Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 319751 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Ignore this failure of a community fortress XD
« Reply #1035 on: November 19, 2015, 07:38:04 pm »

Yeah, ok. The !!FUN!! is over, I'm getting bored. Let me do my write-up for today and I'll turn over the save. bythewaywe'reundersiegeagain

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 19, 2015, 07:43:13 pm »

Perfict :p
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 19, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

My aide informs me we're being attacked by Necrothreaders. Good. Maybe our two enemies will kill each other. They're moving very slowly toward the fort. They seem to be led by a troll, which is good because he'll lead them to the same thing the demons are trying to wreck - Immortalitysaves the artifact table.

One particularly brave and/or stupid thread zombie is trying to kill a Banshee of Fire. He wasn't doing shit at first, just getting all his clothes burned off, but he's getting gradually better.

Oh shit! He killed it! That's something that only a couple of our resident Forgotten Beasts could manage! But that troll got hit shit pushed in by a bunch of demons, along with about half the invaders, so the rest are leaving. Including our pikemaster friend. Oh well.

uh

Anyway, we got some migrants, bringing our total up to 21 dwarves.

Unfortunately, not all of the migrants survived. A fishery worker got smashed by a giant flying scorpion the other dwarves are calling N-something. Said scorpion is now flying around on the surface, killing random ravens.

Gamers. They shot some ravens and left. Too bad they didn't decide to kill the scorpion.

I tried to kill some demons that somehow ended up in the clothier's shop a while back with a catapult. It didn't work, they kept dodging.

Ghosts keep plaguing the fortress,

but we slab 'em as fast as they come.

Gwolfski's ghost also showed up, telling us not to slab him.

That just made the dwarves slab him even faster. They were afraid he'd try to do something about it, but nothing happened. ((OOC: Sorry man, I know what you said, but your ghost was haunting my dwarves and they've got enough unhappiness in their lives as it is.))

A butcher got a mood. He made a wood ring.

A dwarven caravan came, but they can't get in, luckily for them. The proxy, however, managed to get in while we were making an acquisition and talk to the new admin, who the dwarves picked over me. He told the proxy not to come back for a few years. He ran around the safe zone for a while before getting out during the next acquisition. I hope he's okay.

So yeah, those acquisitions? They were of parts of the bedroom hallways - specifically the parts directly above Immortalitysaves. Because I have a plan.

Awww yeah! It worked!

I dropped a floor down on top of the whole area, smashing the demons! The floor fell 4 levels before being stopped by the brace we built. If my pre-operation count was correct, we smashed 56 demons - every demon in the fortress proper! The dwarves quickly went to work securing the fortress from the demons still lurking around.

During the confusion, more migrants arrived. Several were killed by Scorpi-N and other demons. We barely managed to wall away the forges before the demons down there flooded up and wrecked everything we worked for. After the fort was secure and everything was battened down, we had 25 dwarves.

From there it was mostly hauling, processing, burying bodies, slabbing the ghost of Bim, who murdered our blacksmith, and other chores. Our marksdwarves, now outfitted with proper equipment, managed to kill the two demons from the clothier's shop. Unfortunately, the whole area is now flooded with toxic blood and can't be unsealed.

Eventually Tomato and I managed to make enough coffins to bury all the bodies, both from the attack and from the demons wrecking all our old coffins. We also began butchering some of the dead demons. May their flesh make us stronger, their bones make us tougher, their leather make us harder!

A bone carver, who was making bolts so our marksdwarves could train, got a strange mood. He made a forum post out of demon bone. That post is this post. I borrowed it.

Also, more Necrothreaders arrived. Apparently this time they brought the cavalry, because there were a lot more of them this time. After a battle that claimed a good 30 Necrothreaders and trolls, they managed to kill Scorpi-N. The fight was pretty awesome - a massive cloud of smoke and fire obscured the battle, while random limbs and dead Necrothreaders would come flying out. Now the remaining 40-ish are just hanging around, taking potshots at ravens.

There were some other interesting things, but I forget.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11284

Suggestions:
 - Make some more furniture. There are literally no doors, cabinets, tables, chairs, etc. and the dwarves are sleeping in a glorified dormitory.
 - Make the military stronger. Strong enough to take on the demon hordes and win.
 - Alternatively, plan up some devious traps to kill them. Immortalitysaves is in a stockpile somewhere. Just make sure there's no way it can backfire, like the trap under the northeast hill did.
 - Reclaim the forges or make new ones. Keep in mind the magma sea is full of demons.
 - Try to keep the dwarves from getting too unhappy. They're getting pretty stressed from seeing all their friends and family dead while burying all the corpses.
 - Don't let our dwarves die, get more dwarves. IronTomato's entire family is here pretty much, so he and I will be very unhappy if they died.

Don't let my efforts be in vain! And stick me back on that turn list!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 19, 2015, 09:30:47 pm »

You are one glorious bastard Flame. A glorious fucking bastard.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 19, 2015, 09:58:52 pm »

Nice.
Reforumiting please again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2015, 01:16:50 am »

*claps*

I nominate Flame for the hall of fame spot
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 20, 2015, 06:52:12 am »

Really well done.

I support that nomination. Does anybody disagree?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1042 on: November 20, 2015, 06:57:08 am »

Nope. Fifty-six demons in one shot is an acceptable kill rate. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 20, 2015, 07:37:45 am »

Really well done.

I support that nomination. Does anybody disagree?
I disagree...
I have no reason or evidence to justify it
 Im just really salty I never got a spot in it. :c

GG Flame

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 20, 2015, 08:47:32 am »

If you wrote a bit more on your turns so we could actually know what happened and have a valid reason to initiate you in the hall, you might make it (I honestly think that's the only reason you're not in there. We simply don't know what you did except that it happens every time it's your turn.)  :P
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 20, 2015, 08:49:04 am »

If you wrote a bit more on your turns so we could actually know what happened and have a valid reason to initiate you in the hall, you might make it (I honestly think that's the only reason you're not in there. We simply don't know what you did except that it happens every time it's your turn.)  :P
He's not wrong

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 20, 2015, 08:50:56 am »

Ha! I loved that turn. Well done!

Also, the list of other titles you had from other forts....You killed T-t-t-terry? I'm s-s-sorry, didn't know what I was up against, sir.

:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:01 am »

Ha! I loved that turn. Well done!

Also, the list of other titles you had from other forts....You killed T-t-t-terry? I'm s-s-sorry, didn't know what I was up against, sir.

:P
Terry?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 20, 2015, 09:44:14 am »

*Shudders*

Terry.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 20, 2015, 12:41:50 pm »

Fair point, flame gets HoF
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116