Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 316999 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2015, 04:44:42 pm »

I would like a forumite as well. As in Doomforests, I will be Le Grand Soaper and keep us all clean.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2015, 05:53:00 am »

HERETIC
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Karevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2015, 06:19:28 am »

Yup. Real dwarf sweat and stink. This is proof of hardwork laborer.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2015, 10:24:51 am »

Although the smell could attract unwanted attention, I agree. Hardworking dwarves are distinguished by the smell of sweat. However, the true powers of soap have yet to be discovered by this batch of workers. "Keeping them clean" might as well just be a cover-up.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2015, 10:30:06 am »

Is this like the 5th time our forts have caught on fire? I remember spontanious combustion on our last embark
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

Is this like the 5th time our forts have caught on fire? I remember spontanious combustion on our last embark
Necrothreat has a problem with spontaneous combustion. This is the first time that it's happens on the inside however. I'm also certain this is the fastest time that the fortress has caught fire in all the forts, which is a record less then 1 year.

The best part is I can't tell if that's a DF thing or a necrothreat thing. Things tend to catch fire and burn randomly in regular DF, I'm just usually not seeing it most of the time because dont usually weaponize Fire.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2015, 03:53:26 pm »

You know you're in trouble when Drunk Fortress's fortresses spend less time on fire than yours.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2015, 05:20:50 pm »

Join Necrothreat the hotest new craze sinc- AEMOKS BEAR THE FORT IS ON FIRE AGAIN RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

O no! MY PRIZED FAMILLY xXWool SockXx! *runs into fire*
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2015, 03:35:50 am »

...And that was the last time we heard from Sprin.

A day later

"I FOUND THEM, HAHAHAHA. DO YOU LIKE MY NEW HAIRSTYLE?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2015, 05:07:20 am »

You know you're in trouble when Drunk Fortress's fortresses spend less time on fire than yours.
Sigged
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:26 am »

10th of Sandstone, 125 - Ill Omens, A Hero's Arrival, and Apiks' Confession
Apiks stopped digging out the graveyard for the burnt corpses of animals we found, and he stopped, dropped his pick and ran off! I chased him, wondering what was going on and he halted right at the gate, staring into the distance. Some migrants have arrived, but apiks seemed keen at looking at each new arrival. There was a total of 11 that arrived, which was a miner, a trapper, a glazer, three fishery workers, a farmer, a maceman, two children and their father, who was a swordsman. Apiks gazed on towards the swordsman and whispered to himself loud enough for me to hear:

"He's here."

*********************************************************************************************************

Apiks ran up to the swordsman, who was watching his children as they approached the fortress.

"Highmax!" Apiks shouted

The swordsman looked up, and apiks gasped as the familiar swordsman looked at him with the only eye he had left. A massive gash from what appeared to be from a monster of some sort seemed to have ripped it out, but he still looked the same, albiet a change in hairstyle. Where before it was long and flowing, Highmax's hair was now short and well kept.

"Who are you? And how do you know my name?"

Toady One caught up at this time, and saw the two standing on the hill, both staring each other down, Apiks at a loss for words and Highmax standing firm.

"I have a lot of explaining to do. Toady One, if you would be so kind as to gather the others, I have something I would like to tell the others."

Toady One nodded and began shouting to the others to meet at the well, the current gathering hall, new arrivals as well.

Hours passed, and everyone had gathered at the meeting hall. Toady One stood before them and begun talking.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called this meeting, but rest assured, I'm certain Apiks is willing to fill us in on thi-"

He was cut off as Apiks stood before the others and shouted at the crowd.

"Forumites of Necrothreat! You all know me as Apiks, first and foremost, and I beg of you all to hear me out! I may sound like a madman at this, but I come from a different reality, where events that occur ended with disaster for us all. I was fortunate enough that in that world, I had access to magic from a time before time, and transported myself to this reality. Where now, we stand amidst a tundra, back then, we were in a hilly plains with an aquifer as our main setback. Things had come and passed, and the fortress fell, where all had died, and due to Armok's mercy or his mailice, many of us were returned to the world and reborn again where we once again, formed a second necrothreat. And due to many events, Armok had left us a monster amidst us, who was his pawn until the fortress had renounced him. He was the third major hero of Necrothreat and managed to right many wrongs that happened to us. Armok forsook us and damned us, sending us vampire spawn to slaughter us from the inside, and this hero protected us when he finally achieved his full freedom and learned to harness the powers of Armok, the blood god.

There was also, a second hero, excluding myself, where I had seen the rise and fall of all Necrothreats and made it through them all, there was one forumite who was always a universal constant. He was well renown as a hero from the first rise of Necrothreat for his strength and his dedication. He was the only one who, through vigorous trials, suffered through almost as much torture and trials as the third hero. He was sent to the abyss where all reanimated and deceased of our lands go, and there, he rallied an army and led a crusade against the god that controlled the damned; the First High Lord Threadromancer, Ur. Ur was the reason why Necrothreat had fallen in the first place, and his influence grew when the second coming was literally forged on top of the old world, where Ur had conquered and turned into a savage land of death and suffering. No life was there save for the damned souls there. Most of those I see here were told to me served in that battle and in the end, left for the afterlife. Only one rejected a final respite; the Slayer of Ur, the Guardian of Necrothreat:

Highmax."

The two children of the Swordsman gasped as his wife glared at him. Highmax's single eye showed pure shock and awe.

"Don't you remember? You were the great slayer! The great hero and warrior! You led the great armies of the damned and marched upon the Dark Tower deep within the old world! You suffered in that god forsaken fortress where you slew your own self during your time as an undead when the third hero saved you. How can you forget slaying many of the demons that brought the end of the second world, in fact one being the father of Ur!"

Apiks ran up and grabbed Highmax by his collar and shook him.

"HOW CAN YOU FORGET YOUR LEGACY!? YOUR MAGICAL PROWESS! YOUR BRIGHT BLUE BLADE!"

A heavy shove knocked apiks away, as Highmax's one-eyed glare stared at him.

"I'm an ex-adventurer. I'm a godless warrior who only wishes the best on his family before I die. I have never fought a demon, or slew a necromancer by the name of Ur. You're a madman!"

Toady One stepped in and stayed Highmax's now furious death glare.

"Hold your tongue, Highmax. I believe him. Apiks, what of the fate of the others? Mastahcheese, BFEL... Myself?"

Apiks heart sunk.

"Mastahcheese and BFEL die in the old world and die in the second world as well, only at the end of their journey to finally achieve a final respite. You... You died... And not just by any normal means, you die because I sent you to your death... I told you do a simple task for me and you drowned as you trapped yourself. And then on the last battle for the first Necrothreat... You return... And you slay NAV..."

Apiks swallowed in guilt and shame as he told this. Everyone was silent for almost a minute, until Toady One broke it, with a solemn look upon his face.

"... Tell me then, Apiks; what caused the end of the homes?"

Apiks gulped as he turned his gaze towards Sprin, who's face seemed to be full of mad joy. He was the only one smiling during this entire ordeal.

"The first fort was destroyed by Ur himself as the fortress fell and they all died. The second one... Was destroyed when on of our own broke into what we thought was a cleansed old world. Upon doing so, they released the horrors of the old world and awoke Ur's father, who was one of the first and strongest demons in existance. I do not know who did it, but it forced me to transport myself to this reality, as all died around me. Sadly, I cannot prove anything with this, as I seem cut off from the timeless magic. In fact, only Highmax and the third hero should have access to it at all, as Highmax learned his from spellbooks and devotion to learning, and the third heros came from the gods.

I have no proof, but I beg of you all to hear my plea! We must prepare ourselves for countless enemies, and the possibility of the return of Ur in this world! Even the possibility of Armok himself destroying us must be understood!"

Toady One nodded.

"We will do so at once."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2015, 02:54:28 am »

Huh. Would you look at that? Toady's a more understanding fellow than you might've imagined. I'm surprised Apiks didn't mention Sprin though.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2015, 03:19:13 am »

Huh. Would you look at that? Toady's a more understanding fellow than you might've imagined. I'm surprised Apiks didn't mention Sprin though.
Technically, no one knows Sprin is trying to kill everyone except Sprin and MAYBE Jenny. They just know Sprin is a mad idiot that happens to lead the fortress into the ground

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:05 am »

Technically, no one knows Sprin is trying to kill everyone except Sprin and MAYBE Jenny. They just know Sprin is a mad idiot that happens to lead the fortress into the ground

Okay but I thought Apiks would mention that Sprin also has knowledge of what happened. Or would that ruin his authenticity with Sprin being mad and all?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 04, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »

I thought I was signed up for a turn?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 116