Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218110 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »

Nevermind
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:17:27 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:30 pm »

I really think we should play the gentleman on the score of Alice, it's a pretty powerful position to be in in this case.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

oh, and somthing else. How do you think Alice will react if we take another mate? We probably will, we have an elven hemigoddess princess available for when we can endure the reaction from the elves. Night creature or not, Alice is would still be outraged.
so yes, play gentleman
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »

I really think we should play the gentleman on the score of Alice, it's a pretty powerful position to be in in this case.
Indeed.

oh, and somthing else. How do you think Alice will react if we take another mate? We probably will, we have an elven hemigoddess princess available for when we can endure the reaction from the elves. Night creature or not, Alice is would still be outraged.
so yes, play gentleman
We'll burn that bridge when we come to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »

If we turn her, we would expect that she will fuck any available male, don't we?If we don't say, that we want to convert her, she will probably don't talk with father about it
And once again, why you all treat Alice like an idiot?... She understands what dark trolls are

her words
If you desire to turn me into something... like yourself and make me your own, I will demand to my father that you be allowed to do so."
Note the words your own She is ready to be treated in a non-respectable way

Also, if we do like her and can impregnate her without converting (And I think we can) It's a far better idea. Don't you see that we can get her father infuriated even if she only ask  about converting?

I still think that going to some water source to wash\fish and then decide what to do is a far far better idea. At least we should thoughtfully discuss the possibility with Alice before any of us talk to her father. We may lose both a mentor and a potential mate if we play it openly
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:19:18 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

Hey, if we have Alice ask Foghorn AFTER pointing out the downsides, like suggested (and like I agreed to), and after she's still interested, we can honestly say that we tried to dissuade her without hurting her feelings.

And nix to impregnating Alice without Foghorn's consent, regardless of it's even possible (it isn't).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »

I imagine her dad would still be pretty upset two months down the line when she gets a visible bump and says "oops, sorry, I'm bearing a spawn of darkness, is it okay if I carry it to term?"

Keep playing the gentleman and leave off converting her for now.  We need to be in a position to usurp her father before she's a viable option.  Just keep playing nice and binding her loyalty to us.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2012, 05:34:29 pm »

Alternatively...
Let the matter drop for the present. If Alice brings it up again when we're back at the tower, explain some stuff
a)she will become hideous by human standards
b)this is infinitely more binding than marriage
c) we have known each other for two days.
and if she's still interested, have her okay it with Foghorn before we even think about starting preparations.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

we can honestly say that we tried to dissuade her without hurting her feelings
What if Foghorn doesn't believe our words?

And nix to impregnating Alice without Foghorn's consent,
I think risk\reward ratio is better in secret impregnation then in let's try to get consent
Oh, and hiding from father is a cooler story :)
Also, I afraid that as we accumulate gifts, our mating urge will rise to the point when it will be impossible to control

regardless of it's even possible (it isn't).
I'd wait for GM's words. Description of gifts, don't imply that

I imagine her dad would still be pretty upset two months down the line when she gets a visible bump and says
I hope that in two months time we will not care about his mood, because we will be far stronger than him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2012, 05:52:23 pm »

we can honestly say that we tried to dissuade her without hurting her feelings
What if Foghorn doesn't believe our words?
Then we'd be screwed no matter what we do. Unless you want to alienate Alice?

And nix to impregnating Alice without Foghorn's consent,
I think risk\reward ratio is better in secret impregnation then in let's try to get consent
Oh, and hiding from father is a cooler story :)
Also, I afraid that as we accumulate gifts, our mating urge will rise to the point when it will be impossible to control
Well, if we MUST impregnate someone...
DON'T IMPREGNATE THE DAUGHTER OF A POWERFUL WIZARD!

regardless of it's even possible (it isn't).
I'd wait for GM's words. Description of gifts, don't imply that
It's true in DF, and you seem to be the only person here who thinks otherwise.

I imagine her dad would still be pretty upset two months down the line when she gets a visible bump and says
I hope that in two months time we will not care about his mood, because we will be far stronger than him.
Don't bet your life on your chickens before they've hatched. Ten bucks says Foghorn's had longer than two months to gather his strength...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »

Oh, yes, let's impregnate a random peasant girl. It's safer, nothing else matter

It's true in DF
Do we have eon manipulation skill in DF? :) DF doesn't have interspecies breeding not because it's world doesn't have it, but because it's unimplemented. Anyway, only GM can answer that.

Don't bet your life on your chickens before they've hatched. Ten bucks says Foghorn's had longer than two months to gather his strength...
He is a mere human. We should get stonger. Another possibility - we will be far away
And third - Alice will leave her father for some excuse, because she is not a moron, and know that she will be punished for that pregnancy

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »

Oh, yes, let's impregnate a random peasant girl. It's safer, nothing else matter
So, you'd rather anger a powerful wizard who is our only ally than risk having a subpar child?

It's true in DF
Do we have eon manipulation skill in DF? :) DF doesn't have interspecies breeding not because it's world doesn't have it, but because it's unimplemented. Anyway, only GM can answer that.
Pretty sure it was implied. Still, what kind of non-stupid plan do you have that relies on that detail?

He is a mere human. We should get stonger. Another possibility - we will be far away
He's got years of a head start and knows more about the world as it is. And you want to abandon all we have just so you can do the nasty with Foghorn's daughter?

And third - Alice will leave her father for some excuse, because she is not a moron, and know that she will be punished for that pregnancy
Yes, because Foghorn will not go looking for her and definitely hasn't been taking every precaution he can to be able to find her again, especially since she's gallivanting about with a night troll.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

So, you'd rather anger a powerful wizard who is our only ally than risk having a subpar child?
Well, yes. I am not risk averse. Besides I think it's a funnier story and more roleplayish

He's got years of a head start and knows more about the world as it is. And you want to abandon all we have just so you can do the nasty with Foghorn's daughter?
1) Years of head start mean little, when we advance skills fast. Also in two month time he may need to fight with more than one night troll
2) If(when) we  start hunting elves, we will need to change our base anyway.

Yes, because Foghorn will not go looking for her and definitely hasn't been taking every precaution he can to be able to find her again, especially since she's gallivanting about with a night troll.
He has many daughters and is a pretty busy person to look out after his ranger daughter constantly.

It's getting old... Not  that any of us will change his mind, and we overflood the topic

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

Well, yes. I am not risk averse. Besides I think it's a funnier story and more roleplayish
If I had my LIFE at stake, and that of my species, no way I'd risk angering Foghorn for no good reason. Just have Alice chat with him. Possible anger vs. certain rage...

1) Years of head start mean little, when we advance skills fast. Also in two month time he may need to fight with more than one night troll
2) If(when) we  start hunting elves, we will need to change our base anyway.
1. You're making assumptions, such as "Night trolls learn dozens of times as fast as humans," "We'll be able to learn as well as Foghorn did despite not having a regular teacher," and "We'll be able to find/grow new night creatures quickly in those two months, and no one will hunt us, and they will risk their lives for us."
2.) Why? They have several big settlements right near our tower.

He has many daughters and is a pretty busy person to look out after his ranger daughter constantly.

It's getting old... Not  that any of us will change his mind, and we overflood the topic
He doesn't have to look out for her constantly, just have a spell that lets him scry on her easily or something. If I was a wizardly father, I'd develop such a spell by the time my first child was 3. If I hadn't, I'd figure it out later, by the time my kids were hunting in dangerous woods or hanging out with more dangerous beings.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »

May i point out that this could be a legitimate internal conversation? Sort of a battle with ones impulses? XD
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 143