Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Gimbal: MP space shooter with player-built ships (now on Steam!)  (Read 37054 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Go to your email, get your password.  Go to the website, use it, and then make your password something better.  Download directly from your "game wallet".

Multiplayer is fun, and it's an actiony game where you're still able to coordinate actions between multiples players to flank and charge and everything.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Go to your email, get your password.  Go to the website, use it, and then make your password something better.  Download directly from your "game wallet".

I don't appear to have any such email.  I've got my receipt from PayPal for the $10, but no emails from IndieGameStand or anyone else connected.  I'm suddenly growing suspicious.

Yep, I've got an account at IndieGameStand, created when I made the purchase.  No game there, no emails.  Hmmmmmmm.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:09:31 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had no problem, nor did others.  Give it a bit, check spam, etc.  This is certainly a legit site, but all computers will eventually derp.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

I'm starting to think that swinging arms may become practical simply because of the size of the design box.  Turrets can move components further than you can build them, so "deploying" guns may be very viable.  Large ships built of low-tech items are technically more efficient, so I can see monster ships unfolding in preparation for combat.

Difficult to make effective because of how fragile it becomes. It also takes like ten seconds to deploy, which is a problem when players are fighting around the carrier. Turrets and platforms need to be cheaper and more powerful for it to be workable, I think, was planning on a second arm stack but I was better off just throwing more guns on.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The email showed up in my gmail instantly. Check your spam folder?
(There were two emails from IndieGameStand, one titled "Welcome to IndieGameStand!" with the username/password, and the other titled "Gimbal is ready to download! [#something]" with an order ID and transaction ID and such.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:19:42 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah. Hard game is hard.

Its an awful chore to make money against people with completely better ships than you have.  :o

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if you can rank up by just idling or not. I was in the ship builder I think I ranked up at the end of a match, but I had managed to kill some people earlier.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You get money per kill and per win both match and whole game wins.  So yes, just idling will eventually earn you cash.

for noob play, I had some luck with flak overload.  Just shotgun the whole area, go for speed and suicide, run in close and flak over the whole enemy.  Or mount some 50mm on a turret and get mouse aim.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

50mm does seem remarkably effective.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Ah heck, this looks fun.  I'm going to get it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile

Taz, when I got to that screen I already had the key copied to my clipboard, and it had it filled out with it with no keypresses required.
Did you have the key in your clipboard when you got to that screen? If not it might be worth a try.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another game I cannot buy because it doesn't take my money :P

and with a Pay what you want in it too. Ohh well.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It had like three different ways of taking your money (and google wallet has multiple ways itself IIRC)... Do you need to throw cash at your monitor for it to be acceptable, or what's the problem?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It had like three different ways of taking your money... Do you need to throw cash at your monitor for it to be acceptable, or what's the problem?

I only have Debit/credit as my way of giving money.

Not Google... not Paypal... Not fantasyfootball

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bought it at full price.  Now devs can be happy at me, though I'll have some 'splainin as to why something is charged from "888888888 labs" on the bill
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20