Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 217486 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #2025 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:27 pm »

As far as we know Gwen knows no other school but enchantments... Those can't modify anything without using souls
Conveniently, that's all we'd be asking her to do.

Gwen has gotten souls on her own before though, i don't follow.
Yeah, she used her sword for that before she broke it...
I don't remember hearing that, it doesn't make sense for her to have broken her swords if that's true, and we could always lend her our Soulcatcher.

BTW, can't say that I am unhappy, I dislike enchantments for Night troll ethics reasons
Well, it's not like there aren't people deserving of nothing more than being used as an enchantment postmortem. Head to an evlen prisontree or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 12, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »

There's nothing wrong with lending her a necklace we alone have little to no use for. She does not need any other kind of magic to enchant things, and even if she did, she has dark manipulation.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 15, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »

Please don't be dead.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 15, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »

I think he's just been busy lately.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »

Yeah, seems like roleplay-wise weirdsound has a lot on his plate, not to mention real life.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 22, 2013, 04:14:50 pm »

>>
<<
I cast magic missile!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 22, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »

I cast mass levitation!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 22, 2013, 05:15:56 pm »

-Maximized Animate Thread-

*fizzle*
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »

Actually your timing is just about perfect. Semester just started today. That means I will be stuck on campus with little to do, especially until Homework starts picking up. I started this game, and in the beginning did most of the updates from school.

I am going to grab some food right now, and then I will try to revive this. If I fail to get into it I will scrap it and start something else for you all.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 22, 2013, 07:03:52 pm »

(Nat 20) You successfully revive the thread, and become a proficient necromancer
(New gift earned: Child or female with give can revive the dead back to former glory)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reposting just in case (with small update)

1) Order our ghost to make gauntlets, helmets and boots, any unused metal is bad. Any body protection is good
2) Train armed combat, friendly sparring is always good way to improve relations and we need to not rely only on our magic. Train armor usage, too

You take a break to catch some sleep, informing the wives to wake you up when the order of new armor is finished. In your dreams you wrestle a dire bear in win. Your mother could interpret dreams with some accuracy. You wish she was here...

Eventually you are woken up by Gwen, and distribute new helmets to most of the party. You then contact Foghorn via magic mirror and ask if his ritual is ready yet. He sadly reports that he will need another day or so, but will be able to terrorize the forests with localized intense thunderstorms once he is ready. He informs you that the weather will likely last for 3 to 5 days once started.

(We should go into the forest to find people for souls.)

Maybe we should force Jimma to give birth first by hunting around Oakworshiped first

"Alright ladies, this is the plan. Before we attack Oakworshipped in earnest I intend to go into the woods with Gwen and Jimma. We will collect souls for the former to enchant with, and hopefully give the latter a chance to give birth before the battle. Cherlyn, you and Alice stay here and take care of the kid."

The consorts take their time to prepare, and within a few hours you set out into the woods with Jimma and Gwendolyn.

Before you can even reach the woods, potential prey is found. Five humans in uniformed armor walk in a path perpendicular to yours, seemingly patrolling the border of the forest. You are still out in the open on the plains, so it is unlikely that your group will be able to get the drop on these men, or even sneak by unnoticed. If you wish to avoid a fight and find some lesser targets to pick on you will have to get creative.

-I wonder if we could overcome the numbers disadvantage in a straight fight here?-

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 22, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »

Toss 'em in the future and dig a pit where they were last standing. Then when they arrive, terrorize them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:35 pm »

Toss 'em in the future and dig a pit where they were last standing. Then when they arrive, terrorize them.

Screw the pit. We have a knife and a nearby forest and we want to use them. Carve a bunch of spikes and hammer them into the ground where the humans will reappear, impaling them.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »

What about practicing some melee? 3 to 5 is a fair fight
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 22, 2013, 09:31:14 pm »

But then they'll die instantly, instead of soaking up fear and pain...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 143