Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 317012 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #1095 on: November 28, 2015, 11:23:58 am »

The Old One's Reign

"I AM REBORN! From the belly of the universe I come again to fight against ignorance and what would have us chained and stripped of any notion of freedom. NO! That ends from this day on."

I look at the arrogant wretch spread bellow me. TheFlame52, Flame of Necrothreat they call him. I call him fool. A fool that would replace on enemy with the next. We, on the brink of annihilation, thanks to this man and all before him. I came to the decision that without my hand in guidance directly this fort would prosper, but I see those were just idle fantasies.

The determined eyes of the man called the Flame gaze into mine. Contact does not break, fury seeps through me. The forumites behind him begin to cower but he does not break his sight. I open my mouth and a booming voice comes out

"Your job is done here, leader of the destroyers."

He closes his eyes and turns away, not a word from him. In the other rooms banshees and other fiendish beings can be heard screeching against the sudden voice that drowned the fort.

Obsidian 21st, 132

First thing's first. What is with the layout of this place? Get rid of all the stockpiles, except the ones in the workshops and create a centralized stockpile place. Yes! Start hauling you louts! And why am I sleeping with you in bed? Not enough wood for beds you say? Eh, I suppose that's a good reason. Also what's with the gaping hole in the middle of the top stockpile room? Patch it up right away. No idleness in my fortress. Come on, get to it, IronTomato! Your family ain't gonna move itself.

I have brought back Highmax28 as the gamer captain in a squad of crossbowmen. Knowledge fills in his eyes and he nods to me knowingly. He went immediately to target practice to test out his newly acquired skills.

An immediate order of making wheelbarrows for all the hauling has been issued. Seeds have begin being put down for the next time we need food

Obsidian 26th, 132

The scream of children! Who brought them here?! I'll have his head for dooming them to this infernal hell.

28th of Obsidian

It would seem that the Flame of Necrothreat does have some skill. He seems eager to follow my orders quickly. It's the least he can do for this hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1st of Granite

Spring has arrived. I have returned NAV among our ranks. He is now in Highmax28's squad as a fellow crossbowman. It is just like his old self, drinking and shooting. We smile at each other and promise future success. I have told them not to tell the truth to the others, to avoid panic spreading at my powers.

I might not have mentioned it, but I am in Highmax28's squad of crossbowmen. I do not want to send unwitting victim to their deaths so soon after coming. I have exempted Flame III from hauling duty as he has more important things to do in my name.

4th of Granite

I faced the leaders of the Elves in the cages from which they were trapped. They dared me. They called me things. Apparently in their lore I am a big monster and they taunted me with it, without knowing who I am. They do now.  Their leader is dead. I released one and sent him to the others. I do not know if he survived. One thing I know is that

The siege is broken.

Our multitude of undead enemies are still at our gates though.

Bed time has been rationed. We no longer sleep together. Maybe in the same bed, but not at the same time.

6th of Granite

It has happened again. Flame III has created another masterpiece in my grand plan. Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought.

11th of Granite

I stood before the avatar of death. He looked at me and cackled.

I waved my hand, and lo, he was gone. The Necrothreader and a large chunk of his forces are gone. Only a small remnant sit. The fiends from the underground still roam parts of the fortress. If only it wasn't for that meddling flame. A trade Depot has been issued to be built.

On the other hand he did it again.

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2015, 11:38:25 am »

I blame whoever dug all those tunnels in the northeast hill.

A project for you: Dig out and collapse the whole northeast hill. If you don't do it I will.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 28, 2015, 11:43:21 am »

I blame whoever dug all those tunnels in the northeast hill.

A project for you: Dig out and collapse the whole northeast hill. If you don't do it I will.

Yeah, what's with that part of the fort being closed off and all? All the elves there seem to be caged, what's so dangerous there?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 28, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »

It's a fucking maze is what. It looks like it was made by a drunken madman. There are dozens of ways an enemy could get in, which is what happened during my turn.

I reread Headshoots and their non-euclidean tunnels reminded me of this fort.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 28, 2015, 12:16:33 pm »

Hi there ! May I be forumited ?
If possible, I would like my custom profession to be "Scientist".

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 28, 2015, 01:04:42 pm »

The Old One's Reign

13th of Granite

It would seem the elves either did heed my warning, or  they are planning something. An elven caravan has come upon us in peace! However we are trapped and the bridge will not budge as well as the trade depot is not ready. I must rectify this immediately.

15th of Granite

Oh, the horror! I found NAV's skeleton. I don't think he would like to see this.

22nd of Granite

The Trade Depot is ready. The bridge is functional. The Traders are coming. You can hear the wails of the denizens of the underworld at night, but we must press on. We need more people.

I have brought Sprin back, as much as I regret it already, he is the only one with any knowledge of the arts of healing. We need him. To lessen the extent of his destruction, he is now a woman.

Nakéen the admin who brought order while Flame was busy telling people what to do has introduced himself to me. He seems like an okay fellow. Although he dubiously calls himself a scientist, I wonder if he does have such skills.

23rd of Granite

A new challenger approaches. A megabeast of ghastly origins has been spotted. However I believe it to be stuck in the caverns. Let us hope I am correct.

24th of Granite

ALERT, ALERT. AN UNDEAD MARKSFORUMITE HAS ESCAPED ITS CAGED WHEN IT WAS TRIED TO BE MOVED TO THE TRADING DEPOT. I REPEAT...
Send in the full military! Even one can wreck us! Quarantine the Stockpile room! Level Red! A forumite just died!

"Sir!"

"YES, WHAT IS IT?"

"A baby has been found dead, sir."

"Oh for the love of... LOCKDOWN!"

NOW I SHALL.... aargh...

Journal of Nakéen

25th of Granite

Apiks, Nav, Highmax28 and almost all of our military died. I heard of it too late. When I came they were already dead. I beat it into mince pieces. They're dead. They're dead because I was late.

We are now down to 16 forumites. When Nakéen came with an amadantine battle axe, he wrecked it into pieces, albeit too late. Sorry to the ones that got forumited and died right off, heh.

Some scientist you are, Nakéen.

I have no idea how it escaped. I tried moving it from the stockpile to the trading depot and it just started its murdering spree with an ak-47.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 28, 2015, 01:14:49 pm »

Some scientist you are, Nakéen.

I call this live testing ;)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 28, 2015, 01:18:42 pm »

SHIT

Atom-smash the remaining cages. It's the only way to be sure.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 28, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »

I have no idea how it escaped. I tried moving it from the stockpile to the trading depot and it just started its murdering spree with an ak-47.
Re-reading your report I noticed this.

Did you mean that you tried to trade it ? Dwarves will release hostile creatures from cage before moving the cage to the depot, so that may have been the problem.

Apart from this, I can only think of a really stealthy gremlin or something.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 28, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »

Re-reading your report I noticed this.

Did you mean that you tried to trade it ? Dwarves will release hostile creatures from cage before moving the cage to the depot, so that may have been the problem.

Apart from this, I can only think of a really stealthy gremlin or something.

Yeah, I thought about trading our worries away. Apparently that was the wrong decision.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 28, 2015, 04:18:05 pm »

Don't you dare make fun of me after this.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1106 on: November 28, 2015, 06:06:51 pm »

pls dont un-exist the elves. i want to use them.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 28, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »

That settles it.

ATOM SMASH THEM
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:19 am »

Akps... Did you really try selling cage zombies? Even Im not incompetent enough to make that mistake.

Speaking of me, am I alive again?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1109 on: November 29, 2015, 06:43:37 am »

That settles it.

ATOM SMASH THEM

leave the females pls?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 116