Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 76678 times)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

Here is a tutorial I made with R3 and the GUI that was included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiK77HI4TE&list=UUISPcad-6svNxgViVr_syvA&index=2#t=5m19s

(For the record, I preferred your interface as well falconne, but this one is acceptable and I will just have to adapt ;))

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is a tutorial I made with R3 and the GUI that was included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiK77HI4TE&list=UUISPcad-6svNxgViVr_syvA&index=2#t=5m19s

Nice one. I've added that link to the first post. The new UI needs such an explanation.

You should do more videos including some of the other, non "cheat" labour saving features in dfhack that people wouldn't know about unless they go through the readme (which few do I think). Features such as autobutcher, getplants, workshop-job and the dig designations.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

I've covered digv (very basic I know), plan to cover some of the exploratory mining commands soon.
I also covered autobutcher in the current videos.
Soon I will cover seedwatch.  (Didn't embark with seeds so I need some time to build up a supply)

I'm not familiar with getplants, does that just allow you to specify what type of plant to go harvest mapwide? 
Oh, and do you have any idea how the constraints are supposed to be set up for alcohol with this version of workflow?
I am having a terrible time getting the constraints right on prickle berry wine and strawberry wine. 

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not familiar with getplants, does that just allow you to specify what type of plant to go harvest mapwide? 
Oh, and do you have any idea how the constraints are supposed to be set up for alcohol with this version of workflow?
I am having a terrible time getting the constraints right on prickle berry wine and strawberry wine.

Yes, you can use it for harvesting plants, but I use it to automatically designate trees for felling. I just periodically run the command to mark all trees and the woodcutters will pick the closest ones. This way I don't have to keep designating trees manually. I just use burrows for the woodcutters to make sure they don't wander off too far.

As for alcohol constraints (and others), the problem I expect you're having is that if you add a constraint to track to track a specific material type, but the workshop job uses a generic material by default, the connection between the workshop jobs and the constraints is lost. So if you make constraints specifically for Drinks of type "Strawberry Wine" and "Prickle Berry Wine", but the workshop job is just for "Drink", then there is no connection. The dashboard will still track the items for your constraints, but no jobs will get resuned or suspended.

What you have to do is use another dfhack script, workshop-job, to make the input material for the workshop job specific. Add a keybinding like this to your dfhack.ini:

Code: [Select]
keybinding add Ctrl-M@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some "gui/workshop-job"

Now if you press that with a job selected in a workshop, such as Brew Drink, you get to choose the input material. If you set the input to Wild strawberry (or whatever the plant is), you'll see that the job's now connected to the specific constraint. The add a new Brew Drink job and set that to use Pickle Berry plant as input material. Now both constraints will be tracked independently.

You can tell when this problem is happening from the dashboard... if the limit number on a constraint is red, that means there's a problem. Either it can't find a specific workshop job to connect to, or the job is suspended because input materials are missing, etc.

All this applies to any workshop job that uses generic materials, like crafts, and farmers workshop jobs, etc. I don't think this is well understood and probably not well explained in the Readme. If you make a video about it I'll link it in the first post.

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Firstly, I nearly shat my pants when I stumbled on this util earlier this week. Pretty awesome! Prior to this I was loading a massive workflow script at the start of each game. This is much better, thanks for all the work put into workflow.

Secondly, I have the following problem when trying to add a constraint for dyer.
"Workflow cannot guess the outputs of this job."

I seem to remember this is not possible... but couldn't find any reference to dyers or the keywords associated with their constraints.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Secondly, I have the following problem when trying to add a constraint for dyer.
"Workflow cannot guess the outputs of this job."

I seem to remember this is not possible... but couldn't find any reference to dyers or the keywords associated with their constraints.

Right now you can't specify attributes like "dyed" or "undyed" in constraints. It would be a nice addition (also in the clothier workshop so that only dyed cloth will be used for tailoring), but for the time being you can only put the "dye cloth" job on repeat and organize your stockpile/burrow settings in such a way that cloth gets dyed before it gets transported to the input stockpile for your clothier's workshop.

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for this amazing plugin! this saves so much hassle.

There is one this i though might be a very nice addition tho (not sure if at all possible).
It would be really awesome to be able to create a workflow based on a Workshop and its stockpiles.

Basically this would resume/active a certain job if there are resources in a stockpile which the workshop 'takes' from and suspends/stops when the stockpile this workshop 'gives' to is full.

Again not sure if this is possible, but this would be awesome for things like encrusting (only) masterwork furniture and other such task.

Cheers,

-Bragos

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This would also work for attributes without constraints. If the workshop is assigned proper give/take rules and the job is unsuspended when inputs are available, it would be a workaround better than the current one, which is to manually unsuspend jobs.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

if i have say 12 diff bronze weapons/armor jobs that are queued up in the ctrl-i inventory screen and my shops are filled up to their max of possible jobs. how d0es the tool determine what job to put in next? i see a bunch of suspended jobs that I'm assuming should be removed if their suspended and make room for other jobs that still need to be queued up.  Is it based on the order in the ctrl i screen?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:23:00 am by thistleknot »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No that's not how workflow works. See the tutorial video posted by Arumba linked in the first post. Workflow is not like the manager, it doesn't add jobs. It suspends and resumes existing jobs that are on repeat, to keep the stocks of items between a minimum and maximum. You shouldn't have more than one entry in the inventory screen for any one type of item with a given material constraint.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i understand that (it doesnt work like manager, but it does by adding jobs to the workshops). but say i have a new metalsmiths forge with no jobs queued. the workflow plugin will dump a bunch of (suspended) jobs into it within a few moments. what determines what jobs are dumped in (and in what order). i understand its through the inventory screen. but im worried the suspended jobs are preventing other jobs from being queued. wondering if their is a priority to the job queue.

Update:

I'm a former dwarf foreman user btw.

finally I'm at home where I can actually focus some attention on this.

I understand that workflow doesn't work the same as manager, but messing with it, I noticed it worked similar to manager.  Where-as you queue a bunch of jobs in the inventory screen and they show up in your workshops...  maybe I'm wrong on this one, maybe it's because there queued up in other workshops... but they would populate automagically (just like manager does!).

Anyways... I was having issues with trying to add a new job into a workshop to bypass the inventory (ctrl I screen) by going into the workshop to add it, but when I cancelled one, another one would appear... very frustrating stuff.

So I opted for using the built in manager to do the work (i.e. the default manager ui).

so yeah, that's kind of why I had this question, because of all that work, however, I was wondering how jobs were being populated from the inventory (ctrl-i menu).  As I saw a lot of populated jobs that were suspended, and I was wondering if those jobs were preventing other jobs from being queued up, so I was trying to figure out how the jobs were being queued to begin with.

Request:
It would be nice to request a way to modify existing workflow jobs rather than deleting and re-creating

updatE:
I think I was hitting "s" and "c" vs "r" and "c" to cancel jobs

update:
upon further update, the inventory manager doesn't populate jobs into empty workshop queue's...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:55:24 pm by thistleknot »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, workflow works completely differently to dwarf foreman. Workflow is a set of constraints, such as "Keep the number of short swords between 10 and 15". It's up to you to set up as many or as few workshop jobs on repeat to produce short swords. Workflow will then identify those jobs with the constraint. If the number of short swords is below 10, it resumes all those jobs.

See Arumba's video for a full tutorial.

A pre-existing feature of workflow was to protect jobs that are on repeat. That's why you saw then re-appearing when you cancel them. To remove them, clear the repeat flag first.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting a weird issue using the new workflow plugin

"no owner assigned" when I'm trying to repeat a job.  It's just before the Ctrl-W part (where I try to add it to the workflow)...  apparently all these jobs are not getting resumed...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Press alt. Let go of alt. Press R again.

This happens when you alt+tab.

paragith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to set constraint on input items, instead of output? Like "keep burning wood logs, until there are 15-20 wood logs left" instead of "keep burning logs, until there are 15-20 bars of coal".
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10