Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478763 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #1005 on: December 28, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

With the upcoming cyberponies... do we have to crack open the skulls of innocent slaves? Why not some captured raiders or slavers? The brain is only used as a processor, isn't it?

Captured enemies retain their civ loyalties and so will remain hostile even when transformed. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but it involves the convoluted creature spawning, so that's some ways off. For the moment, cyberizing slave ponies is the easiest way to introduce useable robobrains.

I went out of my way and actually got Fallout 3. Seems I was right to succumb to that particular urge.

It's an excellent game. I still have fond memories of blowing up raiders with the bloody mess perk.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:24:54 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 28, 2012, 10:30:45 pm »

With the upcoming cyberponies... do we have to crack open the skulls of innocent slaves? Why not some captured raiders or slavers? The brain is only used as a processor, isn't it?

Also I agree with having enemies show up due to trading. After all, how is anypony supposed to know you have loads of prewar tech and salvage unless you trade it off?

The downside would be that five barbed steel wires are enough to hit the maximum trade progress trigger and end up with the Unity and the Steel Rangers fighting over who gets to loot your fort.

It does mean that you can live a more peaceful existence by keeping trading to a minimum, though.

I know have the greatest mental image.

Knight:"Elder, we have a report coming in from the town of Happyshivs."

Elder:"Oh, what of them?"

Knight:"They have....barbed wire."

Elder:".....Distroy them!"
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:26 pm »

>I still have fond memories of blowing up raiders with the bloody mess perk.

I still have fond memories of hitting every raider in sight with the Mezmetron and slapping slave collars on them and chopping up those I couldn't salvage into meat to sell to Tenpenny Tower. Slavery and Butcher Pete mods respectively.

>Captured enemies retain their civ loyalties and so will remain hostile even when transformed. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but it involves the convoluted creature spawning, so that's some ways off. For the moment, cyberizing slave ponies is the easiest way to introduce useable robobrains.

If only there was a way to butcher them and have the brain be part of the reaction.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:05:02 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 28, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »

If only there was a way to butcher them and have the brain be part of the reaction.

Too bad you can't spawn new creatures out of a paper clip, some string and the brain of a sadist.

If only McGyver was here.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2012, 12:15:51 am »

Too bad you can't spawn new creatures out of a paper clip, some string and the brain of a sadist.

Then came the image of a dark factory where ponies' heads are cut open with a circular saw, tiny surgical instruments then disconnect the brain from the skull. The body is pushed into an awaiting meat grinder and the brain taken and installed into a robot.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 29, 2012, 12:18:49 am »

Then came the image of a dark factory where ponies' heads are cut open with a circular saw, tiny surgical instruments then disconnect the brain from the skull. The body is pushed into an awaiting meat grinder and the brain taken and installed into a robot.

This of course has the odd effect of making cheese makers and babies much more useful.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 29, 2012, 12:50:48 am »

This of course has the odd effect of making cheese makers and babies much more useful.

Gah, now I want to make a custom civ of ponies with cyberponies as the ruling elite and soldiers with the fleshy ones existing only to either breed or be converted into robots.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

You know what? Valdiku needs fucking robobrains in his mod, that sounds just like something he'd love to be all over.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:19 am »

You know what? Valdiku needs fucking robobrains in his mod, that sounds just like something he'd love to be all over.

No, you know what?
There needs to be a pony style Borderlands (Ponylands? :P) mod for this game.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 29, 2012, 01:36:31 am »

No, you know what?
There needs to be a pony style Borderlands (Ponylands? :P) mod for this game.

More like Borderblands.
It's just wastelands where you shoot giant space rats and talk to crazy children who sleep with their eyes open, and we have both of those in post apocalyptic Equestria.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 29, 2012, 01:42:11 am »

It's called the RobronCo Assembly Forge. ;)

> Knight:"They have....barbed wire."

> Elder:".....Distroy them!"

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I'll introduce a trade trigger for the Steel Rangers on an experimental basis. Unity alicorns are already population triggered only.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:52:14 am by Lycaeon »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 29, 2012, 01:43:08 am »

More like Borderblands.
It's just wastelands where you shoot giant space rats and talk to crazy children who sleep with their eyes open, and we have both of those in post apocalyptic Equestria.
I don't see how robot invasions and alien element mutations would be bland, but okay.

@Lycaeon Speaking of barbed wire, why the hell is it so valuable in the first place?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 29, 2012, 01:46:47 am »

But sire, why not just lower the value of barbed wire?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 29, 2012, 02:01:01 am »

> Speaking of barbed wire, why the hell is it so valuable in the first place?

The formula for trap component values is ((SIZE / 50) + 1) * HITS. Barbed wire has 20 hits...so on top of the fact that it's made out of steel...

Its high value is something I overlooked, so I'll have to reduce its hit number and size. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

And Replica, I'm just a modder. ??? Kkat would be a more fitting subject of praise, after all, the novel's the source of most of the ideas.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:08:30 am by Lycaeon »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 29, 2012, 02:04:02 am »

>> Speaking of barbed wire, why the hell is it so valuable in the first place?

> The formula for trap component values is ((SIZE / 50) + 1) * HITS. Barbed wire has 20 hits...so on top of the fact that it's made out of steel...

20 hits? No wonder the Steel Rangers want to destroy us!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 210