Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 217762 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2012, 06:38:49 pm »

"Well, I'm damn good with a fireball , if I may say so myself, I also enjoy jumping, torture, committing atrocities, and romantic nightly strolls on the beach."
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2012, 06:39:13 pm »

Try refusing to talk for a moment. If that's possible, tell him that you're an eon manipulator and know a bit about nature magic but that's about it. If it isn't, listen to what spills out.
Either way, thank him for the meal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »

"I can move unseen in plain view if I am careful enough (demonstrate camouflage) jump far and high, and as you have seen, I am competent in eon manipulation"

(we can also hypnotize people, control shadows, and speak to bugs, but we aren't offering those to him, are we? Time for literal genie mode.)
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:13 pm »

After he leaves, use Eon manipulation on the bracelet to send it into the future for a few hours. It's hardly guaranteed to work, but it's worth a shot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

After he leaves, use Eon manipulation on the bracelet to send it into the future for a few hours. It's hardly guaranteed to work, but it's worth a shot.
Sure. Maybe fabricate a fake first?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:36 pm »

How flimsy does that bracelet look?  It's cursed to prevent removal, not necessarily a good smashing.  That might be option one as soon as his back is turned.  Depends on whether the spell considers it 'his' belonging any more.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:10 pm »

How flimsy does that bracelet look?  It's cursed to prevent removal, not necessarily a good smashing.  That might be option one as soon as his back is turned.  Depends on whether the spell considers it 'his' belonging any more.
probably not a good idea.

Sure. Maybe fabricate a fake first?
How? this is the middle of the forest.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »

Is the bracelet made of wood?
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

(It seems to be made of steel)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »

:(

Let's try eon manipulation once we get alone time.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »

Well, that sucks, i thought that plan was pretty risky, but something of the like was bound to happen eventually. Better a thrall then dead.
I suggest we cooperate for the moment, telling him the abilities we've *fully* learned and glossing over the details of the skills we've been attempting to develop.
If he asks us how we got here perhaps we can intimidate him with knowledge of our alliance with our wizardly benefactor.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 19, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »

If he asks us how we got here perhaps we can intimidate him with knowledge of our alliance with our wizardly benefactor.

Big NO. He'll just use us against the wizard
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »

Gods no, if he asks us how we got here we tell him (very truthfully and accurately) that we were sent here from the past to avoid the extinction of our race.  We then skip straight to "having arrived here, I decided to go hunting and came upon you".
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 19, 2012, 09:23:32 pm »

I wouldn't mention Foghorn. If we do, one of us is going to be used against the other...
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »

That's a good point, i guess i don't like being at the mercy of this jerk.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 143