Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 320843 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #870 on: October 17, 2015, 04:01:37 pm »

Alright, I'll take my turn.  Prepare for DEATH!

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to make the version of Dwarf Fortress for Mac take up more than 1/4 of the screen even on maximum size?

Edit: I FINALLY FOUND HOW TO FIX IT!  HOORAY FOR ACTUALLY DOING A SEARCH ON THE FORUM!

Edit 2: ...So upon downloading the save, are you sure you uploaded the proper save, Gwolfski?  There's still a siege going on on my screen.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:51:10 pm by 4maskwolf »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 17, 2015, 06:09:51 pm »

But are there any enemies outside, that's the real question. As far as we're concerned, we're always at siege.

Check the unit list and good luck with this.

Edit: Everybody that has requested a turn has been added to the turnlist. For easier reading of the main post, the turns have now been separated into two cycles.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 17, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »

But are there any enemies outside, that's the real question. As far as we're concerned, we're always at siege.

Check the unit list and good luck with this.

Oh yes.  All of the undead and the necrothreader are still there and not in cages or dead.  Perhaps I was given a midyear save?  The current date is 3 Felsite 130.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #873 on: October 18, 2015, 04:09:43 am »

abort that, i ll give you current save now, sorry. should have better organiastion

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11207
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:19:23 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #874 on: October 18, 2015, 05:20:17 am »

you should check for holes and tidy up the mess. Might help.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 18, 2015, 07:37:17 pm »

Collator’s Note: What follows is an overseer log recovered from the ancient fortress of Necrothreat III.  The purported writer is one “4maskwolf” Vabokedem, who, if other historical records recovered are correct, was a former soldier at the time of the writing, which has been dated to  the decade of the 130’s.  Unlike many other accounts of the fortress which have been proven to be false, however, this document lines up with known facts from the time period and is believed to deal with the years of 130 and 131, although there is no hard evidence to support this supposition.  If this text is to be believed, it provides insight into the goings-on in the fortress during a crucial time in its development.

Just a little introduction. Now time to figure out what the hell is going on in this fortress.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 19, 2015, 02:59:43 am »

Ha, nice start.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 19, 2015, 05:52:47 am »

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 14 Galena

Today, the great Gwolfski, savior of Necrothreat, chose to turn over operations of our once-mighty fortress to me.  While I am truly honored at our wise administrator’s choice, I am left with a great burden placed upon my unworthy shoulders.  My usefulness in this fortress has long since passed, as we no longer have great need for my skills as a miner or a soldier in this struggle to survive the great losses that have been inflicted upon us.  Perhaps that is why Gwolfski turned over control to me, so that I may be of some use once more.

Collator’s Note: Reliable historical records indicate that Gwolfski ended his direct control over the fortress by autumn of 130, so the date provided herein by the author is believable.  However, prior to the discovery of this document it was widely believed that Th4DwArfY1 Oslanmeng, the global moderator, had taken control in an effort to strengthen the fortress defenses and await new migrants.  This claim throws doubt upon that belief, and evidence for that theory was scant to begin with, as caravan records to not indicate any forummite presenting themself as the local leader during this time.

As part of my new job, I was given a full accounting of the available resources, including the food stores.  I was startled to find that we only had enough drink for 16 dwarves and requested that Gwolfski brew some more booze as soon as possible.  I also asked him to issue a work order for socks at the next available moment, since he is also our local manager.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 23 Galena

Our booze stocks are now up slightly, and I have tried to cancel or rearrange jobs in such a way that my fellows and I can spend out time dealing with the large number of hauling jobs we have left to us.  While the others may consider it demeaning work, it is something I can do to help the fortress and, thus, a great job for me.  I hope my fellows may someday view it as I do.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 12 Limestone

With a heavy heart, I have ordered the sealing off of the lower levels of the fortress, including the forge levels.  While the loss of those forges is a blow, it is but a temporary one: I need time to look over the fortress plans to better discern how to ensure their safety from the surface.  When that is completed, I will reopen the forges.  A caravan has arrived today, hopefully marking a new dawn for us here in Necrothreat.  There is little we truly need at the moment, but I hope Gwolfski will speak with them nonetheless.

Overseer log of 4maskwolf Vabokedem, 21 Limestone

There have been a few delays in dealing with the caravan, although I have assured them we will speak with them as soon as possible.  In the meantime, I believe I have isolated the trouble spots regarding the forge levels and have sealed them off, while also opening up the main entrance to the forge levels.

Collator’s Note: Caravan records from the time do indicate that they were held up in their negotiations with the fortress of Necrothreat, although the source of these issues were either never recorded or have been lost in repeated copying of old records.

Jeebus this place is a nightmare to find anything in.  The main fortress is all well and good, but with all of the weird side projects, random tunnels to the surface, and ridiculous number of access shafts to the forge levels I have exactly fuck-all idea where the security breaches could be.  I think I've sealed most of the external entrances but given the complexity of this place god only knows whether I've gotten all of them.  I still think I need to fix a couple of cavern breaches, but that can wait until a bit later since there's so much work to be done.  Having nine working dwarves and 25 children is a major hassle, since the kids are only good for harvesting crops.

Speaking of harvesting crops, I shut down our farming operations for the time being, there is simply too much other shit to deal with and we've got plenty enough food as-is.  All engraving and mining I could see was also deactivated, since apparently most of the dwarves have engraving active and we've got quite a few miners amongst the remaining dwarves.  I think I killed a few other odd jobs that were queued up as well, like the creation of a random windmill and a door placement that wasn't immediately necessary.  Oh, and I removed a whole bunch of zones, like those silly pond zones and all plant gathering zones.

I feel like I'm going to have to start slaughtering animals soon, since we have far too many, but there's not enough dwarves around to do the butchering itself, much less haul all the byproducts away.  I've had to futz with labors a bit to make sure that everyone stopped doing useless shit and started being useful, mostly messing with hauling permissions to allow them to haul food and whatnot.  I think Gwolfski and Pisskop are still stressed, but they're dealing with it fairly well, no outbursts or anything.

I now know how some of the overseers of Headshoots felt, and it is glorious!  I'm amazed the fortress is in the state it is and still survived, and I can't tell whether I want to go back and read what happened or keep it a mystery for myself.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 19, 2015, 06:41:44 am »

You want to know what happened? I'll tell you what happened. Sprin happened. Standard Necrothreat event.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:11 am »

You want to know what happened? I'll tell you what happened. Sprin happened. Standard Necrothreat event.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight yeah forgot about that.

Speaking of Sprin, his ghost is wandering around the fortress right now.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 19, 2015, 07:59:53 am »

Yeah, I happened to sprin and his flaming zombie sacrificed itself to kill a High Lord.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:14 am »

Sprin: Alive, the scourge of the fort.
         Dead and united with Jenny, undead saviour of the fort.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 19, 2015, 09:51:42 am »

The important question:

Does toady one yet live?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:52 am »

The important question:

Does toady one yet live?
Yes he does.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher