Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 320641 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #1110 on: November 29, 2015, 08:30:26 am »

Akps... Did you really try selling cage zombies? Even Im not incompetent enough to make that mistake.

Speaking of me, am I alive again?

Yeah, you were busy hauling things when this happened and I issued a lockdown burrow to keep anyone out of the military outside of the stockpiles room (which is now at the gate area for those who have played). All of the stockpiles, except the stone and wood stockpiles in the workshop area, have been removed and new ones created in a centralized place.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 29, 2015, 11:48:50 am »

Akps... Did you really try selling cage zombies? Even Im not incompetent enough to make that mistake.

Speaking of me, am I alive again?

Yeah, you were busy hauling things when this happened and I issued a lockdown burrow to keep anyone out of the military outside of the stockpiles room (which is now at the gate area for those who have played). All of the stockpiles, except the stone and wood stockpiles in the workshop area, have been removed and new ones created in a centralized place.
I know its been a long time since I played, but I guarantee I won't even recognize the fort I started and established pretty early on
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 29, 2015, 09:04:50 pm »

The Old One's Reign

27th of Slate, 133

"I HAVE RETURNED FROM DEATH ITSEFL! I HAVE BROUGHT FRIENDS TOO! Tell me! What has happened since I was gone? Eh, most of us died? What are you laughing at, Sprin? It'll be fine. It's a mistake that won't be repeated. Now don't look at me like that, Flamie. Just stick and live. Also, Nakéen, good job. I heard what you did. Amazing skill."

From 15 people, form which almost a third is children, we now up to 25.

2nd of Felsite, 133

"What is it, Nakie? Wait, what? Sprin gave birth to a girl? He did the delivery himself? He seems enamored in the child? He's calling her Jenny? I guess he finally lost it. A good idea to bring her back though."

4th of Felsite, 133

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's somewhere in the caverns with a load of Crundles. Here's hoping it dies.

A few hours later.

"What? Another one? Stop pestering me with such small details. We're isolated from everything."

An hour later.

"I apologize Nakéen, but we need you to fill other jobs. Let me do this admin thing for you, okay? There's always work for you to do! Like saving Necrothreat, eh? Eh? A few of the folks I brought along are peasants by the way. Draft them into the crossbow military, would ya? Just be the Gamer Commander you've always wanted to be!"

IronTomato has also been stripped of his bean counting abilities and replaced with a proficient person. I am sad to announce that nobody could replace Sprin.

7th of Felsite

"Lemme guess. Another one? Yeah, thought so."

The military has been revived. Flame is killing it with the masterwork beds and bins. The fool that left for the mountains has disappeared. This is why we don't go out alone, children.

Things are looking better. Everybody that leaves the fortress and goes to the north mountain from the outside of the fortress never returns. No reports, nothing. I chaotically use burrows when the gate is open, but some don't listen. We've lost a few good men and children thanks to this. It's like a horror story lives up there.

I'm taking new forumiting again for those that want. This time we have a bit more of a choice I think. Also, the forgotten beasts are fighting each other.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:51:34 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 29, 2015, 10:30:28 pm »

--------------
Journal of Nakéen

24th of Granite

What is it this time ? An emergency order ? Can't you see I'm busy experimenting ? It seems a "test subject" is on the loose, I see. Bah, according to my calculations, the rest of the military should be more than enough a match to it.

It seems I misjudged the lethality of the "test subject" : it took care of most of our military.

Interesting, yet saddening. This may be a one of a kind situation, if one of them took care of so many, then it means the undead properties recorded by my predecessors may be wrong. Alright, I need to gather some valuable data on the properties of the undead flesh to compare them to the theories.
Let's not be hasty and carefully choose a suitable measurement tool.

This well-done *adamantine battle axe* should do the thing, let's go then.

25th of Granite

So this is the "test subject". What a carnage is surrounding the undead forumite, I think I should re-evaluate the safety precautions of this experiment.

Ah, it took notice of me. Let's engage it then.

Undead flesh is still vulnerable to adamantine, what a relief. Though I didn't manage to...

Ah ! Please do not interrupt me while I am noting some results ! Take another axe swing you ruffian !

So as I was saying, I didn't manage to sever one its limbs, yet. It proves undead materials are stronger than expected, huh.
Ah ! Like I said, stop interrupting me ! So where were we... ah, the axe is lodged into its hand.

Give this back to me please. Good. Let's resume the experiment.

Tsk, its flesh is harder than I thought. I tried to take a bite of its leg, but it was far harder than I thought. Nearly broke an incisive.
The taste is unchanged though, what a relief. I take note.

Note : subject flesh is effectively more resistant than before undeath, taste remains unchanged.

Let's go on to the next phase of the exp... Ouch ! That actually hurt more than I calculated. I hate strength measurement tests.
Note : physical strength of the subject has clearly increased.

Now for the last phase of the experiment. Let's see how many hits left before it stops moving and how the subject behave without some limbs...

Ah, *pant* that was a really -phew- interesting experiment. Wait. Where is apiks ?

"He went down during the outbreak", said a random forumite I didn't even look at.

Damn. Look like science will have to wait a little.

27th of Slate

Apiks took his time to reincarnate. I had to run the fortress for a whole month ! One. Whole Month.
One whole month during which I was too busy to experiment ! Thankfully he is back, and I can finally go back to science.
He even brought some forumites with him.

4th of Felsite

Apiks was kind enough to assign some of the newcomers to me. I can't wait to collect more data with them !

Also Sprin gave birth recently, the event caught my attention. He named the newborn girl Jenny and seem strangely interested in it.
What an interesting fellow, I heard he call himself a mad doctor. This statement isn't untrue, Sprin seems to show a sufficient lack of ethics to be qualified mad. If he really is a mad doctor, then I hope this girl is not part of his experiments.

--------------
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:13:17 am by Nakéen »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 30, 2015, 08:52:46 am »

Migrants and FBs... Huzzah...

I don't know if it was obvious, but I want reforumiting

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 30, 2015, 11:18:09 am »

"What is it, Nakie? Wait, what? Sprin gave birth to a girl? He did the delivery himself? He seems enamored in the child? He's calling her Jenny? I guess he finally lost it. A good idea to bring her back though."

I will hug her and kiss her and name her Jenny, and in 16 years I'll merry her in Gorgia.

I'll file this success in bio engineering under "Gone off the deep end"
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 30, 2015, 11:22:26 am »

I will hug her and kiss her and name her Jenny, and in 16 years I'll merry her in Gorgia.

I'll file this success in bio engineering under "Gone off the deep end"

Will definitely be weird when I do bring back the real Jenny.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 30, 2015, 02:29:13 pm »

I firsted the Hall of Legends thingumy. The month has been up for a while, so any stickler to the law can't get at us :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 30, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

The Old One's Reign

We are now up to 44 forumites. The military is very healthy. A siege is upon us yet again however it does not matter as they are murdering each other and are almost done.

Largely this year was uneventful, as is customary during my turns. Everything has been centralized and order has been established. Traders have come and gone. The demons are breeding.

Alright. I'm done. Fort's looking much better now.

A few tips for the next person. Fully equip the military. Right now two leggings are the most important. Get the metal production back up. Do not open up any walls without being 100% sure that you can take on what's inside. Keep training the military. Don't open the gate without a good reason. Migrants and traders are good reasons. When you open it, assign everybody to the Burrow "Home" so they don't go up the mountain and go missing, as often happens. Making the dining room bigger would also be a nice idea. Watch the drinks. Good luck.

Savegame
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 30, 2015, 05:11:50 pm »

At least you didn't pull an apiks on us. You suck at holding your namesake :P

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 30, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

At least you didn't pull an apiks on us. You suck at holding your namesake :P

Don't remind me, please. I had updates lined up all the way to Sandstone when I lost all the progress.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 01, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

So have we spontaniouslly combusted yet?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1122 on: December 01, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »

im starting 2morrow
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 01, 2015, 04:07:46 pm »

Good luck ;)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1124 on: December 01, 2015, 05:09:50 pm »

Good luck ;)
certainly, I will succeed in my tasks. (er.... of saving the fortress again that is....)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 116