Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215455 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1860 on: December 28, 2012, 03:44:38 pm »

Can we keep that rate up once we start settling down?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 28, 2012, 03:56:50 pm »

Perhaps, if not we kill them all anyway.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 28, 2012, 04:04:56 pm »

Potion plan isn't perfect. Elves willn't see us but other races will
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:05 pm »

Even with the potion plan i think we need a bigass distraction to keep our killcount up and still stay in one piece.

If we're going to make demands let's make the demands a little easier for them to meet. Even one a year would be sufficient, perhaps alongside livestock. We don't need so much in tribute, and such a significant tribute would cause problems further down the line.
We could also set ourself in place as a kind of benefactor long term, depending on treaty negotiations.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:07:01 pm by Mlamlah »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 28, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »

If we are going to start getting into conflicts with the local towns, can we please learn necromancy or at least ask foghorn about any local human or animal people populations we could "recruit."

I'd rather lose a couple expendable zombies or recruited soldiers than any of our consorts.

Oh and last thing, are we going to give foghorn the box?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:55 pm »

Who could teach us necromancy?

I think so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 29, 2012, 12:08:04 am »

I figured foghorn could but maybe I'm wrong.

His son supposedly knows all forms off magic and just can't practice it due to his disabilities.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 29, 2012, 12:15:57 am »

Well, there's only one disability preventing him from casting, and it's one that also inhibits his communicative abilities as well.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 29, 2012, 12:17:19 am »

Maybe we should learn telepathy, so we can learn magic from him.
Or, less cool but also simpler, sign language.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 29, 2012, 12:28:12 am »

Why the constant insistence on necromancy?
No word on wether foghorn is a necromancer, he's never said or done anything that would indicate that, and we've never seen him with an undead.
There are other much simpler ways to get expendable servants, and an attention grabbing entourage goes directly against our stealthy skillset, necromancy doesn't help us a whole lot.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:00 am »

Exactly.  We'd be better off impressing animalmen tribes.  I think you'll find living minions (that are part beast) much better at tasks than brainless and rotting zed.  Also far less conspicuous.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 29, 2012, 12:47:14 am »

We should ask Foghorn to extract bogeymen for us.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 29, 2012, 12:49:17 am »

"What is that foul smell?"
"A horde of foul creatures approaches."
"Ah, it is good that they are slow in both body and wit, we have time to prepare for their arrival, and we know that even the simplest strategy will leave them defeated."
"Indeed, i will have the pit traps dug and filled with pitch, that we may set the helpless creatures alight."
"That sounds like a fine plan, it is a wonder that necromancers think that such creatures alone can be a threat to anyone with a clear head on shoulders."

EDIT: Come to think of it, those boogeymen themselves would make a fine distraction if we released them tactically, and being night creatures we could convince them that we set the creatures upon them, and have the power to control them to at least some extent.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:51:36 am by Mlamlah »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:31 am »

We and our consorts need utility skills. Telepathy is good. Any form of divination magic is good. Fire manipulation is good.  Healing magic is good.
Necromancy can't help us in the upcoming operation

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 29, 2012, 01:02:51 am »

Though created servants who know no loyalty but to us would be nice.

Therefore I propose we search out Golemancy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143