Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218112 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 07:08:12 pm »

Well, Klingons declared war on tribbles, then what happened? No more tribbles.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »

Apparently it was four species actually. Relevant link

Sparrows and other birds were shot down from the sky, resulting in the near-extinction of the birds in China.

Pretty effective I'd say.
Still didn't work.

Well, Klingons declared war on tribbles, then what happened? No more tribbles.
But... I can't argue with you there.  Mainly because I don't know what a tribble really is.

Anyways, we should probably stop before we derail.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 07:19:29 pm »

I think it is already heavily derailed.

Anyway, I have a maptools game tonight. I'll close the polls and tally things up after that concludes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:56 pm »

Tattooed arms, springy legs, and camouflaged body seem pretty certain. Oh, and male gender, which is good because we would be able to impregnate multiple females at once to repopulate our race.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »

Or develop hermaphrodite body characteristics and repopulate that way

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »

Or develop hermaphrodite body characteristics and repopulate that way
DF universe.  Does not exist.
Male or Female only.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 08:59:35 pm »

As noted, not an option, and much slower than capturing a half-dozen or more mortal women, transforming them, and keeping them impregnated.

It just occurred to me what I'm typing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

As noted, not an option, and much slower than capturing a half-dozen or more mortal women, transforming them, and keeping them impregnated.

Do you hear that?  That's your sanity slipping.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »

In a way that also creates more night creatures, because the women are night creatures too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 09:15:07 pm »

Yes, but the babies will last longer, long-term. They'll be able to kidnap more mortals and make more babies, and boom! Race reborn.

Once we start, we'll need to make sure the world is still like we think it is and that they haven't figured out steel, plate armor, lasers, etc out.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 02:06:50 am »

Polls closed, tallying votes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 03:46:07 am »

Character: (Lucky you. My calculations say that we have a 4th place tie for skills, so you get 5 of em.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As soon as it occurs to you that you can use Eon Manipulation to maneuver it becomes much easier to examine portals. You pass over a few tempting exits before finding one that truly strikes your fancy; it leads to an abandoned wizards tower. You figure that it must have some sort of alter or summoning circle for complicated rituals, and that there might be other magical supplies lying around for you.

You slide through the portal and appear once again in the physical world. It is night, and it is peaceful. It finally dawns on you that YOU are the last of your kind. You pause in reflection to consider weather you should mourn your father's death or celebrate the fact that he was able to spare you from his fate. Your contemplation is eventually interrupted by loud snoring. It would seem that this tower isn't entirely abandoned after-all.

The wizard is found in his bed, and you are faced with a tough choice. Capturing the old human spell-caster alive is tempting; he could have useful information about where you are and what is in the tower, and you could also use a plaything to torment for awhile. That said you know well that any wizard powerful enough to own a tower, even one as poorly kept as this, is likely more than a match for you in terms of sheer magical might; any action other than swiftly killing him in is sleep would be rather risky.

You consider your options carefully. There are at least five more hours of night left... if you are careful you should be able to explore the tower before the wizard wakes up. There is no need to rush into a decision if you don't want to. Choices, choices, what shall you do?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 03:50:26 am »

Aargh, no tatooed arms? In any case can you turn him into a night troll? If not then knock him over the head to ensure unconsciousness while you gag and bind him. Make sure he can't wiggle his fingers. Use dark manipulation and hypnosis to put him into a submissive emotional state.

Don't explore tower first, you may set off wards.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:53:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 07:17:15 am »

Can we use Eon Manipulation to freeze him, or possibly the entire tower in time so that we can search unhindered by him/wards? If so do that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 07:39:45 am »

Aargh, no tatooed arms? In any case can you turn him into a night troll? If not then knock him over the head to ensure unconsciousness while you gag and bind him. Make sure he can't wiggle his fingers. Use dark manipulation and hypnosis to put him into a submissive emotional state.
Can night trolls turn people of the same gender into night trolls?

Don't explore tower first, you may set off wards.
Agreed.

I'll count the votes to see if bladed arms really won, my analysis suggested otherwise.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 143