Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218501 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1500 on: December 20, 2012, 06:38:02 pm »

Maybe allow her to shift into bisexualism...but I essentially agree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 20, 2012, 06:40:54 pm »

I think that bi-sexualism is the middle ground brought around by nessecity, but it should help for when we eventually transform Rox so that their love story can go on until death do they part, no matter what her father says. We just need to get Rox here and master the art of consort making.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »

Maybe allow her to shift into bisexualism...but I essentially agree.
If we can, sure.  This would solve the problem of her not having children.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 20, 2012, 06:45:27 pm »

What do you have against necromancy?  We have a lot of skeletons from our meals and it's a very useful skill.  Even if you don't want to use it a lot we should at least learn it.

If we don't learn smithing we should keep the ghost or find someone who is also talented in the field.  Personally I like dabbling in as many things as possible so it would be nice if we could at least have him teach us the basics.

I don't want to give away the lockbox unless we have a great reason for doing so.  That said, I guess we could wait until we are more prepared.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 20, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

No, Big no to any special commands, trust our instincts... any attempt to alter the conversion process  may damage Alice

And let's not discuss what we can do with Alice after any conversion, that may wait for  later upfates. Let's listen our GM and not discuss Alice's fate

And I dislike necromancy storywise, roleplaywise and that will ruin our reputation. Necromancy is too Evil for my tastes

Personally I like dabbling in as many things as possible so it would be nice if we could at least have him teach us the basics.
Dabbling in smithing may allow us to make crappy gear... We don't need crappy gear. We have better things to do than crafting a crappy gear
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 20, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »

I really don't think raising the corpses of dead elves will aggrevate them any more than killing them, eating them, kidnapping, and (sort of) raping them.

Granted they cannibalize too but it's kind of different here.

Anyway I'm just saying when the elves come knocking on our tower doors with a big army, I think we'll regret not putting all those skeletons to use.

Bad armor is probably better than no armor. As long as we have the dwarf I'm okay. Just if we plan to release him I think we should learn his trade first.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:12 pm »

we eventually transform Rox
so, after forcing our best friend to love us and marry us against her desires, you also want to steal her lover?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 20, 2012, 07:16:45 pm »

so, after forcing our best friend to love us and marry us against her desires, you also want to steal her lover?

We're just going to have to hope that Rox will accept that Alice is different, if Rox really loves her, then she wouldn't care about how Alice looks. Although Rox would probably care if we make Alice do something she disaproves (which could be anything, since we don't know Rox well enough). Also there is the  very slim chance of all the voters having a change in thought, preventing this possible conflict.
Max avatar size is 80x80

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

No we give Rox a choice in the matter, and while yes we will have to impregnate each at least once we then let them choose how to go about the rest of their lives.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 20, 2012, 08:20:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 20, 2012, 10:59:10 pm »

What do you have against necromancy?
An inability to learn it?
I agree, necromancy would be useful, but how would we get it?

I'm ambivalent on this, but I think it makes sense to try and reunite them. Ideally, Alice would get a gift that let's her turn Rox herself, but that's slightly more likely than Nocteclaw coming in and giving us a high-five before kicking the sun into a black hole.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 20, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »

I can't wait for the new update! :)

Hope that Alice will not dislike the gift that she'll get in the end... Well, then it's her problem for being so stubborn and no choosing herself. She'll get either one of our twotraited gifts or the ultimate one

Necromancy is bad for our reputation... it's a one thing to be enemy of elves who eats them (many races dislike elves) and another to be a stinky necromancer (No race like necromancers) and 1 level in skill will not give us any strong minions. But that's another longterm thing not worthy to discuss now
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 20, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

Hope that Alice will not dislike the gift that she'll get in the end... Well, then it's her problem for being so stubborn and no choosing herself.
Mostly agree.

Necromancy is bad for our reputation... it's a one thing to be enemy of elves who eats them (many races dislike elves) and another to be a stinky necromancer (No race like necromancers) and 1 level in skill will not give us any strong minions. But that's another longterm thing not worthy to discuss now
I don't see why being able to raise the dead would cause us more ill will than being a night troll,especially if we don't raise an army of crappy undead off the bat. These enemies aren't psychic.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 20, 2012, 11:35:08 pm »

I really don't think raising the corpses of dead elves will aggrevate them any more than killing them, eating them, kidnapping, and (sort of) raping them.

They would be very upset, and rightly so, but not for the reason you seem to think.

Remember, to us these are just uselesself #1089, but to the elves, you just defiled uncle John in the worst way possible.  Can you see why that might piss them off?  There is a difference between being an evil night troll and just being a tiny little Napoleon dick.

You gotta look at this IC and see how the NPCs think.  They don't look at their recently deceased meemaw and think "hey hey hey, no TV dinners tonight!
Unless they bested her in combat.  Then it's time to get out the doggie bags.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »

Orders for our consorts, they need to do something while we convert Alice

Gwen may spend her time with the mermaid and learn some Nocteclaw scripture.

The rogue may study the tower thoughtfully and tell us about it's vulnerabilities

The puppet( yes, my name memory is bad ) may assist the ghost in making some gear for us and learn a trick or two

Thecard
Exactly. Killing and eating someone is a nature of the night trolls, but necromancy is an evil act of defiling remains
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:49:04 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 143