Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migrant wave includes friendly... trader? What?  (Read 2860 times)

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Migrant wave includes friendly... trader? What?
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

So, I don't know if this is something to do with the mod I'm using (Masterwork DF) or if this is something hardcoded, but two "friendly" dwarves arrived at my fort in the latest migrant wave: a farmer and a trader. I have no ability to control them, they're just mulling around where they entered my map, and they don't show up as part of my fort when I boot up Dwarf Therapist. So, what's going on here?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:12:55 pm by Justyn »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Migrant wave includes friendly... trader? What?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »

They're glitched and they'll block all future migrants. Send your military to kill them, it's the only way.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »

Or use DFHack fixmigrant to fix them

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »

Or use DFHack fixmigrant to fix them

I don't know how to use DFHack. I have it, but I don't know what to do.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »

Go to your DF folder, go to Hack folder and open the Readme.  It will open up a page with the list of commands as well as syntax of how to use them.

Edit: Typo

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:53:34 pm »

Go to your DF folder, go to Hack folder and open the Readme.  It will open up a page with the list of commands as well as syntax of how to use them.

I'm next to illiterate in regards to this kind of stuff, and I need a bit more than a readme; are there any step-by-step walkthroughs on how to do that?

kuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

I would try typing "tweak fixmigrant" without the quotes into your DFhack window while your game is loaded and the trader migrant is selected. (then press enter to submit the command, in case that is not obvious.)

I don't know whether you ought to select them with V or K. I would imagine you would repeat the process for the other of your two dwarves. I haven't used the command myself, that's just what the DFhack help says.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:26:46 am »

I'm next to illiterate in regards to this kind of stuff, and I need a bit more than a readme; are there any step-by-step walkthroughs on how to do that?

1. Put the DFHack stuff into your folder.
2. Open DF.
3. Type "tweak fixmigrant" into your dfhack window.

Bloodyharbinger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:00 am »

given enough time the bugged migrant will simply walk one space over and allow the rest through. Just wait and you will be fine. If you are really impatient then fix them using dfhack but DO NOT attack them. It will scare them, but if your military kills them, it will count as a violent act and either cause a loyalty spiral OR just result in punishment for that dwarf who did the kill.

Use 'k' highlight the bugged guy, switch to dfhack and run the tweak command

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:01 am »

If you don't want to mess with DF Hack, you can just wait until the friendly trader wanders out of the migrant spawning spot. It takes longer, but it eventually works.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 10:39:27 am »

I've considered setting up cages of wild animal next to them to be levered out if they won't move. Never really works out with ambushers anyway :D

muzzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »

They're glitched and they'll block all future migrants. Send your military to kill them, it's the only way.

You don't need to kill them. Once soldiers with a kill order get close enough, they'll run.

The one time that one of my soldiers actually took a swing at a trader migrant it started a loyalty cascade.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »

"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.