Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215079 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1200 on: December 15, 2012, 12:12:34 am »

Yeah, remember?  She told his men to not eat the cows on her Isle, and they didn't when Odysseus was there to command them, but a'fore he could even fluff his pillow they had that shit on Bar-B-Q.

You're thinking of Helios, the Sun God. Hera was the one that hated Hercules.
I coulda sworn... Yes.  It was Helios.  My bad.
But Hera was a cow-goddess, right?

derails aside, can we have some consensus on elf-murder techniques for the immediate future?
Stabbing with sharp things tends to work well.  So does any form of fire, really.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:21 am »

Yeah, remember?  She told his men to not eat the cows on her Isle, and they didn't when Odysseus was there to command them, but a'fore he could even fluff his pillow they had that shit on Bar-B-Q.

You're thinking of Helios, the Sun God. Hera was the one that hated Hercules.
I coulda sworn... Yes.  It was Helios.  My bad.
But Hera was a cow-goddess, right?

*strangles*

That's HATHOR and she was EGYPTIAN, not Greek! Hera was the bloody wife of Zeus.

derails aside, can we have some consensus on elf-murder techniques for the immediate future?

Eon Manipulation on Fireballs gave me an idea... since slowing fire is basically slowing oxidation, can we use that to basically just kill the enemy by stopping the most basic processes of their body? Or slowing down/speeding up their heart in comparison to the rest of their body?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 15, 2012, 12:29:04 am »

We could, but honestly it's just easier to catapult their heads forward into the future.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 15, 2012, 12:31:14 am »

But a more intricate approach might be more likely to give us a cool gift if we nat 20.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 15, 2012, 12:31:41 am »

Actually, Hera is a goddess of cows, among other things.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 15, 2012, 12:48:18 am »

Yeah, see?
Each pantheon had their own deities for their own stuff.  All the gods have a sphere, there's not a 'housewife' sphere.  (Actually, is there?)

I mean come on, why can't you accept the fact that she's a strong cow god that don't need no man?

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 15, 2012, 12:51:48 am »

Yeah, see?
Each pantheon had their own deities for their own stuff.  All the gods have a sphere, there's not a 'housewife' sphere.  (Actually, is there?)

I mean come on, why can't you accept the fact that she's a strong cow god that don't need no man?

Because she was basically goddess of the 'housewife' sphere.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 15, 2012, 01:07:25 am »

Oh, right.  The thread.
We could, but honestly it's just easier to catapult their heads forward into the future.

Really?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:34 am »

More or less.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 15, 2012, 01:49:35 am »

I believe it was more specifically marriage, but housewife fits :P

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 15, 2012, 01:55:56 am »

She... did have cows though, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 15, 2012, 02:02:40 am »

What other gods want us? And how many gods would shun us for worshipping Nocteclaw, but not for being a night troll
Who knows? Maybe even Sol  will accept us under certain conditions. We know almost nothing about the Pantheon.
Well, we do know that Sol hates Nocteclaw and presumably hates all servants of Nocteclaw. We also know that night trolls were created from Nocteclaw. Therefore, it's a fair guess that followers of Sol who don't run from us will have a kill-on-sight mentality.

Stab them with the spear?
...It's late, cut me some slack.

Yeah, see?
Not mutually exclusive with the cow thing.
I've never heard of Hera being a cow goddess though, so...*shrugs*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 15, 2012, 07:00:13 am »

Well, we do know that Sol hates Nocteclaw and presumably hates all servants of Nocteclaw
That's why I'd rather not serve Nocteclaw

We also know that night trolls were created from Nocteclaw.
Created is not a right word, it wasn't a conscious act from anyone. Night trolls appeared accidentally

Therefore, it's a fair guess that followers of Sol who don't run from us will have a kill-on-sight mentality.
True. But I said under certain conditions
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 15, 2012, 08:49:56 am »

So am I right in assuming that no one feels particularly strong about what course of action to take thus far?  I'd also appreciate hearing what some of you think regarding my previously stated plan about the trap with illusions/pit/possible last resort fire.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 15, 2012, 09:09:45 am »

So am I right in assuming that no one feels particularly strong about what course of action to take thus far?  I'd also appreciate hearing what some of you think regarding my previously stated plan about the trap with illusions/pit/possible last resort fire.
I love the plan.

Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 143