Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Bay12 Lower Boards IRC, #bay12lb  (Read 20601 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lower Boards IRC, #bay12lb
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 07:15:55 pm »

I nominate Leafsnail on the basis of demonstrated leadership skill by nominating G-Flex.

and totally don't have the time to do it myself.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 01:45:06 am »

I nominate smeding, second in priority to myself, on the grounds that he's actually run an IRC network before.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:29 am »

Nomination disqualified for not being an active participant in the lower boards :P

Though TBH mr. Smeding has exceeded my expectations during his time here. He listens when I pull him aside, which is good. He also participates in discussions he has actual interest in, and not just stuff he wants to soapbox about. Give him a gold star.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »

Nomination disqualified for not being an active participant in the lower boards :P

Though TBH mr. Smeding has exceeded my expectations during his time here. He listens when I pull him aside, which is good. He also participates in discussions he has actual interest in, and not just stuff he wants to soapbox about. Give him a gold star.

surely you aren't drawing any direct comparisons here
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »

Surely ;)

Not that I really have anything against soapboxing (just check my post history for quite a bit of it), just that this channel tends to be a bit of a circus, and soapboxing doesn't quite fit with the general laid back atmosphere. "Serious mode" discussions are fine but there's an almost audible record scratch when they come up.

So yeah, kudos for fitting in more than expected. As much as that's a complement xD
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

smeding

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 01:32:04 pm »

To be fair, it's hilarious to see some people in the channel scramble around furiously to change the topic when any sort of even casual disagreement is encountered.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, I guess. (Soes this make me a participant in the lower boards now?)
if you need me I'll be on IRC (irc.darkmyst.org, #bay12lb)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:46 pm »

No. :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »

Even though I don't spend much time on there, I think that G-Flex (and I suppose keeping Wrex on as well) would probably be the best choice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:34 pm »

I nominate leafsnail on the grounds that his snark is more powerful than anyone else's.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »

I vote Hans
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

Wrex is always there, and consistently pretty cool. Basically the same reasons he's an op now - I don't really know why anyone else would be tapped for the job if he's available.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

Yeah I support Wrex too.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »

Wrex is always there, and consistently pretty cool. Basically the same reasons he's an op now - I don't really know why anyone else would be tapped for the job if he's available.
Because he seems to hate everyone in the IRC and the topics they always end up discussing.  It feels like I'd be inflicting the job on him by voting that way.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 06:22:18 pm »

Isn't nominating someone going to be inflicting the job on them at all? I mean, this really should be a quest for volunteers.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »

Agreed. I'd volunteer, but I tend to go on power trips, so it's probably a bad idea.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9