Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 320681 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2015, 07:22:18 pm »

Ha! Next time I get on a computer I'm sigtexting those memes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2015, 08:10:56 pm »

Oh, by the way grand threadromacer, here's an image for you to use with future threads. I found it randomly in an ancient thread.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes upon *sheds manly tear*.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2015, 10:42:28 pm »

What thread? It looks familiar.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2015, 10:53:20 pm »

this one. I found it through Avis's sigtext by accident.

Running a search for it, I also found it in a post in the "Complete Deinonychus skeleton found" thread, also posted by I2amroy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:29:03 am by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2015, 08:22:22 am »

Oh, btw, forummite me and put me at the end of the queue.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2015, 08:24:56 am »

I've put you the end of the queue for the list.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2015, 12:00:01 am »

Apiks, you're up after me, right? Looks like you're going to have a handful with the fourmites that are named.

Expect the next update to be the last, winter is going to consist of GTFO of the caverns and training
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »

I thought I was next?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2015, 12:46:34 pm »

I thought I was next?

Nope. You're right after Archereon.

Apiks, you're up after me, right? Looks like you're going to have a handful with the fourmites that are named.

Expect the next update to be the last, winter is going to consist of GTFO of the caverns and training

No. After you Pisskop begins his turn. Lore or no, this is a succession fortress and it will function as one.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2015, 08:58:28 am »

*Comes back with third degree burns*

I forgot am I on the list?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:26 am »

*Comes back with third degree burns*

I forgot am I on the list?

Nope. You must've not made a request to be. I'll add you though. Who better to end our existence than the mad doctor?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »

A mushroom named delorus
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2015, 03:37:04 am »

9th of Moonstone, 125 - Winter Soldiers
I had decided that several people will start to make up our militia force and created a specialized training regime that I learned back home. It involves two soldiers always on duty so they will practice against one another and better each other through rivalry. Since Big D, Fabulous Death Bringer (from now on, I'm just going to call him Bringer) and Highmax himself are the only ones with military experience, we need new recruits to take over. Hell, I'm tempted to go join myself. I have created six pairs that will be our first group of warriors. We have Highmax and Big D as our first and our head group who will be one of two group who will not stop training. The second group is lead by Bringer. The rest of the choices I asked Apiks who he recognized from the old world that were well reknown as heroes besides Highmax. He told me Rhun was one that was a decent hammer and axe user, but his true calling was his leadership skills that saved the fortress during its worst times. I also decided apiks will be my advisor of sorts now, though I think in this case, seer or prophet is a better term. He also aided me in deciding the next eight who will be on shift duty. They will spend three months on training and on duty and three months off. There will be two groups for each, so there will always be four groups ready to fight. The only problem we have right now is weapons; we don't have many. We got some from the burned caravan, and an obsidian sword for Highmax, but our resources are so limited, so we have to be careful. I had some more swords made and some ban hammers, but that is about all we can have in terms of weapons. Otherwise, everyone keeps complaining about a stockpile problem, but I don't know what it is.

12th of Moonstone, 125 - Vengeance from Beyond the Grave
Well, we discovered that those merchants didn't disappear, but they did indeed die in the flames. How do we know this? One of them had their ghost appear and begin haunting our people. I'm having some slabs engraved in their honor, but I hope these ghosts don't turn violent. And this is one of many that may show up...

21st of Moonstone, 125 - A Dilemma
Well, we have good news and bad news. The good news is, we found Magma. The bad news is, its surrounded by a cavern that seems to be infested with Crundles. My stress levels are starting to get overwhelming with this whole leadership thing. I may have one of the others become overseer so I don't have the stresses of being expedition leader and deciding the fate of the fortress and my training all at once. Also, apiks has given me the finalized list for his recommendations for the army, though he admits to me that many here are unfamiliar faces or are reknown for something else. NAV was the only other one he highly recommended, but NAV is our booze maker. He was apparently a well known archer in his time, and one who was very bold. Otherwise, our military is the following:

The Elite Squad - Highmax(Cmdr) and Big D
The Bringers of Death - Bringer (Cpt) and Rhun
Psychotic Saviors - PsychoAngel(Cpt) and Arx
The Masked Madmen - 4Maskwolf(Cpt) and Sprin
The Fighters - Toady One(Cpt) and Lord Lemonpie
Booze Brawlers - NAV(Cpt) and Pisskop

I think I regret letting the captains name their own squads... Anyway, I have officially enlisted into the army, though Apiks is against it in all aspects. I have decided that if I am going to die, then I'll do what I can to prevent it. This means that if I have to learn to use a sword, I will learn. I'll learn to protect myself, so that I won't die. And I won't get killed in a mining accident this way either.

6th of Opal, 125 - Laid to Rest
We engraved some memorials finally and laid them down in memory of the caravans. We even had some memorials engraved for the wagons and their animals ((OOC: Why can I engrave memorials for wagons?)). We also sealed up the caverns. We have enough wood for beds and some extra bins and barrels. We should be fine for now in silk as well, as IronTomato has worked tirelessly to get us plenty of cloth. I asked him to make some shirts and trousers for us, but he hasn't gotten around to it yet. The miners (Armok, its weird to not say "we" anymore) have begun digging out a special forge room now that we have access to magma. I doubt it will be finished by the time the year is over, but I'm certain that we will have it designed and carved out before. In Obsidian, I'm going to run by the others for a vote for overseer, as my duties are starting to become overwhelming. Apiks has also seemed to have taken interest in Orange who claims to be a wizard. He also takes Highmax with him when he talks to Orange, though I do not know why. Apiks' behaviour has become... Erratic recently. He seems to be talking about "setting things right". I don't think I desire to know what he's planning on, though I do trust his judgement.

23rd of Opal, 125 - Rhun's Fey Mood
Rhun seemed to suddenly stop training one day and walk off towards the mason's workshop and kicked off Talveno. He then started screaming for tanned hide and then for rocks. After a strange bashing of items, he created a table that he called "ImmortalitySave". Its literally a regular looking table with donkey leather circling it. On another note, I'm trapped after I got convinced in helping making the forges. Also, they can't seem to build any of the smelters. Maybe they need magma before being placed? I hope someone moves that floodgate before we're stuck in here and die...

17th of Obsidian, 125 - Good News and Freedom
I was stuck in that hole until the 9th of Obsidian, but I made it out. The Wizard seemed to have saved us from a death of thirst. However, we have discovered that Crundles are somehow getting inside the fortress, but we don't know how, and we don't know where. On a brighter note, the forges are complete and only need fueling now. As we speak, its filling up with magma and the smelters and forges will be finished. We have one smelter finished so far, but the rest are in the designing process. Slowly but surely, the magma is powering the smelter, as the forge starts to slowly flicker with power. In other news, its only a matter of time before the voting begins.

1st of Felsite, 126 - Smelters, Spring and Under New Management
Well, its been a long run. The smelters are now fully operational, with the Wizard and The Flame volenteering to run the smelters until we find professionals. In the meantime, production is high, and morale is up. Spring is finally in the air, though the snowstorms tell us otherwise. The voting has already begun by the time I'm writing this. I'm going to leave this book for all to read it, and this will be passed down to all overseers to write their own adventures as overseer and write the events that occur. So far, from what I've counted so far, we may have Pisskop as our new overseer, but there is still more to it then that. I hope apiks will assist whoever takes over my position and share his wisdom and knowledge with them. For now, it is time for me to train.

Our fortunes rise and fall together, future overseers,

Toady One

((Save will come in an edit, its currently uploading))

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wv1yv56c1ur41na/Necrothreat_III_Save.zip
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:57:20 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2015, 04:07:13 am »

stuff!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 116