Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 76655 times)

Viruk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I think profiles would be a good idea. Would allow people to have priority work profiles if they wanted to. I saw autobutcher, but didn't think it would add enough to warrant its use. Then again, I was looking up autobutcher because I can't seem to render any damn fat into tallow. Actually it perpetually seems as if my butcher is doing nothing but occasionally removing work orders. I've been through the orders, tried manually dumping, and undumping body parts, and it never seems like any are available.

So ya... autobutcher. :) Do you use autowatch with that?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:57:16 am by Viruk »
May your axe be sharp, and your ale plentiful!

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was going to add a list_export function similar to the one that exists in autobutcher, so you can export the current settings and reimport them in a new save (or replace your existing ones with).

I suggest you look at list-commands.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest you look at list-commands.

I had a feeling I saw this ability somewhere but when I looked in the readme this isn't listed. I must have seen it in the code at some point.

I reckon that should be added to the readme... also the fact that you can actually set quality levels on constraints too.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a small issue with this plugin.
It seems to always assume that the minimap is not shown and does not change its position accordingly, so half of it is inside my minimap-frame. I dont know if it is possible to fix this, but it sure would be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fixed the same problem in the build material selection thing when I merged it. There is a utility function in dfhack core that returns a structure with all necessary coordinates of the dwarfmode panels.

ShirraWhitefur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Absolutely lovely, this.
  I've been kludging about with the workflow command line, and while I -can- make it work to some degree with me, I've come to the conclusion that it mostly just hates me and rather poignantly.  This however has made the feature easy to use, and just as easy to see what's actually connected into it in each workshop.
  True, a few things aren't working with it, but I'm working with modded stuff (Accelerated mod, and will later be trying it with Masterwork).  Enough works that it saves me quite a bit of hassles and tracking of things.  So far, the bits that fail are that it fails to track how much cloth is actually made (for automated weave thread into cloth amounts), and just will not even let me try to do anything with meals.  Still, as said!  Major decrease in what I have to fiddle with.  No more wondering if I've got enough bins and barrels to spare, no wondering if I have been keeping my charcoal/coke amounts up to proper levels.
  So yeah.. thanks for this!  The only thing I might ask for is an easier way to remove 'oops' workflow additions, than having to match them down to a workshop one, and toggle them off at the workshop, one matched setup after another, hoping it 'takes'.  Also, AG, the screenshots of your setup are looking nice as well.  I hope both versions end up being around, so people can pick and choose.  Variety of options is awesome, after all. :)

- Shirra

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a small issue with this plugin.
It seems to always assume that the minimap is not shown and does not change its position accordingly, so half of it is inside my minimap-frame. I dont know if it is possible to fix this, but it sure would be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah yes, I didn't know enough about DFHack when I wrote that to find out what state the UI menu's were in, I'll do a build with that fixed.
Edit: sorted, https://github.com/downloads/Falconne/dfhack/Inventory_Monitor_v0.4-Windows-0.34.11.r2.zip

True, a few things aren't working with it, but I'm working with modded stuff (Accelerated mod, and will later be trying it with Masterwork).  Enough works that it saves me quite a bit of hassles and tracking of things.  So far, the bits that fail are that it fails to track how much cloth is actually made (for automated weave thread into cloth amounts), and just will not even let me try to do anything with meals.

Oh yes, I battled with that a bit :) That problem will be solved with the new workshop UI from ag's post, in the next version of DFHack. Unfortunately the workshop definitions for some jobs, like weaving cloth, milking, etc aren't complete enough to automatically define the workflow conditions from. I decided not to go through the pain of figuring out how to make it work since he's already done it. Many jobs _can_ be added to workflow, but you have to know the exact way to define the materials. You can change anything through the command line or from the "Edit" option in the Inventory Monitor (it's not really and edit, it deletes the old constraint and makes a new one), but you have to know what material to set. There are a few posts floating around with the definitions for some of the more arcane combinations.

As for the removing workflows thing, I didn't quite get what you mean. Can you explain with a full example?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:11:51 am by falconne »

ShirraWhitefur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured the reason that food and the like wasn't supported in your workflow setup was pretty much exactly that, 'A total bugger and a hassle and possibly exact raw file / mod-specific'.  The added bonus of being already done by someone else though, yeah, that's a great reason too!   As said, this is still saving me a ton of hassle, and I'm totally fine with having only 10% as much stuff to track manually.

As for removing things.  Okay, lets see.. Go to a workshop, lets say a quern and turn on milling.  Toggle on the workflow for it.  Then go into the workflow job/inventory listing, and edit the milling entry, trying to set the specific plant.  Come out, look at the workshop, realize it doesn't link up anymore to that workflow setting, go into the inventory listing and realize that your modified milling job not only isn't linked up to the workshop (where you can remove the job by toggling off the workflow at that spot), but that it's on your inventory listing, with now visible options to remove it.  So you have to edit it back to what the default was for the milling job, exit that screen, go to the workshop, toggle the milling job on again as a workflow and back off again, to remove that job properly.

Unless there's a way I'm missing, aside from using the DFHack command line.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured the reason that food and the like wasn't supported in your workflow setup was pretty much exactly that, 'A total bugger and a hassle and possibly exact raw file / mod-specific'.  The added bonus of being already done by someone else though, yeah, that's a great reason too!   As said, this is still saving me a ton of hassle, and I'm totally fine with having only 10% as much stuff to track manually.

As for removing things.  Okay, lets see.. Go to a workshop, lets say a quern and turn on milling.  Toggle on the workflow for it.  Then go into the workflow job/inventory listing, and edit the milling entry, trying to set the specific plant.  Come out, look at the workshop, realize it doesn't link up anymore to that workflow setting, go into the inventory listing and realize that your modified milling job not only isn't linked up to the workshop (where you can remove the job by toggling off the workflow at that spot), but that it's on your inventory listing, with now visible options to remove it.  So you have to edit it back to what the default was for the milling job, exit that screen, go to the workshop, toggle the milling job on again as a workflow and back off again, to remove that job properly.

Unless there's a way I'm missing, aside from using the DFHack command line.

There are some posts in the forum where people have listed the specific material constraints required for most of the annoying jobs... try doing a search "workflow weaving", etc.

As for removing a constraint (workflow) from the inventory monitor, the right hand side menu is a replica of the workshop UI, so you should see an option there, "t", to "Remove Tracking". This is the same as deleting it. I should have named it clearer... removing tracking is technically more correct based on what's going on in the code, but from the player's point of view I can see it's unclear.

Russell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, I'm getting an error from dfhack when it starts up saying:

Can't load plugin D:\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\plugins\workflow.plug.dll

I'm sure I'm running the latest version.

Dorfgineer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This plugin is excellent. I can't stress enough how awesome this is.  :D

I found a bug, I think. I can consistently crash DF with this plugin if I select a job in a workshop that is not being tracked and I press 'l' (lowercase L) attempting to change the limit. The same will happen if I attempt to change the gap using the 'g' key without the plugin tracking a job.

Also, this probably isn't a bug, but I lost an entire fortress because a human caravan carrying a lot of alcohol was destroyed by a goblin seige outside, and I didn't figure out the alcohol was counted on the stock screen until  almost everyone had died of thirst.  FUN times!  :)

If you can't reproduce the crash bug yourself I can provide a save to help with diagnostics.

I'm running LNP DF 34.11 with DFHack (latest version, r2), Soundsense r35, Quickfort 2.04, and DT 0.6.12.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:04:53 pm by Dorfgineer »

Chaz8591

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Does this work with the Kitchen workshop? When I go to enable tracking on Prepare easy/fine/lavish meal it replies with "Job type not currently supported". It may just be an issue with using this plugin with the masterwork mod though. Other workshops seem to track fine.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a bug, I think. I can consistently crash DF with this plugin if I select a job in a workshop that is not being tracked and I press 'l' (lowercase L) attempting to change the limit. The same will happen if I attempt to change the gap using the 'g' key without the plugin tracking a job.

Ah yes, I missed that. This workshop UI will be replaced in the next version of DFHack, but I'll fix this bug anyway.

Also, this probably isn't a bug, but I lost an entire fortress because a human caravan carrying a lot of alcohol was destroyed by a goblin seige outside, and I didn't figure out the alcohol was counted on the stock screen until  almost everyone had died of thirst.  FUN times!  :)

Hmm, was that in the game's own Stocks screen or in my inventory monitor? If it's the latter, then it would be a bug in workflow itself counting the drinks in the caravan. I don't think I've seen that happen, I'll have to try it out.

Does this work with the Kitchen workshop? When I go to enable tracking on Prepare easy/fine/lavish meal it replies with "Job type not currently supported". It may just be an issue with using this plugin with the masterwork mod though. Other workshops seem to track fine.

No, this version doesn't work with some workshops... you'll have to figure out the material combo yourself and add it manually through the inventory screen. The UI that comes in the next version of DFHack, when it's released, will handle all workshops.

Chaz8591

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

No, this version doesn't work with some workshops... you'll have to figure out the material combo yourself and add it manually through the inventory screen. The UI that comes in the next version of DFHack, when it's released, will handle all workshops.
[/quote]

Ahs, Thanks very much. and Thanks for all your plugins, they're a huge help.

Tharg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got stuck on this screen :

http://tharg.co.uk/Dwarf_Fortress/images/StuckWorkflow.png

No keys seem to do anything.  I can record a macro and load it etc. though but I think that's it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10