Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215452 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1905 on: December 29, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »

Also killing many people that have not done anything to us will give people the 'right' of go off and kill all the night trolls in to world like they did a few hundred years ago. We can't just become a monster just because people became monsters to kill all the night trolls in the world (night troll babies, children, physically or mentally impaired, or even trolls that were integrated with mortals).

Ask the Foghorn family if they know anything on the night troll genocide.
Err... I'm not really sure what you mean here, could you clarify?
If we kill a bunch of people, people will want to kill us. We don't want to be killed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 29, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »

As i've pointed out, zombies are next to useless when fielded against any intelligent opponent.

Perhaps we should prepare defences before we go on the offensive?

I disagree about them being useless.  They may be less useful on a 1-1 ratio than most other combatants but they do have their own advantages, naming superior numbers and moral.  Also we don't know that they would be any slower or less tactically capable than any other soldier.  I wouldn't recommend sending them in alone but they could make a nice addition to our forces.

I do agree necromancy isn't a necessity but if we continue our present course of action, I believe we will need SOME manner of raising larger numbers of troops.

Preparing defenses is a fantastic idea.  It would be silly to not have anything prepared in the case of a counter attack.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »

Ah.  But aren't we kinda the very definition of monster?  What else do you call a people that can't live without killing and converting sentient beings?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 29, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »

Ah.  But aren't we kinda the very definition of monster?  What else do you call a people that can't live without killing and converting sentient beings?

Haha sounds like religion gone bad.
Sure thing peanut man!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 29, 2012, 02:27:18 pm »

Haha sounds like religion gone bad.
Took me a second to get that. :P

On that note, do you think we could get some people by going door to door in a nice white suit and tie?  Maybe take Foggy with us? :P

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:17 pm »

I wholeheartedly support this plan  :D

Preach the good word!
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 29, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »

First problem that comes to mind is that Foghorn isn't very well-liked.Second problem is that we don't have access to suits or ties of any color. Third problem is, that plan's insane.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 29, 2012, 02:33:52 pm »

I know.  I just love Mormon jokes.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 29, 2012, 02:37:33 pm »

I'll sum up what i think we should do. Give our gift to Foghorn, request some kind of significant distraction for our initial attack. Prepare defenses, firstly a trench, we can practice using our staff (EDIT: SPEAR why do i keep doing that?) to accomplish this.
Prepare attack.

I think an attack might be beneficial because it gives us a powerful reputation in the immediate area, and a negotiation allows us to gain a foothold into the elven towns, set us up to peacefully interact with the elves, we could even set ourselves up as a kind of dark benefactor trading in favors. Example: We are an Eon manipulator, we could ask tips from foghorn and then ply a trade among humans and dwarves to let them live longer, more youthfully, i'm sure that there is a lot of pressure to in a predominantly elven society in regards to age.

Once all is said and done i think we should talk to Foghorn, make it clear to him that we arn't his servant, but that at the same time we consider him our friend, and that we appreciate partnership with him.

The small issue of Cherlyn, i think her initiative can be appreciated, but her impudence is unacceptable, how are we to assert authority over her? 

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 29, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »

I'll sum up what i think we should do. Give our gift to Foghorn, request some kind of significant distraction for our initial attack. Prepare defenses, firstly a trench, we can practice using our staff (EDIT: SPEAR why do i keep doing that?) to accomplish this.
Prepare attack.

I think an attack might be beneficial because it gives us a powerful reputation in the immediate area, and a negotiation allows us to gain a foothold into the elven towns, set us up to peacefully interact with the elves, we could even set ourselves up as a kind of dark benefactor trading in favors. Example: We are an Eon manipulator, we could ask tips from foghorn and then ply a trade among humans and dwarves to let them live longer, more youthfully, i'm sure that there is a lot of pressure to in a predominantly elven society in regards to age.

Once all is said and done i think we should talk to Foghorn, make it clear to him that we arn't his servant, but that at the same time we consider him our friend, and that we appreciate partnership with him.

The small issue of Cherlyn, i think her initiative can be appreciated, but her impudence is unacceptable, how are we to assert authority over her?

We aren't Foghorn's servant but until he asks us to do something crazy dangerous or that we are extremely apposed to, why bring the subject up?
He hasn't treated us like a servant and in fact has given us a lot of leeway and space to do whatever it is we want.  Maybe we should just try and keep things on an upbeat note unless we have to.

An direct attack on the community isn't a good idea unless we have the manpower to back it up, hence my multiple suggestions for either recruiting soldiers or creating soldiers.  So until we get that kind of power I would like to remain subtle and hopefully alive.

Tower defenses are quite an agreeable idea as I said before, so that's good.

Giving the gift to Foghorn is a good idea and might be an opportune time to ask about where we can either recruit soldiers or learn magic to make soldiers for offensive and defensive measures.

Cheryln is getting out of hand but also seems to be one of the more useful and intelligent consorts we have.  We should talk to her and assert authority but be respectful and tell her that while we appreciate her many talents and her intelligence, we can't have her challenging our authority, especially openly in front of others like Foghorn.

Does eon manipulation work like that?  Can we make people younger?  Sounds like a good long term plan if that does work but I still think that's a more long term goal and we might be better off opening shop somewhere else instead of so close to our enemies.  Might be a good chance to get in good terms with the humans or dwarves.
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 29, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

Treat her like a person, she will grow to like us and stop complaining.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 29, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »

Useful yes, intelligent, no.  She talks without thinking.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 29, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »

Theirs a difference between intelligence and an attitude problem.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 29, 2012, 03:05:46 pm »

It's not just an attitude problem.  It's important to know when to talk and when to remain silent.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 29, 2012, 03:42:10 pm »

Prepare attack.

We aren't Foghorn's servant but until he asks us to do something crazy dangerous or that we are extremely apposed to, why bring the subject up?
He hasn't treated us like a servant and in fact has given us a lot of leeway and space to do whatever it is we want.  Maybe we should just try and keep things on an upbeat note unless we have to.

An direct attack on the community isn't a good idea unless we have the manpower to back it up, hence my multiple suggestions for either recruiting soldiers or creating soldiers.  So until we get that kind of power I would like to remain subtle and hopefully alive.

Tower defenses are quite an agreeable idea as I said before, so that's good.

Giving the gift to Foghorn is a good idea and might be an opportune time to ask about where we can either recruit soldiers or learn magic to make soldiers for offensive and defensive measures.

Cheryln is getting out of hand but also seems to be one of the more useful and intelligent consorts we have.  We should talk to her and assert authority but be respectful and tell her that while we appreciate her many talents and her intelligence, we can't have her challenging our authority, especially openly in front of others like Foghorn.

Does eon manipulation work like that?  Can we make people younger?  Sounds like a good long term plan if that does work but I still think that's a more long term goal and we might be better off opening shop somewhere else instead of so close to our enemies.  Might be a good chance to get in good terms with the humans or dwarves.
Good point on the subject of Foghorn, maybe best to let it lie for the moment. 
We've never made any attack directly, even our raid on that town had a whole bunch of things going on at once, which is a good thing. We do need manpower to attack directly, but even if we get manpower i *don't* think we should attack directly. frontal assaults are a waste of resources, we should keep fighting smart.
Eon manipulation seems to work that way, as Foghorn does so to prepare for bed.

After we've discussed the attack, that's when we should give him a gift, along with a short speech declaring him and his kin our friends and allies.

I don't think we should be cruel to her (Cherlyn), but maybe we should sit down with her and talk about the folly of attitude in regards to those such as Foghorn, something like. "Cherlyn, i understand you are a free spirit and don't wish to oppress you if i do not have to, but you must understand that Foghorn is powerful. Very Powerful. If he so wished it would take him but a moment to make you into nothing more than a memory, he also has a temper. If you anger him overmuch i could not guarantee your safety, and while i would have you unharmed i'm not sure i would want to stand between him and you. You should not test the patience of one as powerful as Foghorn, he deserves respect, i would say fear if you were capable of it. In case that becomes no longer possible, then at least make me want to protect you, i am not your enemy, accord me enough respect to let me remain your guardian."

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:44:39 pm by Mlamlah »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 143