Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215542 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #2085 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »

m-a-y-b-e-w-e-s-h-o-u-l-d-,-e-v-e-n-t-h-o-u-gh-s-t-a-r-t-i-n-g-a-n-d-e-n-g-a-g-i-n-g-in-d-e-r-a-i-l-s-i-s-k-i-n-d-a-m-y-t-h-i-n-g
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »

You-know-this-was-my-first-derail-im-quite-happy-with-it.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 26, 2013, 07:37:25 pm »

I-am-developing-quite-the-affinity-for-derailing-good-threads-and-providing-fun-for-all-but-the-mods-and-OP-
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:16 pm »

I regret everything.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 26, 2013, 08:03:27 pm »

I regret everything.
I-REGRET-NOTHIIINNNG-!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:09 am »

(I am pretty sure your first two rolls to dissuade Gwen and calm down the humans after what she said were a 12 and 17 respectively, but I lost both rolls in a tragic copypasta accident)

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"No love, it was the elves that almost killed our race not humans, these men kill our enemies, have you not heard the old saying, we should let them live, give them orders to give to their leader and start a diplomatic mission. A strong man can win a fight, a smart man can make the fight win itself"

Gwen growls and holds her tongue. You can tell she doesn't agree with your decision, but at least she is obeying it. The humans also calm down. In the resulting conversation, you learn that none of them are important enough to introduce you to the town leader, so you move along to a proposal as to how they can get their hands on elves...

Propose this plan to them: they 'bloody' themselves up a bit to look wounded, and 'flee' to the elf settlement, claiming that they were attacked by night trolls and that they managed to wound a few before escaping - thus encouraging the elves to send out a patrol to try to finish off the weakened night troll group, ideally.

If the elves do send out a patrol, we'll strike once they've left, and the humans can strike from inside if an opportunity presents itself.

If the elves do not send the patrol, we'll attack at night and have the humans, as with the other plan, do some backstabbing.

We'll offer them half the prisoners captured in the raid.

After you finish your proposal, the humans huddle together and weigh your offer for a bit before the oldest speaks once more. "I'm afraid you offer isn't sweet enough. We have friends looking for one or maybe two elves. We have no need for potentially many more than that. But that said a massive raid on an entier settlement is worth more than two elves... Do you have anything else to offer?" 1d20 = 6 + 2(Skill) = 8

You consider the humans for a bit. It would be no major issue to offer them more than two slaves worth of platinum, but on the other had a part of you wants to punish the mortal fools for trying to bargain with a night troll.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:04 am »

My offer was more than generous and you mortals should know better than to bargain so selfishly with a night troll.  Have you not realized the extent of my generosity for simply letting you live?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:39 am »

We could of course warn the elves of your presence, we believe our offer is enough.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 27, 2013, 10:39:38 am »

We could of course warn the elves of your presence, we believe our offer is enough.

+1

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:15 am »

We've already told them we're enemies with the elves.  They might call our bluff.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:46 am »

Do they want to risk it though, they could all be killed either way, but the tell the elves way takes longe and has less chance of survival for them.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: January 27, 2013, 11:11:13 am »

I suggest we try to reason a bit with them, including subtle reminders of just who--rather, what--they are trying to bargain with.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: January 27, 2013, 11:12:36 am »

Wait were just calling them humans, are there any females, we can take them an then use her as a bargaining chip, they listen to us and we give her back, if not we eat her or convert her.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:13 am »

What kind of moron takes their female companions along on a trip through night-troll-infested woods? (Unless she's a great fighter, of course...)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they were referred to as brothers at some point. Women are rarely brothers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: January 27, 2013, 11:25:36 am »

Women are rarely brothers.
That's sigworthy

My suggestion: Punish them for bargaining, we need damned food to get the second son, can kill them with no problems and have a moral right to do it.

Then make it look like they were killed and eaten by Elves, Gwen may know some ways to make it look like elven ritual
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 143