Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215493 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1830 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:34 pm »

Rox isn't even here...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 27, 2012, 02:14:58 pm »

.... No funny suggestions. No any suggestions... Only the same discussion again and again.
Let's fastforward to the feast somehow

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:18:51 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 27, 2012, 02:26:48 pm »

Using Eon manipulation?  :P

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 27, 2012, 03:14:15 pm »

Patience Ukranian, this game isn't going anywhere, and the GM has a life too, in  the meantime we can still chat about the game and make suggestions, even if they arn't the most inspired suggestions, they are so because of the point of the game we are currently at.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 27, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »

What's there to suggest?  As Mlamlah has pointed out we aren't really doing anything and we already have the feast planned out.  Besides long term plans there is not much to go over.

Unless of course you had a suggestion?  What do you think we should be doing UR?  Is there something I'm missing?  Btw I'm not being patronizing or anything, I'm serious about those questions.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 27, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »

Only thing i can really think of is maybe talking to cheryln, and asking her if she found anything at the ranch, and if she got the platinum to leaf.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 27, 2012, 05:47:25 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 27, 2012, 06:18:38 pm »

Edit: Wrong thread... oops

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 27, 2012, 06:20:01 pm »

you destroyed my hopes for an update

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 27, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »

Yeah. Sorry bout that. I've got to tweak some things on my Pokemon Game, and then I will get to this.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 27, 2012, 06:27:07 pm »

Yeah, I was about to ask why the GM was posting an action...

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:23 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You follow Cherlyn down to the dungeon and watch her unload a pair of elf children into the cells. They seem to be 7ish, but since elves age slowly they are likely in their teens. Once she has them safely in their cells you approach the consort.

"Did you stop by the ranch while you were gone?" You ask.

Cherlyn smiles. "Indeed I did. Left Leaf the platinum bar."

"Any messages from him?"

"None that I couldn't handle dear."

You blink, before going off on a bit of a rant. "What did he say? What do you mean handle? Why didn't you run it through me? You little p-"

Cherlyn smacks you in the face, snaping you out of your rage before it reaches your father's level of wrath. "Leaf was my only friend from back when I was trying to be an elf. We have similar interests. Namely money. He would sometimes give me jobs, and I would sometimes use him as a fence. I would have likely married him if his damn father wasn't intent on getting him out of town. I think I am qualified to deal with him for you."

"What did he say?"

The consort laughs. "Don't worry your silly little head about it dear. He had gotten word from his father that the old fellow was coming back with a potential father in law for him to meet. I went out to Dawnmaiden and got him two vials of poison. One that is lethal and will kill both his father and the guest, and one that is just sickening, and will avert suspicion when he puts it in his own food. Surviving an assassination attempt should further boost his standing in the community to boot."

You shake your head, not sure if you should be impressed by Cherlyn's brilliance, or pissed at her insubordination. You decide to just leave her alone for the moment and go to the magic mirror. You inform Foghorn that you are ready for the feast, and he promises to be over by sunrise with a good chunk of his family.

Rescuing your son from a religious lecture by Kelpmier, you hold the baby troll tight to your chest and tell him the story of the time his mommy and daddy were ambushed by unicorns. You stretch the truth a bit, and your version of the tale ends with Gwendolyn and yourself standing triumphantly upon a pile of 50 dead equines.

---

Rox, Jimma, and Alice arrive at about 3:00 AM. When Rox hears that Foghorn will by around by dawn, she quickly gets to work prepareing the badgers she caught for consumption.

You ask the new consort how things went, and she shakes her head. "Okay I guess. We spent most of the time down there trying to iron out issues not even related to my recent transformation. She is hard to deal with at times. Animal people don't follow the same logic and morals as us humans... erm... and former humans. I'll miss living with her, but a good part of me is glad I don't have to anymore."

Deciding not to pry you spend the rest of the night until dawn getting your story straight with Gwen about the unicorns. It takes a village to properly lie to a child. You wonder how many of your own father's stories were true...

---

Foghorn arrives at dawn with a fairly large party. You listen patiently as the old sorcerer makes the introductions. You have already met Esmeralda, his oldest living daughter and heir.

His next oldest is Skylar. Skylar is not a mage but an engineer and mechanic. She is married and owns a shop in a distant human town, but has come home to help her father maintain some of his tower's defenses.

Skylar's twin brother is Edgar. Edgar was once considered to be Foghorn's heir, but when he was around Alice's age he was captured by the nearby town. His captors tortured him for weeks before Foghorn could free him, rendering him both mute and impotent. Unable to recite incantations or to produce heirs of his own Edgar moved to the tower basement in shame. Although incapable of most casting, Foghorn assures you that the young man is a student of theoretical magic. He possess a rich knowledge in almost every magical school, and is a master at the mathematical planning phases of rituals and enchantments.

Frostberry is Alice's mother and a powerful witch of the south. She flew over as fast as she could to meet you upon hearing of her daughter's conversion. She has an air of prim and proper poise about her, which is broken by a scowl when you introduce Jimma. She lets out a chilling laugh upon learning that the once proud champion has been reduced to a mindless puppet.

Dinner starts off well. Since most of the guests are evil witches or warlocks they are more than glad to join in the act of torturing the two elf kids to season their meat. Only Skylar asks to leave the room, but she returns once the elves have been consumed and it is the human's turn to eat. The family reunion goes off without a hitch; everybody dotes on Alice, and she even gets a new bow as a gift from her mother. Alice is thrilled to learn that the enchanted weapon is capable of producing it's own ammo.

Eventually the pleasantries die down, and Foghorn gets down to business. "Alright. We still need to stop Vindel from marrying some floozy and running off. I need that damn enchanter HERE. I have a plan to get you that bitch for yourself. It will be nice and bloody."

You nod. "I have no serious objection to bloody."

The old mage smirks. "Good. Then this is what you will do. Put the retreat of Oakworshiped under seige. Hit them hard and hit them often. Make them fear the night."

"Sounds like fun" Cherlyn butts in "But what does that have to do with kidnapping a specific noble brat?"

"I didn't know Fellsoil was in the habit of letting his consorts speak for him. Hold your damn tounge girl." Foghorn scolds before answering her question. "I've done some research on this Clairia girl. She has an assigned guardian to look out for her well being. Huge brute. Part troll. Cave troll, not your kind of troll of course. You need to kill him in the chaos. Once he is dead, there will be nobody to look out for Clairia's best interests in the noble house. At that point I'll step in and act as an intermediary, negotiating peace on your behalf. If I mention you are looking for good quality women, and Clairia's guardian isn't around to object, there is a good chance they will just offer her as part of the deal without me even having to ask for her by name."

Cherlyn pouts, and you can't help but smirk.

"Anyway, do you think you are up for this? If so what kind of support would you require from me?"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:29:37 am by Weirdsound »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 28, 2012, 01:46:51 am »

"I could use something big and flashy, something that could produce a large distraction, though the distraction need not cause casualties. It merely needs to draw a lot of attention. We should hit them hard in the first attack, and then harry them for a time using a specific strategy. If they still need a push, we attack them again, with a radically different strategy than we previously utilized."
Stop Cherlyn from talking if she chooses to again.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 28, 2012, 01:56:24 am »

Oh, and mention that if our consort has something worthy to say, we allow them to say it. That at this time they didn't, doesn't mean they won't in the future!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 28, 2012, 02:43:19 am »

We should position Leaf as the other negotiator in the conflict, it's probably possible - after all, he's a war hero already from being the sole survivor of our raid, plus the influence of his inherited position once the poison gets rid of his father.

With Foghorn, our patron, on one side and our ally Leaf on the other, we guarentee that the agreement will go as planned, and our secret ally gains further influence.

First off though, we should send Cheryl out to sabotage the town's defenses. Steal weapons, poison those of particular prowess, take healing potions and magic items.

Before we send her however, we should have a conversation regarding her conduct - explain that we are happy to respect her independant spirit and initiative, but that striking us or embarassing us like she did in front of Foghorn will have consequences - imply that if we wished, we could make her more obedient, but that we - so far - have abstained from doing so to enhance her usefulness ( after all, she doesn't know much Night Troll lore. However, we should ask the merfolk chick to confirm the fact just in case Cheryl decides to check it with her)

As for Foghorn's question of what support we might require from him, imo we should ask that he tutor us and Alice in Fire Manipulation, or barring that, at least provide a few textbooks on the subject.

Also inquire what sort of rituals his son has knowledge of, and whether a ritual exists that could bolster the tower's defenses - we could gather ample souls and raw material for such a ritual during the upcoming raids. And/Or, since he apparently is versed in almost every field of magic, inquire about learning Necromancy - or at least about magic that can influence the mind.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:07:20 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143