Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215534 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1995 on: January 08, 2013, 04:19:42 pm »

I certainly hope not, this thread actually inspired me to start a project of my own. (Though, the project might have been too ambitious, it's a lot of work, and i feel guilty for not having it ready yet.)
Same here. I was planning to start a forum game. You?
i was planning on being the alchemist or something

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: January 08, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

I certainly hope not, this thread actually inspired me to start a project of my own. (Though, the project might have been too ambitious, it's a lot of work, and i feel guilty for not having it ready yet.)
Been working on a choose-your-own-adventure app for a while heh. Programming's all done for it, just working on the writing now.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »

Been working on a choose-your-own-adventure app for a while heh. Programming's all done for it, just working on the writing now.
Sounds cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 08, 2013, 05:40:22 pm »

It did not die. Just got some new games to keep me occupied. Sorry.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: January 08, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »

Good, you had us all worried  ;)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

Glad to hear it

Sounds cool.
Thanks! ^^

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 09, 2013, 03:16:59 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reposting just in case (with small update)

1) Order our ghost to make gauntlets, helmets and boots, any unused metal is bad. Any body protection is good
2) Train armed combat, friendly sparring is always good way to improve relations and we need to not rely only on our magic. Train armor usage, too

Covering the hands is a great way to retard one's ability to cast, and your feet and lower legs tend to distort and dislocate while spring jumping (rendering heavy metal boots a bad idea), so you head down to the forge and remind the ghost that you want some proper helmets.

As a sneaky thief you doubt Cherlyn would appreciate anything other than a small helmet that could be concealed under her hood. Anything else would either be noisy, restrict her movement and dexterity, or both. You order the same for her as you do for yourself.

Alice is around, so you consult with her on her armor choices. She has never used metal armor before, and figures it would be cumbersome to fly in. She refuses even a helmet, but promises to acquire leather armor to cover as much of her body as her wings allow.

Gwendolyn also informs you that she would not be comfortable in metal armor, but at least you are able to convince her to take a helmet. You also tell her that she can go back to using her wooden swords. She sheepishly informs you that she threw a fit and snapped both of them, and will need your help collecting souls for future enchantments.

Jimma is well outfitted for combat in her chain armor, but informs you that she is trained and comfortable in full plate armor should you ever need her to give up mobility for durability. You doubt there is enough metal around to cloth the puppet in full plate, but you make a note to remember the option for the future.

The ghostly smith tells you he should have the gear ready in about 24 hours, and you leave to train. First, since you already have some practice in the area, you borrow one of Gwendolyn's swords and fence with her for awhile. You spend several hours having your ass thoroughly handed to you in spar after spar without learning much before deciding to try something different. 1d20 = 10 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 7

Concluding that you might as well make use of the artifact you have been delt, you decide to devote some time to practicing with the spear. You decide to spar with Jimma, who is more than skilled enough to parry your blows and keep you on your feet. You quickly learn how lucky you were to have caught her with your trap; the puppet is a fierce combatant and not one you would like to face.

As you train frustration grows, you have not been able to win an exchange with either of your sparing partners all day. Eventually you stab the tip of the artifact weapon into the ground in a small fit of rage. The spear sparks you with powerful magical energy in response, turning more of your possessions into sand. 1d20 = 1 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 2(Artifact = 0

Cherlyn returns with good news. "Oakworshiped should be a simple task now. I burned their stockpile of wooden arms and armor, and managed to lure away and discreetly kill a few notable guards. With any luck nobody will even know they are missing for a few days. To make things even better I managed to get hold of a guard's skeleton key. Such a key should be able to get us into any residential tree in town that isn't smart enough to enchant the locks." 1d20 = 16 + 5(Minion is Very Well Suited for Task) = 21

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 09, 2013, 03:52:39 am »

"Good job, if you found anything for yourself you can keep it."
(We should go into the forest to find people for souls.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 09, 2013, 06:02:39 am »

That.... damned.... spear....

Well the most important roll was good...
Of cause we should infiltrate the city soon... Ask.... Foghorn for some bad weather, we need more darkness
Maybe we should force Jimma to give birth first by hunting around Oakworshiped first

I suggest to leave one consort behind, to protect our son. Who knows what can happen?

1) Cherlyn
No-no-no.....

2) Gwen...
Turning her into a housewife  like that may make her mad, and her skills are good for infiltration

3) Jimma
She is pregnant, and that will lead to problems mid combat. She will not object to staying here... but we'll lose our best combatant and should we die during the battle, who knows what will the former elf do...

4) Alice... She is the best candidate for escaping with son, should something bad happen... If we  impregnate her, then we'll keep two most valuable gifts safe... She isn't good at infiltrating in her current form, and  I like fire support from above, but Oakworshiped should have some capable archers, that can hit a bright figure in the sky
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 09, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

Our primary target of the raid, the troll, is now accessible due to the skeleton key Cheryl linked - I think we and Cheryl should start the raid off by trying to assassinate him, with Alice and Jimma nearby waiting to assist if the alarm is sounded.

Oh, and if we could steal a wagon of some sort beforehand, that would make escaping with food + potential consorts + loot much easier.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 09, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »

What gender is the troll?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

Male and 1/4th troll 3/4th elf.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 09, 2013, 03:25:52 pm »

Damn, suppose its horrible torture then.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 09, 2013, 05:49:04 pm »

Better question: WHAT troll? I thought we were going for whats-her-name, who Vindel and that elf we killed both liked.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 09, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

Better question: WHAT troll? I thought we were going for whats-her-name, who Vindel and that elf we killed both liked.

Yeah, she has a part troll bodyguard who is with her at all times.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 143