Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 317010 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #915 on: October 23, 2015, 05:33:28 am »

All Necrothreats are in the hall apart from this one.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #916 on: October 23, 2015, 11:57:28 am »

All Necrothreats are in the hall apart from this one.

yeah. im gonna suggest it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 23, 2015, 02:50:55 pm »

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 23, 2015, 04:18:13 pm »

Update damnit!
Sorry...

Will work on it now.
*coughs*
If I wasn't working on it, I'd have already dropped the project by now.  I'm also very busy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 23, 2015, 09:21:24 pm »

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 1 Sandstone

There is no signs of any newcomers on the horizon, and the caravan gave noncommittal responses when questioned on the matter.  I do hope some new members join us, there’s a  lot of work here and we can’t do this alone.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 3 Sandstone

Trading was finished today, with Gwolfski returning to work getting the fortress back in order.  Apparently we purchased all of the anvils they were offering in exchange for a variety of trinkets that happened to be lying near the depot when the merchants initially arrived.  Not entirely sure why we need the anvils, but I suppose there’s no such thing as enough anvils.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 5 Sanstone

Pisskop found a magma crab crawling about the surface yesterday, and today one of the war dogs sniffed it out and killed it.  Apparently nobody has sealed the surface shaft to the smithing levels yet, which gave the magma crabs a way out.  Now I’ll need to run a sweep of the lower levels before any forging operations initiate, not that anything forge-related was going to happen anytime soon anyways.  At least there is one more thing I can do for the fortress.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 8 Sandstone

So there’s another ghost in the fortress, other than Sprin’s.  Apparently we never buried one of the masons, because he is getting uppity and smashing things.  Better put that ghost to rest before things happen that would be better left unsaid.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 19 Sandstone

With the vast improvement in our stockpiles of beer, I have ended booze production for the time being.  I have also instructed every dwarf except Gwolfski to take up every hauling labor: while it may be demeaning, there is still much to be done, and we need all the hands we can get.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 8 Timber

Today, the ghosts were finally put to rest.  Between all of the other jobs we’ve had to do, that one simply fell to the wayside until IronTomato decided he’d had enough and put the slabs up in a quick break between hauling jobs.  There’s still so much to do and not enough dwarves to do it, but we must have patience to enter into our glorious new future.

Speaking of our future, I have seen no sign of any migrants approaching, and I fear that none will come this season.

Collator’s Note: Unfortunately, there is no way to prove or disprove this claim about migrants, as all migration records from this time were lost during the fall of the mountain home during the Necromancer Wars of the 200’s.  Nevertheless, based on what records we do have of Necrothreat itself, it should not surprise any scholar of Necrothreat history that migrants decided to stay well away from the fortress during this time.

A fairly boring update, all in all.  Besides having the pants startled off me when I saw three magma crabs crawling out of the to-be-sealed staircase, nothing really happened.  I keep messing with job permissions to ensure the completion of jobs that need most done, but I think right now it's just the long slog until things are cleared up enough to begin actual fortress operations once more.  And preferably about thirty more dwarves, but let's not be greedy.

Interesting, it gave me the bland no migrants message instead of the "too scared" message, so I'll have to guess we simply haven't generated enough wealth to convince people to come?  Not surprising, there's been incredibly little wealth generation during my turn due to, you know, cleaning up operations.

Edit:
Spoiler: Next time! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:28:30 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 23, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 18 Timber

I’ve put some construction orders in place to deal with a few more security breaches I found, or rather, created, during some surface-level expansion projects.  One bridge and one wall, which will hopefully be completed at some point, but everyone is busy doing their own things right now.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 2 Moonstone

An army of thread zombies led by necrothreaders arrived at the worst possible time.  We have by no means plugged the holes in the external defenses to allow us to seal off the whole fortress in case of an emergency, and tough decisions must be made.  I have elected to seal off all external sources of attack and wall off entrances to the fort proper, but this will mean we lose most of the outer fortress on the surface level and that bizarre trap hallways setup that has been partially dismantled.  Unfortunately, this is how it must go, because otherwise the whole fortress is forfeit to our enemies.  This move feels cowardly, but in order to arm ourselves for war once more I would need to find where our armor and weapon storages are.  If I can do so, we shall go to war one last time.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 7 Moonstone

Under the command of Toady One, three of the four elite soldiers of Necrothreat are preparing to take the fight to the enemy.  It is myself and NAV supporting Toady One, with Pisskop, the least skilled of the elites, taking reserve duty to guard the civilians in case we fall.  Hopefully, once we sally forth, the wall will be built behind us so that if we fall, the fortress may live on.

Collator’s Note: The log cuts off here, so we can only assume that 4maskwolf was not successful in his attempt to sally forth from the fortress.  We can only assume that upon his death, another took his place in the fight for survival.

So, should I call it good there, or continue on in a different style for the remainder of my turn?  I'm game for either, honestly.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 23, 2015, 10:51:31 pm »

I swear to god, if we lead toady one to his death, we're all screwed
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 23, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »

I swear to god, if we lead toady one to his death, we're all screwed
All three deployed soldiers perished in battle, although Toady One held out the longest.  It might have behooved me to read up on my foes and learn that Necrothreaders could spit fire before I pulled that stunt, because then I wouldn't have done it, but ah well...

The former depot area, the surface-level barracks, the chicken coop, and the archer room got torched as part of that battle.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:57:28 pm by 4maskwolf »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 23, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »

Well I'm enjoying your writing a lot so I vote you keep going. Sucks that we lost Toady though.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 23, 2015, 11:40:16 pm »

Game Over: we didn't save Private Ryan Toady One
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2015, 01:56:19 am »

Game Over: we didn't save Private Ryan Toady One

Edit: I must say, it's highly inauspicious to be the one to kill Toady.  I guess I get seven years bad luck.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:59:39 am by 4maskwolf »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2015, 09:39:11 am »

We go by turn timers here, not by character lifes. If the overseer wants to hand down command after his character death, he may do so. However he can also continue to finish his turn. It is his choice.

Toady One lasted so long I'm impresed, honestly. Let's just hope his undead corpse is not the end of us.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

Following the death of 4maskwolf, there was no clear leadership in Necrothreat.  The sole surviving founder, ToadyOne, had been slain alongside NAV and 4maskwolf in their valiant attack on the Necrothreaders besieging them.  Gwolfski, while ostensibly the admin, was in no state to take control of all operations.  Within the walls of the fortress, locked out of their external defenses, were six adult forummites and twenty-five children, all living in fear that the invaders would break in and kill them.  The only forummite with a large amount of weapon experience was Pisskop, gamer commander and hammer lord.  The global moderator, Th4DwArfY1, was also a swordsdwarf who could be recruited in case of emergencies.  But with the loss of their three champions, none of the dwarves were inclined to sally forth and do battle.

This is part of what has been dubbed the “Dark Period” of Necrothreat.  While it was indeed dark for the dwarves that lived trapped in their own home, the name truly refers to the lack of any clear documentation on Necrothreat during this time period.  While certain parts of the Dark Period have slowly had light shed upon them, there is no surviving record of several months following the death of the fortress champions, leaving historians guessing what exactly went on within the bowels of the fortress.

No surviving record, however, does not mean no record.  This is the diary of a child, long since lost to history, that tells of these dark days in Necrothreat.  This child is Wolf, the child of the original 4maskwolf, who had died over a year previous to the section of the diaries we shall now read.  Perhaps, in reading this, it is possible to gain a more full understanding of Necrothreat.

Speaking of the undead corpses, actually, they attack the necrothreaders, so they never survive very long (since corpses can now burn).

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2015, 08:02:24 pm »

I suppose it's time we made them fire immune again. It'd solve our necropest problem but we'd be stuck with zombies. Or alternatively we could fix them so they don't fight. The alternative is to call it some story magic from the previous Necrothreats and continue as we are.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 24, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

Reredorfing please! Probably as a kid.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 116