Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215480 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1845 on: December 28, 2012, 08:21:04 am »

If Foghorn wants an enchanter we can do two things: one is securing the Vindel and the other way is offering Gwen to enchant things for Foghorn as long as she is able to stay with us.
If Gwen would have to move, we would need to make sure Vindel stays in Dawnmaiden. I think attacking the city would be counter intuitive because it would make Vindel want to leave. Also sieging the city seems costly in both lives and resources, both which we are limited to at the moment. Finally the girl is not worth it as she is a minor, has a guardian, and not in the direct line of succession for the throne (she just related to the royal family I believe). A much better way is to just have a talk with Vindel or capturing him (last resort as he can refuse to work).
Max avatar size is 80x80

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 28, 2012, 09:42:37 am »

I like Mlamlah's, Descan's, and Corrupter's ideas.

I suggest we be impressed by Cherlyn's cleverness and a bit worried by her... independence isn't the right word, but something about how she uses it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 28, 2012, 10:35:48 am »

I suggest we be impressed by Cherlyn's cleverness and a bit worried by her... independence isn't the right word, but something about how she uses it.
We should be glad, Initiative is always good, we just need to make sure she doesn't use it against us,  perhaps a present?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:35 pm »

We should be glad, Initiative is always good, we just need to make sure she doesn't use it against us,  perhaps a present?
Perhaps...but we DID give her that platinum bar to spend on herself...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »

No, she does need to hold her tongue when it is not a good time for her to speak.  She can decide if she wants to help out, but she shouldn't interrupt like that.  She isn't quite as good at negotiating as we are.  As evidenced by her... diction and obvious frustration with Foggy.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 28, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »

I disagree, Foghorns out of line, he's treating our consorts as animals, I don't like this guy.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 28, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »

On the other hand, Cherlyn is disrespectful and uncouth, she's gone as far as striking us, like *we're* being impudent, if she hits us, we should hit her back, we can't allow her to step so far out of line.

Once Foghorn is gone we can explain that Foghorn could quite easily refine her into a fine layer of dust if he so pleased, and that she should not push her luck with him.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 28, 2012, 02:02:40 pm »

It was a playful slap wasn't it? That's fine, but we should warn her about Foghorn.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 28, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »

Yeah, remember that Cherlyn is not Gwen.  She's being openly insubordinate and rude. 

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 28, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »

Maybe Cherlyn should have been the puppet...
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 28, 2012, 02:31:58 pm »

My personal suggestion: Use the Drought of Perception Blotting to make ourselves invisible to elves. Walk into town. Kill as many as we can before the potion wears off. Quaff a second potion and escape.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 28, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

My personal suggestion: Use the Drought of Perception Blotting to make ourselves invisible to elves. Walk into town. Kill as many as we can before the potion wears off. Quaff a second potion and escape.
Can we leave an evil note in elf blood?
Something like, we are your new gods, leave 5 maidens of skill by (Safe location) every harvest and we shall not smite you?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:01:01 pm by anailater »
So how are you today?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 28, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »

GM, you are a master. This story is awesome.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 28, 2012, 03:03:58 pm »

Can we leave an evil note in elf blood?
Something like, we are your new gods, leave 5 maidens of skill by (Safe location) every harvest and we shall not smite you?
Can we get five+ gifts every year, or are you planning to eat most of them?
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 28, 2012, 03:32:02 pm »

We've had lots of gifts so far this past month or two, and we would eat one or two of them.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 143