Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 76535 times)

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you please update the video link to be this:
Code: [Select]
http://youtu.be/DRiK77HI4TE?t=5m18s
That is the part where the workflow stuff begins.

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to write it down here for anyone searching for the solution of the problem I just ran into. Its not workflow's fault, this does however seems to be the best place to note this.

If the workflow front-end does not show its gui in-game when pressing the assigned keybinding or hotkey, make sure utilities such as quickfort aren't on and screwing with workflow.

This for me solved the issue of workflow still recognizing the key was pressed but not managing to show its gui / workflow screen in-game.

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also I might have the same issue as Intrinsic.

Lignite to coke doesn't seem to work. My best guess would be because only coal is recognized as a material, not coke. Thus I also can't set the restraint properly.

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

any way to use workflow to set input materials? I created a "craft table" job at mason's workshop, added a custom limit to it, set output to "cobaltite table" but my mason still makes tables out of different materials.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

any way to use workflow to set input materials? I created a "craft table" job at mason's workshop, added a custom limit to it, set output to "cobaltite table" but my mason still makes tables out of different materials.

when querying a workshop, with the job selected, I think it is Alt-A to bring up the editor for job inputs.

m for material, then selected inorganic and start typing cobaltite and it should come up.

lightrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when querying a workshop, with the job selected, I think it is Alt-A to bring up the editor for job inputs.

m for material, then selected inorganic and start typing cobaltite and it should come up.

oooooooh yeeeeeaw, thanks!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

bug:
can't add bars of coal as a job from my smelter workshop using bit coal... I have to do a ctrl-i, add it in there.  But I can't alt-w add it from the workshop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:36:00 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I think this belongs in the DFHack thread, since your error is a workflow error.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

?

it's a workflow error, this is the workflow thread no?  Are you saying the error is not because of his coding, but something within dfhack?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't write workflow, I wrote a gui for it, most of which has been replaced by a new gui written by ag and the rest of it, the dashboard, has been re-written in lua by him. So I have no code in workflow any more. This thread still has a lot of useful information about workflow that isn't mentioned in the readme though.

I didn't understand your question about the Smelter... I just tried going to a smelter, adding a "make coke from bituminous coal" job and was able to add a constraint to it through the workflow gui. It came out as "BAR//COAL". Isn't that good enough? You don't need to differentiate between coke and charcoal right?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Struggling with the Repeat aspect of workflow.  Namely that once I enable workflow I can no longer control Repeating tasks without constantly enabling / disabling workflow.  I LOVE the workflow functionality that lets me specify a number of items on hand but I don't understand why it has to force all repeating tasks to be repeating forever.  I wish I could turn that function off and just use it for keeping specific numbers of items available.  I'm likely missing something as this is a huge pain in the butt having to disable workflow to turn off repeating tasks.  Any help or clarifications appreciated!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have to turn off Repeat mode on the task first, then you can delete it.

I didn't actually write workflow and that's just an inherent property of it. But that part causes a lot of pain :) so when I next get back to this I might add some functionality to detect if it's the human deleting the task and allow it.

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, thanks, yeah that's what I'm doing. But just to be clear, I have to DISABLE workflow in order to turn off repeat right?  Once I turn on Repeat there is no way to turn it off while workflow is active.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No you don't have to turn off Workflow. Just press 'r' to turn off repeat for a task. Then you can delete it, let it finish, or whatever. Workflow only looks at tasks that are set to repeat, it ignores the rest.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

quick question, does the workflow plugin give priority to specific jobs based on their order inside a workshop (or even in the workflow ui?)

Example:
If I have bars of coal queued as a job.

but in my smelter, I'm making coal from bituminous coal, as well as wood planks (mwmod).  Does it say to itself, "make coal from bituminous coal first before trying to use wood planks?" based on the order of the jobs in the workshop?

update: I don't think it does, it just cycles through the jobs, i.e. deletes, and re-adds the job.  So whatever was just completed, get's pushed to the bottom.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:15:33 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10