Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 217654 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1800 on: December 26, 2012, 09:45:43 pm »

I think we should convert Rox because of two things, Alice loves her and Night trolls live a long time, Rox will die and Alice will become sad, if we convert her, they can live together forever.
Good idea. Give her Battlelust?
But Don' t bring it up now, that would be bad.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 26, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »

We discussed Rox conversion with Alice, she clearly said that it is a bad idea because Foghorn will not allow her that. Rox is  his friend and important servant.

And Rox loves Foghorn at least as much as she loves Alice
True enough. We'll need to discuss the matter with Foghorn and Rox first. After cementing an alliance with Foghorn...maybe the box would help?
Look at me, curbing the discussion towards something more immediately relevant!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »

I thought she lesbian?  Does she like Foggy the same way?  I could have missed it if she did.

In either case, she is definitely very loyal to him.  He'd have to give it the go ahead, but he probably won't.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 26, 2012, 10:15:20 pm »

Silly card man, animal people don't grasp the concept of homosexuality, they simply let their urges run wild and free

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 26, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

Silly card man fish, animal people don't grasp the concept of homosexuality, they simply let their urges run wild and free
Much better.  :D

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 26, 2012, 10:23:26 pm »

I thought she lesbian?  Does she like Foggy the same way?  I could have missed it if she did.
There is more than one kind of love, Card.

In either case, she is definitely very loyal to him.  He'd have to give it the go ahead, but he probably won't.
Yeah...maybe if we emphasize how happy she and Alice are together and make him feel indebted to us...say, by giving him the box?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

There is more than one kind of love, Card.
Yeah, that's what I meant by the "loyalty" thing.  I just feel like she might love Alice more than she loves Leghorn.

Yeah...maybe if we emphasize how happy she and Alice are together and make him feel indebted to us...say, by giving him the box?
Yepperoni.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 26, 2012, 10:34:30 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant by the "loyalty" thing.  I just feel like she might love Alice more than she loves Leghorn.
She never tried to save Alice from tortures and forced marriage. So I really doubt that

Whatever we do we shouldn't tell Foghorn about romantic affair between Rox and Alice.

I am against  converting Rox, that is bad for many reasons:

1) Foghorn
2) Weird love triangle will create problems
3) Alice may get upset that we want to raise our power and convert her love just to use for our cause. She is overprotective about Rox
4) Alice and Rox may break up (most likely they will) Considering their characters they may become fierce rivals
5) If Rox will ever fall in love with a male... she'll hate us because they will not be able to have a child ( that's true for Alice, too. But it's too late to change anything)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:45:16 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 26, 2012, 10:46:43 pm »

Can some people please stop acting like Alice has had a horrible curse inflicted on her that will forever ruin her life and any chance she has at happiness?  We didn't punish Alice, we gave her a gift.  Maybe not the gift everyone wanted for her, hell maybe not even the gift she wanted most but in my eyes and probably in the eyes of our character it was a great and valuable gift.  We took her in when her own father acted like he didn't want her and we have been a very good friend in my honest opinion.  Sure Alice has to overcome the temporary hurdle of unfamiliarity with her body but we took away her fears, gave her  power and immortality barring death by violence.  She has a very long time to grow in harmony with her gift and she has a lot more opportunity for experiencing life now than she would have had as a mortal human.  If Rox and Alice really love each other, then they will find a way to make things work and if not then they never really loved each other in the first place.  Alice has a long time to find that special someone and all the better if we work our way in there.

Sorry if that seemed like a rant.  Don't know why it even bothers me but I just feel like we did what most of us felt was right at the time but it's never enough if some people don't get what they feel is right.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 26, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

She never tried to save Alice from tortures and forced marriage. So I really doubt that
Did Rox even know about it?
It's entirely possible that I forgot about that if she did.

Whatever we do we shouldn't tell Foghorn about romantic affair between Rox and Alice.
I thought he already knew...

I am against  converting Rox, that is bad for many reasons:

1) Foghorn
2) Weird love triangle will create problems
True. Possibly.

3) Alice may get upset that we want to raise our power and convert her love just to use for our cause. She is overprotective about Rox
4) Alice and Rox may break up (most likely they will) Considering their characters they may become fierce rivals
Aren't most of our arguments for converting Rox so the two of them can stay together? Wouldn't this affect their feelings towards us and each other?

5) If Rox will ever fall in love with a male... she'll hate us because they will not be able to have a child ( that's true for Alice, too. But it's too late to change anything)
Alice is a lesbian, it was never an issue for her. I thought Rox was, too?

Can some people please stop acting like Alice has had a horrible curse inflicted on her that will forever ruin her life and any chance she has at happiness?  We didn't punish Alice, we gave her a gift.  Maybe not the gift everyone wanted for her, hell maybe not even the gift she wanted most but in my eyes and probably in the eyes of our character it was a great and valuable gift.  We took her in when her own father acted like he didn't want her and we have been a very good friend in my honest opinion.  Sure Alice has to overcome the temporary hurdle of unfamiliarity with her body but we took away her fears, gave her  power and immortality barring death by violence.  She has a very long time to grow in harmony with her gift and she has a lot more opportunity for experiencing life now than she would have had as a mortal human.  If Rox and Alice really love each other, then they will find a way to make things work and if not then they never really loved each other in the first place.  Alice has a long time to find that special someone and all the better if we work our way in there.
Sorry if that seemed like a rant.  Don't know why it even bothers me but I just feel like we did what most of us felt was right at the time but it's never enough if some people don't get what they feel is right.
Aside from the flaming wings, it was a good gift. We did make her life...different, at least. Once she gets over the issues with being partly bound to us and figures out how to live with the flaming wings (which I am surprised she hasn't burnt anything with yet--does she sleep on a stone floor?), she'll be better off than she was before. Probably.
I still think it would have been better to give her the Left Stone gift, which would give the same benefits plus an independent life without having flaming wings, but whatever.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 26, 2012, 11:32:01 pm »

Spoiler: Rant about Alice (click to show/hide)
______
Did Rox even know about it?
It's entirely possible that I forgot about that if she did.
She was the one who told us about it

I thought he already knew...
He threw Alice in torturing device for being a lesbian... How do you think, what would he do with someone who "seduced" his little daughter?
He didn't even knows that we know that Alice is a lesbian and I think it would we better if that will stay the same

Aren't most of our arguments for converting Rox so the two of them can stay together? Wouldn't this affect their feelings towards us and each other?
That will affect. In some unpredictable way.

Alice is a lesbian, it was never an issue for her. I thought Rox was, too?
Pure homosexuality is very rare for women.

Eternity is a long enough time to switch

Alice is 16 year old... that's only the beginning of sexuality.

It may be only result of teenager rebelliousness against social norms

Consorts are changed by conversion, some instincts are added. I am sure that if turn on any gift near Alice she will do whatever is needed for mating( that's a form of a rape, but still)

I see no reasons to assume that Rox is a lesbian and not a bi
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:35:40 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 26, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »

Pure homosexuality is very rare for women.

Heh, this is not true.
You may be confused by the numbers of women who engage in lesbian activities in order to "lure male mates". This is a thing documented in more than one species, but it does not mean that genuine lesbianism is any more rare than male homosexuality.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 26, 2012, 11:55:30 pm »

Spoiler: huge offtop (click to show/hide)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:30 am »

See, that is what pisses me off about your arguments.  You're basing your decisions on the assumption that Alice is not really lesbian and will change later.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 27, 2012, 12:24:07 am »

I think it's  probable that she isn't a pure lesbian. As a poker player I am used to base me decisions on probabilities
And I base my suggestions on views of my version of the character , who surely thinks that sex can't be that unpleasant to not mate when it's needed

Looks like my hopes for impregnating Alice with the left stone are pointless... it will be denied

anyway we badly need an update to stop the new chapter of derailing

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143