Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 319276 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2015, 10:20:45 am »

Dang I forgot maybe clowns could be viruses or banner ads
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:21 pm »

18th of Malichite, 125 - Doge Gets Naked and the Well
We had some problems with the creation of the well, but its up now. We had some Naked Mole Dogs show up. Our Doges seem to be dealing with them though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, we got some migrants! Huzzah! Two farmers, a weaver, a ranger, a fishery worker, a milker, a woodcrafter, a tanner, and a cheese maker! Apiks seems to be looking out for someone. Maybe he's the reason some of these people have gotten word of us so quickly? I'll have to give a toast to him later tonight. He seems more and more agitated as we work, especially now that we got more free time. At this point, during the gathering at the well, I realized. We have a LOT of dogs...

Also, those naked mole dogs seem to be forming... I don't think they're happy that our doge killed one of their own...

In other, better, news, we're getting the bedrooms all carved out as well as the stockpiles. No more going out in that blasted cold, its the warm belly of the earth for us!

END OF SUMMER
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2015, 11:53:09 pm »

10th of Limestone, 125 - Caravan, Cloth, and Moving Indoors
Good news, a caravan from the mountainhomes have arrived. Bad news, we are completley unprepared for them and don't have many goods to trade yet. I told some people to rush things to the depot, but as soon as the merchants began unpacking, the trade depot caught fire. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but the depot is on fire. We'll just leave that be for awhile...

In other news, we got a cloth industry going on and we're getting some stuff moved inside as we build some bridges as a gateway. Apiks seems to grow more agitated, and I don't blame him. That burning depot is something we need to look into right away.

***(Seriously apiks, look into that. I see a pool of liquid fire. That's not supposed to be there. Why is there a pool of liquid fire in my trade depot?)***

EDIT:
The outpost Liason and I talked after the depot caught fire. I told them to bring all the wood they can carry, some doges, plump helmets and wolverine leather (you never know when you'll need leather). In turn, they asked us for warhammers, anvils, windows, backpacks, and thread. I'm certain pig tail thread can be supplied, especially at a 187% mark-up. Also, the merchant's wagons are missing... And their horses... And the merchants themselves. I locked the upstairs door until the fire goes away. Then we'll survey the wreckage. Unfortunatley, I don't know where NAV is and I hope he's not outside making booze...

20th of Limestone, 125 - Wreckage and Angry Merchants
Apiks came with me as we opened the door. NAV came inside with booze in his hand as smoke started to clear out. The fire was over, but there was several merchants unaccounted for and a lot of stuff left on the ground with a very crispy trade depot as well as well as a note saying that the merchants left. More animals died in that fire, but thankfully, no fourmites did (although the merchants don't seem to be so lucky). We tore down the burnt depot and began the final set of moving things inside. This isn't going to be a good sign for the mountainhome... Apiks then turned to me and told me he needs to talk to me at a later time, and he needs to talk with everyone present. When I asked what it was, he rushed off! I hope that he didn't catch something nasty during the cart ride here... Elves are known to give insanity and cats...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:15:26 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2015, 01:34:49 am »

Hey, don't ask me! At this point I'm not surprised by anything that happens. It wouldn't that much of a stretch for a flask of alchemical fire to have broken, lol.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2015, 01:37:18 am »

Hey, don't ask me! At this point I'm not surprised by anything that happens. It wouldn't that much of a stretch for a flask of alchemical fire to have broken, lol.
It's totally your fault for the flaming depot.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2015, 07:20:31 am »

It was an assassination attempt by Sprin!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:50 am »

Maybe the sun was so strong that the reflected light from the assumed ice managed to set fire to something easily flammable?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:13 am »

Maybe the sun was so strong that the reflected light from the assumed ice managed to set fire to something easily flammable?
I don't think wagons burn that easily

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2015, 11:04:45 am »

Hey! You didn't think that a wagon could catch fire from nothing but it did.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:46 am »

Hey! You didn't think that a wagon could catch fire from nothing but it did.
We'll make note of this for later. For now, we're gonna have to cut trees in the caverns to get resources. You get the modders to look at the trade depot catching fire

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:38 am »

By that you mean "We have absolutely no flippin' idea why the trade depot randomly caught on fire since it shouldn't even have anything to do with the mod since the only thing it changes that relates to fire is necrothreaders and their ilk."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »

I remember a thread where a guy was running one of his own mods, and the same thing happened. The depot exploded. I believe the cause was a leather that had its boiling point too low and exploded as soon as the wagon unloaded. Check to see if boiling/melting temps aren't screwed up in some way.

Also, may I take a dorf forumite? Big D, hammerforumite, male. Preferably bone plate over steel chain.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:24 pm »

I remember a thread where a guy was running one of his own mods, and the same thing happened. The depot exploded. I believe the cause was a leather that had its boiling point too low and exploded as soon as the wagon unloaded. Check to see if boiling/melting temps aren't screwed up in some way.

Also, may I take a dorf forumite? Big D, hammerforumite, male. Preferably bone plate over steel chain.
There is a hammerfourmite that came in during the first wave of Migrants. I'll post his status as well as the others once I find a suitable image hosting site. So far, I think Imigur seems to be my best bet as my photobucket is maxed out

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:26 pm »

Photobucket is terrible anyway.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »

Photobucket is terrible anyway.
It was the only one I saw at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 116