Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221274 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1545 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »

I'm willing to discuss the subject of necromancy if we ever find a way to learn it, otherwise... what's the point?
Personally i'm quite pleased by our current name.
+1 and what was our name again?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 21, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

You have a funny understanding of good and evil - if it's useful than it's neither good or evil.... (Yes we are taling about different set of morals, but that doesn't matter)

And yes, I'd prefer more neutral, less hated god than Nocteclaw becase of the exactly same reason why I don't want necromancy:  That will get us more enemies and fewer allies

Some possible allies
1) Trees
2) Animals (We may choose a druid route easily... just protect forests from... elves. Isn't that ironic? We got two loyal trainers that can train us empathies to a nice level)
3) Other night creatures
4) Night creature empaths.
5) Humans that want to end elven domination
6) Various animal people (they are discriminated heavily by civilized races)
7) Various gods and their followers
8) Maaaaybe dwarves
9) Merfolk

Necromancy make it harder to cooperate with all that groups
Necromancy make us less acceptable for some future consorts (and we don't know opinions of current on that matter)

Damn, I debating on it again

Spoiler: Alice fate\suggestion (click to show/hide)

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 21, 2012, 05:06:37 pm »

Alright well can we reach an compromise agreement by saying that we won't go out of our way to learn it but if the possibility presents itself we will?  Also if we learn it we don't have to use it a lot, I just feel like it could be a very useful trick to have up our sleeves.

PS I'm not trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, I just want to give the reasons why I feel it is a good idea and why I think it would be silly to let the opinions of the elves or the supposed morality of necromancy decide our options for us.  Even though we disagree, I understand where you're coming from and I can respect the opinion you have.

Last thing: I do think we should practice our magic overall while we're here, maybe cement some new alliances like animal people or humans and also practice riding on those giant birds (they could make a great mount for flying but we need to train)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:08:09 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 21, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »

U.R. If you remember, impregnation in night trolls is caused by touch, it's just that they usually have sex at the same time because sex.

Also, I know they are quite ugly but can someone with drive discriptive/drawing talent help me understand what I night trolls looks like?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:51:55 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 21, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I k l ow they are quite ugly but can someone with drive discriptive/drawing talent help me understand what I night trolls looks like?
Depends on the night troll.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:35:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 21, 2012, 05:31:04 pm »

GreatWyrmGold .  fix the post)

And yep, night trolls are very different from each other
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 21, 2012, 05:52:24 pm »

As are all humans, but their should be some average.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 21, 2012, 05:55:27 pm »

You have a funny understanding of good and evil - if it's useful than it's neither good or evil.... (Yes we are taling about different set of morals, but that doesn't matter)
Untrue, torture is useful to interrogation yet considered evil by most. Friendship and love is useful for binding alliances, yet considered good.

And yes, I'd prefer more neutral, less hated god than Nocteclaw becase of the exactly same reason why I don't want necromancy:  That will get us more enemies and fewer allies
Nocteclaw is diminished and out of sight, out of mind for the vast majority of the "good" races. We are unlikely to garner significant enemies as a result of our unpublicized affiliation and patronage of It. The only ones who still seem remotely aware of him are potential allies, the merfolk. Thus does Nocteclaw bring us only gain.

Some possible allies
1) Trees
2) Animals (We may choose a druid route easily... just protect forests from... elves. Isn't that ironic? We got two loyal trainers that can train us empathies to a nice level)
3) Other night creatures
4) Night creature empaths.
5) Humans that want to end elven domination
6) Various animal people (they are discriminated heavily by civilized races)
7) Various gods and their followers
8) Maaaaybe dwarves
9) Merfolk
Other night creatures would likely be indifferent or supportive of Necromancy.

Dwarves are lawful good, and are unlikely to join with us regardless of the circumsances.

Merfolk are likely to ally with us already, as aforementioned as a result of Nocteclaw.

Trees are unlikely to care about Necromancy, nor are animals, so long as we don't harm either group with our creations.

Necromancy make it harder to cooperate with all that groups
Necromancy make us less acceptable for some future consorts (and we don't know opinions of current on that matter)
Regarding consorts, see the above statement about night creatures. I'm sure they would not consider feasting on elven flesh before their transformation either.

I respect your opinions, but you might be projecting your beliefs onto the npc's. This is a permadeath game with consequences and no redo's, I'm simply trying to use every avenue of power at our disposal.

However, in deference to the detractors of such a course of action, I would advocate that if we do learn and subsequently use Necromancy, we save our minions for guarding our key strongholds and/or when we direly need the support, so as not to incite more npc's to strike against our cause.

As for how to learn it, next time we see Foghorn we can ask about it. Alright, I said my piece and shan't argue any more about it. Sithis forbid this turn into the new version of the alice debate...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:58:36 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 21, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »

As are all humans, but their should be some average.
Not so much...
They range from green, eyeless people who grind bones to reddish winged humanoids to gray, backwards freaks who eat bugs purple one-eyed one-horned people eaters. And these guys have more types of abilities...

On the topic of necromancy, I have nothing against learning it if we can. Using it? Depends on the circumstances.
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

Our specific Night Troll looks kinda like a tattooed frogman, if that's what you're asking.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 21, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »

What colour skin? because for some reason I picture him black with white tattoos, with a basically humanoid structure, with insectoid bones on the outside, with legs that sort off, bend into themselves. With no pants... I wonder what It looks like?
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 21, 2012, 07:05:52 pm »

I imagined a more purpley skin.
Sig

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 21, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

I kind image him looking kind of like the character in this game:
http://www.gamefudge.com/Murloc-RPG
Max avatar size is 80x80

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 21, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »

I picture a dark purple skin verging on black, with sort of glowy white tattoos and green eyes.  Never really thought of him as insect like before but I guess that could make sense based off the description.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 21, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

Our troll has chameleon skin. It's not specific colour, just whatever colour the background is.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 143