Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 217491 times)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:03 am »

Too late to suggest anything. Well then, I'd recommend using hypnosis on him.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 08:50:24 am »

Can we use Eon Manipulation to freeze him, or possibly the entire tower in time so that we can search unhindered by him/wards? If so do that.

Good idea. If possible freeze him in place with eon manipulation then bind him, them hyptonize him and manipulate his emotions with dark manipulation.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:45 am »

Aargh, no tatooed arms? In any case can you turn him into a night troll? If not then knock him over the head to ensure unconsciousness while you gag and bind him. Make sure he can't wiggle his fingers. Use dark manipulation and hypnosis to put him into a submissive emotional state.
Can night trolls turn people of the same gender into night trolls?

Don't explore tower first, you may set off wards.
Agreed.

I'll count the votes to see if bladed arms really won, my analysis suggested otherwise.

If I made a mistake, do let me know. I was exhausted when I tallied things up.

Aargh, no tatooed arms? In any case can you turn him into a night troll? If not then knock him over the head to ensure unconsciousness while you gag and bind him. Make sure he can't wiggle his fingers. Use dark manipulation and hypnosis to put him into a submissive emotional state.

"As tempting as it would be to make a mate of a powerful wizard, he is of the wrong gender. Also the conversion process takes a while, so even if it was possible it might be ill advised to perform on a great wizard on his home turf..."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 11:10:50 am »

Yeah, according to my tally it's:

Tattooed arms: 3/2.5
Bladed Arms: 2/2.5

Everything else seems correct though.

EDIT: Wait, how did night creature empathy get on there? only one person voted for it. Communication would seem the better choice since 2 people voted for it and probably has the same votepower as darkmanip, but I'm unsure how you tallied skills, but earth manipulation should have exactly the same voted value as dark creature empathy and I'd prefer earth manip myself(I prefer darkmanip over commun ofc, but commun over darkcreat empath, Darkmanip>earth manip>comm>darkemp). Also comm probably has more voting power than unarmed? Ignore this if it means we only get 4 skills.

1Eon manipulationEon manipulationEarth ManipulationNight Creature EmpathyStealth
2Eon manipulationDark ManipulationUnarmedCommunicationStealth
3Plant EmpathyDark ManipulationNecromancyCommunicationStealth
4Earth CraftingArmedUnarmedStealthStealth

EDIT2: How did i miss that fire manip allows us to control magma and makes us start next to a sea of magma? Aargh.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:26:15 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 01:12:14 pm »

No.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »

I really think we should just kill the wizard and be done with it, snap his neck.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »

I really think we should just kill the wizard and be done with it, snap his neck.
Sounds like something we'd do.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 02:01:55 pm »

Nah, wizard minion is best solution, otherwise what are our hypnotism for?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

I don't think that's quite how it works.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

I think we should eat the wizard.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 04:07:13 pm »

I don't think that's quite how it works.
Hypnotic: You can suspend a mortals self preservation instinct, often causing them to submit or attack recklessly

Our dark manipulation of emotional state should hopefully help to swing that to submit, and we bind him beforehand in case he goes beserk. If he goes beserk we can kill him. Winwin!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 04:47:41 pm »

Yeah, according to my tally it's:

Tattooed arms: 3/2.5
Bladed Arms: 2/2.5

Everything else seems correct though.

EDIT: Wait, how did night creature empathy get on there? only one person voted for it. Communication would seem the better choice since 2 people voted for it and probably has the same votepower as darkmanip, but I'm unsure how you tallied skills, but earth manipulation should have exactly the same voted value as dark creature empathy and I'd prefer earth manip myself(I prefer darkmanip over commun ofc, but commun over darkcreat empath, Darkmanip>earth manip>comm>darkemp). Also comm probably has more voting power than unarmed? Ignore this if it means we only get 4 skills.

1Eon manipulationEon manipulationEarth ManipulationNight Creature EmpathyStealth
2Eon manipulationDark ManipulationUnarmedCommunicationStealth
3Plant EmpathyDark ManipulationNecromancyCommunicationStealth
4Earth CraftingArmedUnarmedStealthStealth

EDIT2: How did i miss that fire manip allows us to control magma and makes us start next to a sea of magma? Aargh.

I added up the total rankings (1-4) for each skill, using a 5 when somebody didn't include it in their list of four. The four (or five) lowest totals were included. Here is my math. Please tell me if I made a mistake, again it was late and I was tired when I did it.

My Tally:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 05:34:24 pm »

Anyway. I'm going to assume my calculations are correct for now and start on the first turn.

Character: (Lucky you. My calculations say that we have a 4th place tie for skills, so you get 5 of em.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can we use Eon Manipulation to freeze him, or possibly the entire tower in time so that we can search unhindered by him/wards? If so do that.

Good idea. If possible freeze him in place with eon manipulation then bind him, them hyptonize him and manipulate his emotions with dark manipulation.

Freezing a whole magical tower in time is beyond your abilities... however freezing a single elderly human is a simple task. Perhaps your recent trip through time has heightened your magical awareness, ffor you are able to lock the wizard into a second and a half long repeating loop. His snoring exhale begins to repeat itself like clockwork and you smile. You have cast the spell flawlessly and suspect that your victim will be held for several days or until you release him. 1d20 = 16 + 4(Skill) +1(Tattoos) = 21

Deciding to soften your mark up before exploring the tower you focus on the wizard once more, and command the wicked darkness of night to invade his dreams. You feel that again you have cast successfully, but it is tough to tell when your victim is locked in a time loop and incapable of reaction. You figure that once the time loop concludes he will need a few hours to stew in his bad dreams... 1d20 = 8 + 2(Skill) + 1(Tattoos) + 1(Victim Helpless in Time Loop) = 12

With the owner taken care of you begin to search the tower, weary of any wards. There are none. In fact there is hardly anything.

You spot a locked bronze box under the wizards bed.

An alter made of obsidian implies that the wizard likely practices fire manipulation and has at least a passing interest in powerful ritual spells.

There is a dusty and cobweb covered alchemist's workstation; you suspect that age has long since robbed the wizard of the sharp mind or deft dexterity required for such chemical arts.

Lots of smoked meat hangs from a wrack near a dining table.

In the tower's basement you find three locked cells, one of which still contains what appears to be a dwarven skeleton.

The floor on the tower's first level is covered in accumulated junk and trinkets. You suspect that most of it is the mundane crap that mortals need to get by, but you make a note to take proper inventory at some point, just to be sure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 06:06:11 pm »

Search for any tomes, scrolls, napkins, etc, with anything relating to arcane lore. Read them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 06:23:45 pm »

Search for any tomes, scrolls, napkins, etc, with anything relating to arcane lore. Read them.
Also, eat some meat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 143