Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215501 times)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2012, 06:08:48 am »

Ah.... Teenage love....

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:39 am »

Definitely, that's why I wrote - if she doesn't change her mind. Also it's a roleplay, we have a virgin troll and an alluring  female, aren't we far  too cool headed?

I said the same thing about wanting to set the elf on fire. Apparently we were selected to be sent into the future because we have exceptional willpower for a troll.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:19 am »

Heh, I never had an urge to put someone on fire but I was a horny teenager... And I suspect that second is much harder to control

And I'd want to know from the GM, can we impregnate female without changing her in some way?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2012, 06:24:48 am »

Definitely, that's why I wrote - if she doesn't change her mind. Also it's a roleplay, we have a virgin troll and an alluring  female, aren't we far  too cool headed?

I said the same thing about wanting to set the elf on fire. Apparently we were selected to be sent into the future because we have exceptional willpower for a troll.

It makes sense, also i would imagine that being sent immeasurably far into the future and being the very last of ones kind would be very sobering. Our survival is far more important than impulse, either to mate or to set woodland creatures on fire, and we're smart enough to realize that. Also, i would imagine our understanding of eon magic would come with the understanding that time is our ally, there is no need to be rash and we should know that well.

Are we really can impregnate only another night troll? Or any mating will change the mate even if we don't want to? I haven't seen anything in the thread about it

It seems logical, some species of animals cannot mate with other similar species, and there could very easily be a magical component. It could even be the act of laying with a female that turns them. In Dwarf Fortress Night Trolls *always* turn their opposite gender before having children, personally i think it's safe to assume that that is for a reason canonically.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2012, 07:49:06 am »

Keep the cubs. Bears are mostly herbivorous, they won't compete with us for food.

Suggest that Alice talk over her impulse with her father before she and...we? do anything rash.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2012, 07:56:13 am »

And we still will need to spend our time to feed them. Also, What will we do in a few days when mother bear returns? She will look for her children

If Alice talk with her father it's quite likely he will
a) Rejects the idea
b) Send her away from us
c) Get mad at us for attempting to seduce his little girl

Going fishing\washing is the best idea right now IMO

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:18 am »

We probably wouldn't have to spend too much time getting food. If we can't find some book on conjuring berries, we can gather whilst we hunt. If we can't find food for them at some point in the future, we can have bear steaks then, and they'll be bigger at that point. As for the mother, we'll find a way. Hopefully not involving burning down the forest, but I won't put my money on it. Besides, cute, fuzzy animals are good for picking up girls.

There's a reason I'm having Alice tell Foghorn. That way, we don't reject her and her father isn't so easily convinced that we forced her into this or something.

Right now, probably. I'm talking longer-term.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2012, 10:19:45 am »

yes, keep the bears.

Also, with Alice, I agree that we shouldn't use our "gift" on her. Go fishing/ washing, and remind her of the many reasons why that is a bad idea. If nothing else, remind her that
a)she will become hideous by human standards
b)this is infinitely more binding than marriage
c) we have known each other for two days.

If we were a human, with those points taken into consideration, would this be a good idea?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:03 am »

I am against converting, too (Not because it's a bad idea for her, because we don't want problems with her father). But I suspect that impregnating can be done without converting her to a night troll

It's interesting storywise, even if not an optimal decision

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

yes, keep the bears.

Also, with Alice, I agree that we shouldn't use our "gift" on her. Go fishing/ washing, and remind her of the many reasons why that is a bad idea. If nothing else, remind her that
a)she will become hideous by human standards
b)this is infinitely more binding than marriage
c) we have known each other for two days.

If we were a human, with those points taken into consideration, would this be a good idea?
And if she's still interested, tell her to talk it over with Foghorn. Worst-case scenario, we can honestly say we tried to talk her out of it.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2012, 11:08:51 am »

Or she'll get insulted by the fact that we don't want her  :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

Phrase it in a way that makes it clear that we're just pointing out the practical issues.
Sig

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2012, 01:22:57 pm »

Regarding Alice, why not have her take the cubs back to the tower? That way you can still get some hunting in, and she can talk things over with her father if she truly wishes to become a night troll.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2012, 02:56:36 pm »

That could work.
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2012, 03:20:11 pm »

Regarding Alice, why not have her take the cubs back to the tower? That way you can still get some hunting in, and she can talk things over with her father if she truly wishes to become a night troll.

This. The ultimate best-case result for us is the one where Alice convinces Foghorn that we're a good guy, that she's not under any compulsion or coercion to want to become a night troll and that she still wants to do it anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 143