the day.

If anyone's interested, here are my requirements:
- Must be active in the channel (duh)
- Must be active on the lower boards. No "I was active once upon a time," I mean active right now.
- I have to know you decently well. Not gonna promote someone who's character I'm unsure about.

Talk to me if interested, or if you have suggestions of other people.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:07:50 pm »

Do I get seniority on account of having already owned the channel? :P
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

I doubt it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 04:30:02 pm »

But I have the most extensive IRC resume out of all nonexistent applicants!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »

I nominate G-Flex on the grounds he has some idea what he is doing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 04:51:53 pm »

Doesn't mean it's the right idea :P Zing!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9