Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 215495 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #2100 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:16 am »

I'd advise explaining their mistake before killing them.

Humans who don't hate us and might be future allies/minions is better than some food.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 27, 2013, 11:34:45 am »

Then - scary them... Scary them real hard, just to make them understand what Night Trolls are. And that's still a snack

Tell how we devour our food, describe all tortures we know. Explain how tasty it is when you kill a relative on the eyes of a familiy member... And in the end say " We do that only to elves and other enemies, luckily you aren't my enemies, right?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:37:32 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »

Start off by explaining the less gory stuff. If that fails...UkRa's idea, full stop.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 27, 2013, 12:28:34 pm »

What kind of moron takes their female companions along on a trip through night-troll-infested woods? (Unless she's a great fighter, of course...)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they were referred to as brothers at some point. Women are rarely brothers.
They didn't know that there were night trolls here, they thought we were all dead, and they could be referring to brothers in arms or brothers in religion, there's a lot of gender neutral brothers.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:30 pm »

What kind of moron takes their female companions along on a trip through night-troll-infested woods? (Unless she's a great fighter, of course...)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they were referred to as brothers at some point. Women are rarely brothers.
They didn't know that there were night trolls here, they thought we were all dead, and they could be referring to brothers in arms or brothers in religion, there's a lot of gender neutral brothers.
1. So the elves have been hiding the secret of Fellsoil?
2. Even assuming they meant that, I somehow doubt that Weirdsound would leave such a...discernible detail out, anyways. Unless she's a Polly Oliver, of course, but I doubt that for various reasons...
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »

Why would they warn those who hate them, and who would believe them anyway?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 27, 2013, 01:02:50 pm »

Why would they warn those who hate them, and who would believe them anyway?
Elves have never shown hatred for humans, the one settlement (Dawnmadien??) which included a substantial human population (and which we also terrorized) proves conclusively otherwise, and there's kinda some empirical evidence of our existence beyond eyewitness testimony...like those people that aren't around. Did the elves kill Gwen and the others and hide their corpses just to make their tale sound nicer to human ears?
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 27, 2013, 01:32:19 pm »

Ok I exaggerated a bit but they are far from friendly nations, and people being people would call our "reappearance" a hoax or a terrorist plot, and these people are actively looking for elves to kill.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 27, 2013, 01:40:58 pm »

Ok I exaggerated a bit but they are far from friendly nations, and people being people would call our "reappearance" a hoax or a terrorist plot, and these people are actively looking for elves to kill.
Well...
1. So? News spreads.
2. The presence of humans and elves in one settlement indicates some lack of tension between the races.
3. Rumors can be enough to dissuade people from taking a vulnerable female into a place which might be infested with monsters that just want to kidnap her and turn her into a monster.
4. Don't extrapolate a nation from a few people.
5. Seriously, do you think Weirdsound would have left a detail like that out?
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:15 pm »

Yeah. They are all dudes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »

Yeah. They are all dudes.
Aw...
But your GreatWyrm right about the rumors thing, i can see the knowledge behind not talking females rumored night troll hideouts.
So how are you today?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 27, 2013, 06:00:43 pm »

Tell them that to us fear soaked flesh is the greatest delicacy, remind them that they are at our mercy and that we were trying to be generous.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 28, 2013, 12:24:06 am »

Indeed, the "Consider the alternative: If you don't agree to this plan, we eat you instead of the elves." option is the best one. +1 to that.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 28, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You turn and sneer at the humans. "Perhaps you might want to reconsider. Please remember that I feed on fear soaked flesh, don't like to be disrespected, and that you are at my mercy. Accept my offer or I will eat you all instead!"

Their fear spikes a bit and the humans huddle up once more. They whisper to each other for a bit, before abruptly scattering and running off towards the cover of the woods. They are smart enough to split up and each moves in a different direction, meaning that in all likelihood at least one will escape immediate capture. 1d20 = 1 + 2(Skill) = 3 (OUCH!)

Your instincts flare up and you feel inclined to give chase. The puppet needs fear for your child and Gwen needs souls for her enchantment. But still you hesitate...

If you try to kill them and one gets away, the survivor(s) will likely tell his story and turn the human town against you. Perhaps it would be best to let them go unharmed. They may still tell their story, but it is unlikely the town will act against you if you don't harm it's citizens.

On the other hand you value your word, and you did just promise to eat them if they didn't help. There is no doubt you could easily stop 2 or 3 from escaping with your Eon Manipulation and Gwen's warping. You also stand a fair chance of tracking down the few who will slip through your fingers before they reach town...

"Dammit!"

"I told you we should have just killed them dear. But noooooo, we are racist pricks who only pick on elves!" Gwen chimes in with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:46 pm »

"No we are fair pricks."
MURDER TIME!
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143