Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215462 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1950 on: December 31, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »

Accept Foghorn's offer, but ask for Alice to stick with us until the attack at least. We could use her covering us.

Sharpen our skills with earth manipulation and in combat with the spear, sparring and creating some sort of moat, both just in case.

And yes, family time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »

We can teach Alice some very basic fire manipulation ourself
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »

Emphasis on "very basic." We don't know a lot and we're not that good of teachers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 31, 2012, 08:31:44 pm »

Quality time with wife, seriously.  It doesn't need to be too detailed but we could probably find something to do.  Been a while since Gwen has been more than a device with which to solve our various problems.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:22 pm »

Of course we need to spend time with Gwen! We also need to worry about practical matters. Still, save time for the family.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 02, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »

>>
<<

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 02, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

We should bring either a bear or a bird with us as a mount for the raid.  BATTLE BEARS bum bum bum.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

Are we even in possession of any adult bears? Or rideable, war-trained birds?
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 02, 2013, 07:56:02 pm »

I think we captured bears before didn't we?  I know we do own lovebirds, which I was under the impression are quite large and rideable.  Maybe I just got the wrong impression though.
Sure thing peanut man!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 02, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

Bears are still in training, i mentioned having gwen train birds for riding, i think it would allow us to build better fortifications, if we used the birds as the sole form of transporting allies over them.

In any case, riding such creatures into battle would ruin our currently essential skill of stealth.

I'm not sure mentioning it would be beneficial. But we happen to have a full suit of armor fitted for us in our basement.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:08:41 pm by Mlamlah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: January 02, 2013, 08:26:45 pm »

I think we captured bears before didn't we?
I think they were cubs, weren't they?

I know we do own lovebirds, which I was under the impression are quite large and rideable.  Maybe I just got the wrong impression though.
I was under the impression that mounts needed combat training so they wouldn't spook.

I'm not sure mentioning it would be beneficial. But we happen to have a full suit of armor fitted for us in our basement.
We should at least practice moving in it. Whether or not we actually use it in battle will wait to be seen...
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:30 pm »

I remembered someone suggesting that we train the birds, I guess we didn't though.  Yeah you're right I think they are cubs.  Hmm well nvm my idea.

We should probably train with our armor before we use it in combat.

Someone mentioned Foghorn's forces helping us in the fight.  I thought we were the only ones going in or is he in fact sending in others along with us?
Sure thing peanut man!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:49 pm »

Seems like he wants to flex his newly formed muscles so I think we could get some help out of him.  (by newly formed it seems like he is just now starting to get off of the ground power wise)
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:18 am »

I think that his offer of assistance was not a promise to directly commit forces in our attack.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: January 03, 2013, 05:19:19 am »

I think that his offer of assistance was not a promise to directly commit forces in our attack.
Perhaps then we should plainly ask him what sort of assistance he can provide for the mission - the fire manipulation tutor for Alice is all very well and good but such training wouldn't be feasible before the raid.

When Cheryl returns (assuming things didn't go horribly wrong) we should plan out the particulars of the attack with the new intel - if the village guards happen to have a barracks or guardhouse of some kind I propose that it be our first target in our sneak attack. Cripple the towns defense thusly, then move to slaughter the target's guardian troll as Foghorn requested.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 143