Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215473 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #2040 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »

Not if we wound few... and then torture

What I'd rather avoid - fighting with humans... I hoped to make our antielf and have rather friendly relationships with humans

those are uniformed, so they are a part of some group
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 22, 2013, 09:35:17 pm »

Speed up time for us, so they seem slow in comparison, then break all their legs and skin them alive one by one.  When we finish we can make them into a stew for the whole family to enjoy.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 22, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

Use eon manipulation in one of those creative ways to optimize our fear:injury ratio.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:29 pm »

See if we can target their weapons and fling them into the future, even if only as far as a minute or so.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:21 pm »

Perhaps we don't want to make yet another enemy just yet. Fling their weapons into the future if possible, but either way explain that we don't want to earn the ire of their people, and that their people don't want to earn our ire either.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:55 pm »

Perhaps we don't want to make yet another enemy just yet. Fling their weapons into the future if possible, but either way explain that we don't want to earn the ire of their people, and that their people don't want to earn our ire either.
Oh, right, we haven't run into the human nations yet. +1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 23, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »

Agree to not making new enemy. We have enough

If we do come in contact with them try diplomacy to avoid combat
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 23, 2013, 04:45:47 pm »

Wow yeah humans haha... my bad, for some reason I immediately thought elves.  So yeah diplomacy +1
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 23, 2013, 06:04:50 pm »

Diplomacy! We believe that all men were created equal! Except for elves but we can make them equal!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deciding to avoid fighting with humans, you spread your arms and focus on their weapons. With in a matter of moments each of their blades vanishes in a green flash. Additional smaller flashes imply that your spell may have hit their sheathed side arms as well. 1d20 = 15 + 5(Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 21

The humans, astonished, turn and notice your party. Unarmed and spooked, they approach slowly. As they draw close and they discover with what they are dealing, and you feel spikes of fear rise from them. They stand in amazement, unsure whether or not to flee, and you address them before they have the chance to make up their minds.

"Have no fear gentlemen." they are all men. And look to be related. "I mean you no harm. I am a foe to the elves, not the humans."

"Then what have you done with our weapons?" Asks one.

"Removed them for the time being. I doubt my consorts and I could have gotten past you unnoticed, nor did I have confidence in the fact that you wouldn't attack a night monster on sight. They will re-appear where they vanished in a few hours tops. Now tell me boys, I am curious, what are doing out here in uniform? Are you involved with that army over by the human town?" 1d20 = 13 + 2(Skill) = 15

The tallest one nods. "We are brothers. Only the oldest, myself, is actually in the army. I procured uniforms and gear for my brothers so we may better deceive and protect against the elves. Our only and much beloved sister is to be wed soon, and we seek to capture and sell into slavery some of the fair folk to pay her dowry. We hunt the same prey. Please let us go in peace."

Contrary to popular belief, Night Trolls are in fact capable of feeling pity and compassion, and you feel sorry for these brothers. This must be their first time elf hunting, and you know they will never catch anything without actually entering the forest. You are not sure if you could convince humans to accompany you on your hunt, or if you would even feel comfortable doing so, but part of you feels that you should somehow help out. If you mention your own raid plans they could take advantage of the chaos and take what they need... or they could warn Oakworshiped in exchange for the money they want.

Gwen however has other ideas.

"I say we kill em love. We can get the souls and fear we need here and now, relax in the woods for a few hours so as not to be suspicious, and then return home with a fabricated tale of our exploits designed to impress the rouge with your speed and ability..."

The humans quake at Gwen's words.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:30:29 pm by Weirdsound »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 23, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

Nah, this is the perfect opportunity to start getting human followers so I say we help them.
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:18 pm »

"No love, it was the elves that almost killed our race not humans, these men kill our enemies, have you not heard the old saying, we should let them live, give them orders to give to their leader and start a diplomatic mission. A strong man can win a fight, a smart man can make the fight win itself"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »

We don't need to kill them to feed, we need some fear...

I suggest to imprison them temporary, scare them gaining all that sweet fear without hurting them too much, then explain that we did that to feed and not kill ones we have no reasons to kill. And that it was a test, we should have learned that they are brave enough to fight elves before taking them into hunt with us

Or kill them with motivation that predator have a moral right to kill ones  that hunt their prey on their territory...

Problem is - I dislike goldhungry followers

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »

We had already planned on seeding allies among the humans, this is a good time to begin to earn a reputation of some benevolence (It may open up the oppurtunity for the trade of slaves for a food/fear source in the future as well.). In the very least we should explain to them that they won't find elves here, and give them a little advice on how to better track their prey. I would also be in support of using them to help us hit the elven settlement.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 23, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

I don't want them to follow us, I want them to introduce us to their leader and for us to get him to follow us, along with everyone who follows him.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 143